How would a layoff work?

PT Car Washer

Pretty sure he's saying that a laid-off FT driver can't bump a PTer who has more company seniority. That's how it is here, you can bump back to PT but only if you have more company seniority than the people you are bumping.
Also when PT and FT work in the same area lay offs will be by company seniority.

35years

Gravy route
Not taking the sweet porter job for the time being with layoffs looming...

Going from near the top of package to bottom of porters at this time would not be good. Also don't want to be cleaning the filthy virus infested hub.

quad decade guy

All this got me to wondering. So, if we get layed off and bump into another classification(here) we go to the bottom no matter how much company time or anything. Let's say this lasts for years....do I get vacation pick after
500 part-timers?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All this got me to wondering. So, if we get layed off and bump into another classification(here) we go to the bottom no matter how much company time or anything. Let's say this lasts for years....do I get vacation pick after
500 part-timers?

If you’ve been here 40 years and get bumped Don’t think your going to have to worry about many part-timers

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
$600 a week on top of unemployment. This is the best time to be laid off in the history of the country. Too bad the Teamster gave up our Cadillac Aetna plan when Obamacare went into effect and got absolutely nothing for it. If you remember UPS aent us the statement yearly and rubbed in our faces what they paid for medical care. It was a lot more than what they are paying teamcare. It would have been nice to get insurance for 3 to 6 months of layoff or some medicare supplements for giving that up.

Hadjabear

Umm.... No.

You are confusing layoff language, with daily operational language.
20200407_030255.jpg

quad decade guy

If you’ve been here 40 years and get bumped Don’t think your going to have to worry about many part-timers
Not if but I have been here 40 years. But my supplement doesn't recognize company seniority except for vacations and some bidding. Up until just a few years ago several of the buildings didn't exist. There could be contractions in the economy and company operations. Such changes could include buildings etc. I have seen whole feeder dept. closed and merged. Because company seniority isn't recognized here, that could mean I might be layed off. That means going to the bottom of pkg. or 2 part time jobs. As unbelievable as that sounds it is more than possible. 15 years feeder around here is moderate. In that scenario, do we still bid vacations in feeder?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not if but I have been here 40 years. But my supplement doesn't recognize company seniority except for vacations and some bidding. Up until just a few years ago several of the buildings didn't exist. There could be contractions in the economy and company operations. Such changes could include buildings etc. I have seen whole feeder dept. closed and merged. Because company seniority isn't recognized here, that could mean I might be layed off. That means going to the bottom of pkg. or 2 part time jobs. As unbelievable as that sounds it is more than possible. 15 years feeder around here is moderate. In that scenario, do we still bid vacations in feeder?
Maybe. Depends if it is cold out.

Brisket

Between a part time Air driver who's been here for 5 years and a Full time driver whos been with the company for 3 years , i guess the full time driver would go 'bye be' 1st?

Have you seen the volume lately ( depending on your area), NO ONE is getting laid off ( at least here).