How's the view???........

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a friend who absolutely loves that bridge! What's it called, the Sunshine Skyway, I think?
I've sailed under it 4 times!
You are correct. I drove over it once when a cruise ship was under it. It was really cool how close the ship was to the bridge. Did you know that it has to be low tide when cruise ships sail out because of how close they are to the bridge? Also, it was kind of eerie during Covid to see so many ships sitting just outside the entrance to the bay, basically stranded.

pkgdriver

I have a friend who absolutely loves that bridge! What's it called, the Sunshine Skyway, I think?
I've sailed under it 4 times!
Its always a nice sail out and under the Skyway. Gasparilla Day has been a mess in the past for the ships leaving. Next booked/planned cruise out of Tampa is Feb 24 to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.
59F941CC-AFEF-4755-A788-A84A88A7D6A7.jpeg

pkgdriver

You are correct. I drove over it once when a cruise ship was under it. It was really cool how close the ship was to the bridge. Did you know that it has to be low tide when cruise ships sail out because of how close they are to the bridge? Also, it was kind of eerie during Covid to see so many ships sitting just outside the entrance to the bay, basically stranded.
Dont believe any of the Cruise ships that leave from Tampa have to worry about the tide. Even at high tide there is still enough clearance(not much). The Fog is a different matter though. A few times every year there are ships that are delayed because of visibility. Probably because of the Skyway accident in 80 when a freighter hit a piling. 35 died most were passengers on a Greyhound Bus that plunged into the Bay.
Plenty of ships that cannot ever go into Tampa because of the bridge.
A69B82ED-62E9-4607-A78D-ED947DFCF66D.jpeg
58CCC70B-3238-4B28-BA85-8AC939B9EE90.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Dont believe any of the Cruise ships that leave from Tampa have to worry about the tide. Even at high tide there is still enough clearance(not much). The Fog is a different matter though. A few times every year there are ships that are delayed because of visibility. Probably because of the Skyway accident in 80 when a freighter hit a piling. 35 died most were passengers on a Greyhound Bus that plunged into the Bay.
Plenty of ships that cannot ever go into Tampa because of the bridge.
View attachment 437666View attachment 437667
I’m pretty sure I read somewhere about the tide but I couldn’t find anything. Oh well. I’ve always loved that they left parts of the old bridge on both sides for fishing piers.