HR and my union are clueless about 22.4 to Combos.

Ilovetoast

I’m a part-time air driver but in reality I’m getting full-time hours around 45 hours a week.

Today my HR approached me and said if I’m interested in the 22.4 jobs? It seems they are taking requests now.

To me it seems like a piece of :censored2: job because I will no longer get my ground pay and I have to work all day on Saturday. The way they word it “You will drive when necessary” Scares the :censored2: out of me.

The truth is I have been waiting for 22.3 combo job for 16 years. I asked the HR if I take this 22.4 Job Will I be able to apply for a 22.3 jobs in the future? They have no answer only that 22.3 jobs can become 22.4

I think I might have to take this 22.4 job because I have a feeling Air drivers are going to be Extinct soon. I’m just hoping that I still have a chance to bid on a 22.3 job afterwards.

Thanks guys If you know the answer!

I’m a part-time air driver but in reality I’m getting full-time hours around 45 hours a week.

Today my HR approached me and said if I’m interested in the 22.4 jobs? It seems they are taking requests now.

To me it seems like a piece of :censored2: job because I will no longer get my ground pay and I have to work all day on Saturday. The way they word it “You will drive when necessary” Scares the :censored2: out of me.

The truth is I have been waiting for 22.3 combo job for 16 years. I asked the HR if I take this 22.4 Job Will I be able to apply for a 22.3 jobs in the future? They have no answer only that 22.3 jobs can become 22.4

I think I might have to take this 22.4 job because I have a feeling Air drivers are going to be Extinct soon. I’m just hoping that I still have a chance to bid on a 22.3 job afterwards.

Just my opinion but you should probably take the 22.4 job. Why would the company create a 22.3 job to deliver air when they can pay a 22.4 driver around the same amount to do air and ground.

Most of the PT air drivers have been working 40 to 50+ hours a week for the last couple months along with the 22.3 air drivers. I believe they are going to be asked to be 22.4 or else lose all of the extra work. The $2k/wk paychecks are nice but getting real burned out. At the same time FT drivers are working 7 1/2 hrs and getting paid for 9 with their bonus.

We have a couple guys who arent anywhere near top seniority who work 10 and 12 hours a day only doing misloads.
PT air drivers at top FT driver rate? It is called "smart money" supposed to make the company work smarter to eliminate misloads. I have been making "smart money" for 25 years now. Would like to retire but I could be here another 25 years making "smart money".

Package Stick

"Send it."
We have a guy who gets about $70k a year to hang smalls bags on their racks at a snail's pace.

There's a fine line between being pathetic and being a genius.
Got a couple in my Hub. Also a 47-year part-timer, I have no idea what you'd make at that point, he's an irrg driver. He tells management to jump and they do lol.

Staydryitsraining

PT air drivers at top FT driver rate? It is called "smart money" supposed to make the company work smarter to eliminate misloads. I have been making "smart money" for 25 years now. Would like to retire but I could be here another 25 years making "smart money".
lol no. Full time drivers who should be running routes but only do misloads. Air drivers here are split, we have air drivers and air shuttle drivers. Makes zero sense.

dudebro

Got a couple in my Hub. Also a 47-year part-timer, I have no idea what you'd make at that point, he's an irrg driver. He tells management to jump and they do lol.

We've had inside PTers with high seniority go over $100k with the hours they work during peak. Get that far up the seniority list and you get left alone mostly too.

FlipOldman

Don't do it. You've got a good gig right now, and you're going to lose that if you go 22.4.