HR or Supervisors won’t say anything

Ok. Bottomline. When I interviewed the HR didn’t say a word about “seasonal” as a matter of fact he told me I was hired on as Full time driver. Talked about the benefits and pay and how everything would start after 30 days. This was on October 5th. I signed contract on October 5th. After the week training I started and drove with SUP for 3 days then on my own. After 1 week the manager came in and told 6-7 of us that only 1 job would be full time. Frustrating. HR said nothing like that. Well, I drove everyday until yesterday. I was told yesterday that us 7 were on lay-off because of low volume. I talked to HR this morning and he played dumb. Haven’t heard a word about anything. What the hell is going on? I have responsibilities and need to work. Just seems kinda unprofessional to not be more transparent. What are your thoughts since I was hired before Oct 15? Should I sit down with manager Face to Face? Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ok. Bottomline. When I interviewed the HR didn’t say a word about “seasonal” as a matter of fact he told me I was hired on as Full time driver. Talked about the benefits and pay and how everything would start after 30 days. This was on October 5th. I signed contract on October 5th. After the week training I started and drove with SUP for 3 days then on my own. After 1 week the manager came in and told 6-7 of us that only 1 job would be full time. Frustrating. HR said nothing like that. Well, I drove everyday until yesterday. I was told yesterday that us 7 were on lay-off because of low volume. I talked to HR this morning and he played dumb. Haven’t heard a word about anything. What the hell is going on? I have responsibilities and need to work. Just seems kinda unprofessional to not be more transparent. What are your thoughts since I was hired before Oct 15? Should I sit down with manager Face to Face? Any info would be helpful. Thank you.
go get unemployment

UPSER1987

I would try to a have a face to face with HR...maybe they can help. But I believe anyone hired after October 1 is considered seasonal and not guaranteed a permanent position. The HR person may not have known.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I would try to a have a face to face with HR...maybe they can help. But I believe anyone hired after October 1 is considered seasonal and not guaranteed a permanent position. The HR person may not have known.
It is November 1 to the second full week of January here in the central.
He is a full time employee. If he got his 30 days in he needs to talk to a union steward.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
View attachment 231187

DOK

This is the carrot they dangle Avery peak, they tell it to helpers and inside employees too, “ do a really good job and we’ll keep you”. It’s disgraceful, I’m surprised the American public hasn’t caught on by now, but every year there’s a new group that fall for it.

over9five

Staff member
We hear this every year. They Lie Lie and Lie some more to get people to work for Peak.
Man, we've been told the same thing a million times...

Big Babooba

I talked to HR this morning and he played dumb. - FYI he wasn't playing dumb.

ajax25

I wouldn’t wast my time with HR, go directly to your center manager and talk with them. That’s really the only way to get somewhat straight answers around this place. (Plus it might show some initiative if they are deciding which of you to keep)