Huntsman Calling It A Day

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, because Obama has such a great track record himself. So great in fact that his approval rating stays below 50%.

Romney's track record is reversing himself on nearly everything he supposedly stands for and outsourcing American jobs for huge profits (for himself). Plus he belongs to a religion classified as a cult by many, which has a central belief that when you die, that if you were righteous here on earth, that you get to rule your own planet!!

He is bizarre, a proven liar, and a flip-flopper of the highest order. Plus there is the magic underwear. And he's all you've got!! Better see if Cain can jump off Ginger for a few minutes and un-suspend his candidacy. It just gets better all the time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Goerge Bush was, by several orders of magnitude, the worst and most incompetent President that our nation has ever had. The damage that his policies did to our economy will be felt for generations. I am far from being an Obama fan but there is no way that he or anyone else could possibly undo that damage in a 4-year term.
Someone else would at least come into the office and stop the bleeding instead of squeezing the wound making it bleed even more. You may think Bush was horrible.....Obama was even worse !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Romney's track record is reversing himself on nearly everything he supposedly stands for and outsourcing American jobs for huge profits (for himself). Plus he belongs to a religion classified as a cult by many, which has a central belief that when you die, that if you were righteous here on earth, that you get to rule your own planet!!

He is bizarre, a proven liar, and a flip-flopper of the highest order. Plus there is the magic underwear. And he's all you've got!! Better see if Cain can jump off Ginger for a few minutes and un-suspend his candidacy. It just gets better all the time.

Yeah, the same 'cult' as Harry Reid and....
Mormons serving in gov't..

Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, the majority leader of the U.S. Senate, was elected to his fifth term and has served since 1986.
Now in his sixth term as Utah's senator, Orrin Hatch was first elected in 1976. He is the former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
LDS members of the U.S. Senate
Other Latter-day Saint senators include:

Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.

Newly elected Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.

Sen. Tom Udall, D-New Mexico, elected in 2008.
LDS members of the U.S. House
Latter-day Saints serving in the U.S. House of Representatives include:

Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, elected in 2002.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, elected in 2008.

Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., elected in 2000.

Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nevada, elected in 2006.

Rep. Wally Herger, R-Calif., elected in 1986.

Newly elected Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho.

Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, elected in 2000.

Rep. Buck McKeon, R-Calif., elected in 1992.

Rep. Mike Simpson, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.
Rep. Eni Faleomavaega, D-American Samoa, is one of five territorial representatives in the House. He is in his 13th term as American Samoa's nonvoting delegate.
LDS Governor
Utah Governor Gary Herbert was sworn in for his first term as a governor Jan. 3.
Click here for another story on Governor Herbert. He is currently the only Latter-day Saint governor in office.
Mike Lee, a newly elected Church member in the Senate, had not held a political office prior to being elected.
A native of Provo, Utah, Sen. Lee is a graduate of Brigham Young University. He has been a constitutional lawyer in Utah and Washington, D.C.
Raul Labrador, a newly elected Latter-day Saint in the U.S. House, is a native of Puerto Rico.
Educated at Brigham Young University, he received a law degree from the University of Washington. He most recently served in the Idaho House of Representatives

over9five

Staff member
Is "ruling your own planet" anymore ludicrous than some guy rising from the dead, or healing with a touch, or parting the ocean?

All religions are cults.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, the same 'cult' as Harry Reid and....
Mormons serving in gov't..

Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, the majority leader of the U.S. Senate, was elected to his fifth term and has served since 1986.
Now in his sixth term as Utah's senator, Orrin Hatch was first elected in 1976. He is the former chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
LDS members of the U.S. Senate
Other Latter-day Saint senators include:

Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.

Newly elected Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.

Sen. Tom Udall, D-New Mexico, elected in 2008.
LDS members of the U.S. House
Latter-day Saints serving in the U.S. House of Representatives include:

Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, elected in 2002.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, elected in 2008.

Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., elected in 2000.

Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nevada, elected in 2006.

Rep. Wally Herger, R-Calif., elected in 1986.

Newly elected Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho.

Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah, elected in 2000.

Rep. Buck McKeon, R-Calif., elected in 1992.

Rep. Mike Simpson, R-Idaho, elected in 1998.
Rep. Eni Faleomavaega, D-American Samoa, is one of five territorial representatives in the House. He is in his 13th term as American Samoa's nonvoting delegate.
LDS Governor
Utah Governor Gary Herbert was sworn in for his first term as a governor Jan. 3.
Click here for another story on Governor Herbert. He is currently the only Latter-day Saint governor in office.
Mike Lee, a newly elected Church member in the Senate, had not held a political office prior to being elected.
A native of Provo, Utah, Sen. Lee is a graduate of Brigham Young University. He has been a constitutional lawyer in Utah and Washington, D.C.
Raul Labrador, a newly elected Latter-day Saint in the U.S. House, is a native of Puerto Rico.
Educated at Brigham Young University, he received a law degree from the University of Washington. He most recently served in the Idaho House of Representatives

This is all so predictable. Before Romney became the probable candidate, his religion was freely attacked by the Right. Now, that he is almost certainly the candidate, Mormonism is all fine and dandy. I don't care what religion Romney is, but the Religious Right does, and that's going to kill his chances. There are a lot of people who wonder where Romney's true loyalties lie.

Personally, I don't think a Mormon president is a problem. But the Right does. Watch the back-pedaling and "support" from his former critics suddenly begin to appear as they grudgingly accept him as the GOP nominee.

zer0bama's track record is reversing himself on nearly everything he supposedly stands for and outsourcing American jobs for huge tax increases to support those that lost their jobs. He is bizarre, a proven liar, and a flip-flopper of the highest order. Plus there is 0bamacare.

I admit I don't care much for Romney but other than his religion, why is he bizarre?

brett636

So did Reagans. Better get your facts in order. Reagan took over with a 6.1% unemployment rate and by the end of his second year in office, took that rate to 10.7% ! By his 3rd year, the rate fell slightly and he was re elected to office. His approval ratings were about the same as Obamas.

OBAMA 2012!

Peace.

Those "facts" you mentioned seem a little loose, but considering the source I guess I am not surprised. Reagan's reelection slogan was "Morning in America again" which was designed to highlight the improvements in our economy and people's lives, and the American people agreed by awarding Reagan 49 of the 50 states in that election. Obama can't make the same claims, and will probably go 90-95% negative against his opponent simply because he has almost no accomplishments to run on. Obama is no Reagan, and the only President with a lower approval rating at this point in his Presidency was Carter, and we know what happened to him.

Ronald Reagan TV Ad: "Its morning in america again" - YouTube

brett636

You just proved my point. You had no positive remarks to make about Obama indicating that he really has none to run on. Only negative remarks against his "likely" opponent.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is all so predictable. Before Romney became the probable candidate, his religion was freely attacked by the Right. Now, that he is almost certainly the candidate, Mormonism is all fine and dandy. I don't care what religion Romney is, but the Religious Right does, and that's going to kill his chances. There are a lot of people who wonder where Romney's true loyalties lie.

Personally, I don't think a Mormon president is a problem. But the Right does. Watch the back-pedaling and "support" from his former critics suddenly begin to appear as they grudgingly accept him as the GOP nominee.
If you didn't care what religion he was, then why did you bring it up? I've lived in Utah 2 separate times in my life and even though I went to Mass, I had no problems with the Mormons....the majority in the state. They are a self sustaining people and don't milk the system when they are down & out....they help each other.

I'm the right....I don't see a problem. I know I'm not alone.

over9five

Staff member
Unfortunately, we're many decades away from having a President who can just say "I am not a believer". So I don't care what religion anyone is, they're all whacked.

I would like to try a businessman out for the Presidency. I believe we need to try a CEO instead of a politician. I am unenrolled, and will vote for Romney if he's on the ticket.

I find it extremely disingenuous to single him out as a flipflopper. I'm not saying he isn't, but they all are.

Come to think of it, I haven't registered to vote since I moved.... Uh oh.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You just proved my point. You had no positive remarks to make about Obama indicating that he really has none to run on. Only negative remarks against his "likely" opponent.
And to add to that, we just witnessed what happened when Newt went negative on Mitt. People won't stand for that now and Newt's paying the price. He hung himself!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Unfortunately, we're many decades away from having a President who can just say "I am not a believer". So I don't care what religion anyone is, they're all whacked.

I would like to try a businessman out for the Presidency. I believe we need to try a CEO instead of a politician. I am unenrolled, and will vote for Romney if he's on the ticket.

I find it extremely disingenuous to single him out as a flipflopper. I'm not saying he isn't, but they all are.

Come to think of it, I haven't registered to vote since I moved.... Uh oh.
Git 'er done !!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have an uncle who has read from cover to cover almost every main religious book out there and he says all the time mormans are as far out there as you can get without being in a full fledged cult. I don't real care what you are if it's Obama vs Romney both their records suck. It's a sad day in this country when people are forced to vote for the least bad president. As for Obama and his record we will paying for his policies with higher taxes for years if not generations. One of the top jobs of the president is to present a budget he hasn't in 3 years!!!! Also unemployment is going down however the TRUE unemployment rate is probably somewhere around 15-18% . Don't ever believe either sides statistics you can make statistics look however you want. It's prob almost always somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have an uncle who has read from cover to cover almost every main religious book out there and he says all the time mormans are as far out there as you can get without being in a full fledged cult. I don't real care what you are if it's Obama vs Romney both their records suck. It's a sad day in this country when people are forced to vote for the least bad president. As for Obama and his record we will paying for his policies with higher taxes for years if not generations. One of the top jobs of the president is to present a budget he hasn't in 3 years!!!! Also unemployment is going down however the TRUE unemployment rate is probably somewhere around 15-18% . Don't ever believe either sides statistics you can make statistics look however you want. It's prob almost always somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying.
You aren't forced to vote for anything. The vigilantes won't come to your house and forcibly take you to the polls.

However, budget & hiring sounds more like a businessman's knowledge than a community organizer's knowledge. It's clear to me.

brett636

If you didn't care what religion he was, then why did you bring it up? I've lived in Utah 2 separate times in my life and even though I went to Mass, I had no problems with the Mormons....the majority in the state. They are a self sustaining people and don't milk the system when they are down & out....they help each other.

I also find it worth pointing out that nobody here is claiming they should vote for or against Romney because of his religion with the exception of the far left loons. To me, when a candidate has better ideas he gets my vote despite his/her religion, skin color, or sex. When a liberal candidate has a quality like the aforementioned its special and we should vote for them specifically because of that reason, but if a conservative candidate has the same quality they are "different" and "bizarre". Its an interesting double standard that no liberal on this site would feel comfortable discussing because they know its true.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I also find it worth pointing out that nobody here is claiming they should vote for or against Romney because of his religion with the exception of the far left loons. To me, when a candidate has better ideas he gets my vote despite his/her religion, skin color, or sex. When a liberal candidate has a quality like the aforementioned its special and we should vote for them specifically because of that reason, but if a conservative candidate has the same quality they are "different" and "bizarre". Its an interesting double standard that no liberal on this site would feel comfortable discussing because they know its true.
I just read the article from Alan West and he mentioned how a ton of white conservatives voted for Obama in '08.......that's how he won. People wanted the hope and change he spoke of and they voted for him. They didn't care if he was a Dem. or Rep. Many are disappointed now and let down by what they got.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

They are a self sustaining people? Seriously?? What are you putting into your morning coffee these days?

The mormons who practice paligamy are the BIGGEST recievers of welfare in the states that practice it! I almost gagged on your comment.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just read the article from Alan West and he mentioned how a ton of white conservatives voted for Obama in '08.......that's how he won. People wanted the hope and change he spoke of and they voted for him. They didn't care if he was a Dem. or Rep. Many are disappointed now and let down by what they got.

Who takes a disgraced military man seriously? Allan West has about as much credibility on social issues as does GW BUSH.

Peace.