husband terminated...advice please.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I know...and I'm doing my best...it's just so hard looking at the babies and knowing the situation we've been put in.
I don't know if this is your situation but I've seen drivers cut corners because Ma at home thinks this is a 9 to 5 job. DO NOT pressure the guy to get done early. DO NOT call the Center and wonder why he is late everyday. We had twins after our first and my wife worked full time. That being said, hope he gets back.

margaritaville

Damn dont know if having a kids is even worth it. Stay single, have tons of cash, never worry about letting anyone down and do what you want. And if you ever do get fired oh well nothing to support anyways, just get a :censored2:tier paying job. Kids just dont seem worth it when :censored2: like this hits the fan. Plus they are just annoying as :censored2: probably after working 10-11 hour days.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Damn dont know if having a kids is even worth it. Stay single, have tons of cash, never worry about letting anyone down and do what you want. And if you ever do get fired oh well nothing to support anyways, just get a :censored2:tier paying job. Kids just dont seem worth it when :censored2: like this hits the fan. Plus they are just annoying as :censored2: probably after working 10-11 hour days.
Now you tell me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Some people aren't mature enough to handle the stress of kids. That's cool as long as you know.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You can make his boss see he needs to move him along. The game does work 2 ways. It does entail effort

That's a great plan but what if the center manager's boss is just as bad. Then who do you go to....the DM? They are all buddies at my center so you would have to go pretty far up to make your point and have any hope of getting anything accomplished.

That's why the guys that usually push so hard are your 30+ year guys. They can walk whenever.

Agreed but how do you convince less senior drivers to stand up for themselves and not let the threats and intimidation tactics work on them?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Agreed but how do you convince less senior drivers to stand up for themselves and not let the threats and intimidation tactics work on them?

Make sure they know all
Of their union brothers have their backs.

You :censored2: with one of ours......... Ok well guess what every single overweight for the next month is gonna need union assistance.

Boulevard859710

Come on BUG. Missed the PCM or not, fired for a call tag is some bs and not getting job back at local level is some bs and you know it.
As I said earlier, how many missing/illegible labels were listed as the reason why so many packages weren't delivered because they were misloaded? That's dishonesty as much as anything. They only stopped doing that in my center only recently.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Make sure they know all
Of their union brothers have their backs.

You :censored2: with one of ours......... Ok well guess what every single overweight for the next month is gonna need union assistance.

Maybe in dreamland...out of 25 drivers in my center, maybe 5 are on the 9.5 list, a steward who doesn't know where he left his balls, and the constant threats from management, people have the don't give a damn attitude and those few of us willing to fight em have no backup. It makes you want to surrender...

rod

Retired 22 years

Then when you grow old and die your wife can leave that fortune you acquired working at UPS to her cat.

Last edited:

JL 0513

if everything stated is 100% the truth and a legit attempt was made and he was simply fired for GPS flagging. I would DEFINITELY be going after back pay for this one.

Which brings up the point of using electronic records which aren't 100% full proof to terminate someone on 1st offense. We supposedly can't be canned for telematics reports for the reason of possible inaccuracies so why can a GPS flagging get you canned on strike one? GPS tech isn't 100%.

I sometimes have the GPS alarm go off when a package is scanned at the correct address with absolute certainty of being at the correct address. And we're supposed to be held to what the tech reports say? BS!

PT Car Washer

Which brings up the point of using electronic records which aren't 100% full proof to terminate someone on 1st offense. We supposedly can't be canned for telematics reports for the reason of possible inaccuracies so why can a GPS flagging get you canned on strike one? GPS tech isn't 100%.

I sometimes have the GPS alarm go off when a package is scanned at the correct address with absolute certainty of being at the correct address. And we're supposed to be held to what the tech reports say? BS!
I have had the red light and alarm go off when standing in front of the receptionist scanning her delivery. Asked her, am I at your correct address? Yes this is us.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You cannot be fired from information gained from technology unless you are "defrauding" the company. A very vague term.

But defrauding goes beyond monetary. Falsifying records could be considered, using the legal term, defrauding the company.

He probably was confronted about it and admitted to doing it though.

Whether it is a call tag, package or NDA, UPS just paid $25 million and they want some payback for drivers continuing to do this.

Sheet the damn thing as missed and take the heat for that. It will not be a discharge.

O

OLDMAN3

Have him go to the hearing, if they settle it in the hallway with no back-pay, but employed, consider it a win. It is easier to screw over someone who does not bother to show up. If you don't show up you might not have gotten that deal. It is possible your husband will not even be part of the hallway conversation deciding his fate. As long as he gets his job back lavish your BA with praise.

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT CHANGE HIS STORY. I have seen a non-attempted call tag case end in termination because he changed his story. If he has not admitted to not attempting the call tags... and only admitted to attempting them and then sheeting them later... do not change the story. Be humble and apologetic but do not admit to dishonesty, only to not following the rules/methods. If he already admitted to not attempting the call tags but sheeting them as if he had...Same advice, don't change the story...and beg for mercy.

You are not helping his case by listing details about it here. Many have commented that we don't know the whole story... Keep it that way.

Support your husband and realize that 99% of us (including your dad) have done something during our careers that could have gotten us fired. Don't listen to the insensitive joke replies on the thread. I think it is a great, self-sacrificial life you two are living by raising kids on one income. Be there for him.

Last edited by a moderator: