I am Opting out of Union

browned out

The piece of garbage Taylor's forcing thru of rejected supplements is the last straw for me. Taylor Declares Half the Rejected Supplements are Ratified, Too I am in Michigan. We are opting out in MI due to the Teamsters representing UPS and not the members. What a friend N shame. I never in my life thought it would come to this. I will sign back up and pay initiation fees when the union does not retaliate against employees and when the union stops working for ups management.

Is Right-to-Work Right for Me?

If you have been forced to opt out by the Teamster Scabs Hoffa and Taylor and are in Right to Work States. Here is a link to information for opting out in the 27 Right to Work States. National Right to Work Foundation » Employees in Right to Work States

Last edited:

Time for change

They laughed at me, but it may be our last course of action, and you’ll be joined by thousands more. God Bless your decision, however I’d wait a few weeks to see this is actually a done deal.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The piece of garbage Taylor's forcing thru of rejected supplements is the last straw for me. Taylor Declares Half the Rejected Supplements are Ratified, Too I am in Michigan. We are opting out in MI due to the Teamsters representing UPS and not the members. What a friend N shame. I never in my life thought it would come to this. I will sign back up and pay initiation fees when the union does not retaliate against employees and when the union stops working for ups management.

Is Right-to-Work Right for Me?

If you have been forced to opt out by the Teamster Scabs Hoffa and Taylor and are in Right to Work States. Here is a link to information for opting out in the 27 Right to Work States. National Right to Work Foundation » Employees in Right to Work States

They laughed at me, but it may be our last course of action, and you’ll be joined by thousands more. God Bless your decision, however I’d wait a few weeks to see this is actually a done deal.
That is a knee jerk reaction. It's a very stupid resolve to your grievance with the union.

Become part of the solution and not create a bigger problem.

Form a slate and run in your local elections. It's time things change from the inside out. Not retreat.

Union starts with U and if U dont do anything about this nothing will change.

browned out

It is reprehensible that the Hoffa/Taylor/Hall Teamsters retaliate against members and represent UPS. I will send the equivalent of my dues $ to support a union that actually stands by, with, and up for their members. Anyone who no longer wishes to support a system where your vote does not matter and where the Teamsters will continue to retaliate against you if you run against them.....you can find a form like this Right-to-Work Opt-out Letter in 27 states.

Educate yourself; I have been a dues paying member for over 25 years, I have been a steward and/or a committee man at the PT and FT ranks. I have sat in state panel hearings and witnessed what the Teamsters on the panel do to members who run for office against them. 2 examples are linked below. This is a commonplace retaliation tactic if you are brazen enough to challenge the corrupt incumbents.

09-14896 - Moore v. United Parcel Service, Inc. et al

Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight

There are still some very solid locals and reps in the Teamsters but my local does not fall into that category and neither does the National.

Last edited:

oldupsman

It is reprehensible that the Hoffa/Taylor/Hall Teamsters retaliate against members and represent UPS. I will send the equivalent of my dues $ to support a union that actually stands by, with, and up for their members. Anyone who no longer wishes to support a system where your vote does not matter and where the Teamsters will continue to retaliate against you if you run against them.....you can find a form like this Right-to-Work Opt-out Letter in 27 states.

Educate yourself; I have been a dues paying member for over 25 years, I have been a steward and/or a committee man at the PT and FT ranks. I have sat in state panel hearings and witnessed what the Teamsters on the panel do to members who run for office against them. 2 examples are linked below. This is a commonplace retaliation tactic if you are brazen enough to challenge the corrupt incumbents.

Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight

There are still some very solid locals and reps in the Teamsters but my local does not fall into that category and neither does the National.

You won't be the only one. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there will be thousands like yourself leaving.
There would have been a time I would have told you that would be a foolish thing to do. I can't in good
faith tell you that anymore. They taken away from you the only thing you had, your vote.

browndevil

That is a knee jerk reaction. It's a very stupid resolve to your grievance with the union.

Become part of the solution and not create a bigger problem.

Form a slate and run in your local elections. It's time things change from the inside out. Not retreat.

Union starts with U and if U dont do anything about this nothing will change.
THIS!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
D34BF36D-6B64-4773-856F-54F90639CCF6.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is reprehensible that the Hoffa/Taylor/Hall Teamsters retaliate against members and represent UPS. This is a commonplace retaliation tactic if you are brazen enough to challenge the corrupt incumbents.

It's funny that you would reference these 2 cases.

Both of them lost their cases against the Union and the company.

Moore had be discharged multiple times before, and reinstated with no complaints.

Atkinson's situation, was the case of a 17 year steward.... who had no clue.

You want to leave the Union ?

Why the big send off ?

Here is a link to information for opting out in the 27 Right to Work States.

You remind me of someone that wants to commit suicide....

But doesn't have the guts to do it, and wants to take others with you.

-Bug-

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
BUG, Until you realize what everyone is thinking you are just clueless!

Our vote does not matter! The Teamsters do not listen to us and they never will! All they want is our money!

So we all sit here thinking the same god damned thing...."what exactly are we getting for our $1,000 a year and why should we keep paying it?"

iruhnman630

I'm a conservative Republican, I support the idea of r.t.w., I voted NO on the contract....

And I'm staying in the damn union!

In my judgement the union has earned my dues, the way it should be, even with this contract mess.

Not happy with Hoffa? Vote him out when we get the chance.