I am STCK of working 12 hour days!

wornoutupser

I am SICK of working 12 hour days!

The title says it all. I file and file and file but UPS refuses to back off on the dispatch. I just won my first triple time greivance- and that was over $200.00 for one week!
Nothing makes them back off. Between myself and the next run in my loop there could have been a full run added. I have kids and I would like to see them while they are awake!

Thanks for the space to vent!

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Worn out....what can I say, been there, done that for too many years.

I understand not getting home til after dark during the winter months, but during the main part of the summer? Nothing like 11-12 hours each and every day, and they wonder why our attitudes suck?

Donald and I had our routes side by side, and 75% of the year, there was enough extra OT on our routes to add an 8+ hour run.

Glad the contract at least addresses the issue to some extent.

Shame the union couldnt make the language a bit stronger!

d

M

managers suck

Re: I am SICK of working 12 hour days!

The title says it all. I file and file and file but UPS refuses to back off on the dispatch. I just won my first triple time greivance- and that was over $200.00 for one week!
Nothing makes them back off. Between myself and the next run in my loop there could have been a full run added. I have kids and I would like to see them while they are awake!

just think while your out there busting ass the management team are at home eating a nice warm meal giving there love to there wifes and kids there all :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s if one supervisor had to stay and wait for the last driver to get back to the building dispatch would change the next day on second thought all these extra hours it adds to an earlier retirement

DS

Fenderbender
Man are you serious? 12 hours every day?
Thats ridiculous.I do about 10 1/2 except at peak.
Are you taking lunch?Cant you talk to your center manager and
get your dispatch reduced? Are you running 2 hours over
every day?Cant you file a grievance fo too much OT?

Now that you have won the first grievance , file every time you work three days in a week over 9.5 it now becomes automatic( no meeting to go to).

Overpaid Union Thug

Re: I am SICK of working 12 hour days!

It sounds like you have an IE and/or dispatch supervisor problem. I'd put my money on IE but wouldn't be surprised if it was the dispatcher or center manager. Some of those guys love to cut routes and run their centers by the skin of their teeth so they look good for their bosses. Either way it's pathetic. I'm glad we don't have that problem in my center. Lately we've been on the opposite end of the spectrum. Some days I'll run missloads on the other side of town just to get OT.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am feeling your pain Wornout...........We don't have the 12 hour days so much but dispatch is constantly pushing and pulling to keep 9.5's in check. Yesterday they pushed a resi area on me that not even anywhere near where I was delivering. It makes no sense at all, what they are thinking. The driver on the route next to mine del nearly 400 pcs and p/u nearly 400 pcs at least 3 days a week.......(not joking), but they wouldn't give me an area off that rte. I was really light yesterday, instead they send me across the valley to an area that is a 30 min drive from where I ended. :dont_know: Well at least I had a 9.5 for my trouble, only need 1 more (hopefully today)!!!!!!!!!

ups79

I am feeling your pain Wornout...........We don't have the 12 hour days so much but dispatch is constantly pushing and pulling to keep 9.5's in check. Yesterday they pushed a resi area on me that not even anywhere near where I was delivering. It makes no sense at all, what they are thinking. The driver on the route next to mine del nearly 400 pcs and p/u nearly 400 pcs at least 3 days a week.......(not joking), but they wouldn't give me an area off that rte. I was really light yesterday, instead they send me across the valley to an area that is a 30 min drive from where I ended. :dont_know: Well at least I had a 9.5 for my trouble, only need 1 more (hopefully today)!!!!!!!!!

Why are you complaining about a 30 minute drive time? Atleast during that 1/2 hour you are not getting in and out of the truck.

disneyworld

With the price of gas and benefits, it more than likely costs the company less to pay grievances than it does for more vehicles and drivers on the road. But then again, it's been like this for a while.