I bet this guy had to change his pants

upschuck

If you bag and put package you have two problems, one you place by the fence and someone walking by could easily grab package and walk off with it, and two you throw the package far enough so number one won't happen and you become the next youtube star.

wayfair

swollen member
I won't leave a package over a fence with a dog in the yard, or not in the yard. If the dog is there they could shred the package. If there isn't a dog in the yard and I don't want to risk it because I'm unsure, I won't leave the package for someone else walking by to steal if they don't care about their own safety. Better to sheet it NI and come back tomorrow.

I determine whether its a safe DR... I'll take pics if necessary... BTW, when are they going to enable the camera on the new diad???

Marne Vet

Runners with their awful advice on this forum should be put in the que. Seriously, if you can't enter the yard because of a dog you are to sheet the package(s) as NI(1,2,etc), and leave a Delivery Notice as best as you can. Your safety is the first priority, and the OMS should make that clear if the customer calls to question the delivery attempt. You do NOT just throw a package in a DR bag and leave it over a fence. smh

Marne Vet

I determine whether its a safe DR... I'll take pics if necessary... BTW, when are they going to enable the camera on the new diad???

Not sure when they'll enable those cameras. Till then I use my phone to snap a picture of any notes left that I can't retrieve, or of the stop itself if there's a dog in the yard. Blowing the horn and screaming "UPS" at the top of my lungs rarely gets anyone to come to the door. Safety first, deliver second. I have no problem coming back tomorrow. I get paid the same either way.

wayfair

swollen member
sorry bud, I'm no runner... but I am very aware of my area and where and where not I can DR...
I've DR'd plenty of packages in a bag and on a post, or over the gate... some areas in our center are directed to DR at the row of mailboxes at the end of the street!! quit SYH and deliver... lol

Marne Vet

sorry bud, I'm no runner... but I am very aware of my area and where and where not I can DR...
I've DR'd plenty of packages in a bag and on a post, or over the gate... some areas in our center are directed to DR at the row of mailboxes at the end of the street!! quit SYH and deliver... lol

Who called you a runner? I was talking about UpState with his terrible advice. He's an admitted runner, and his advice to DR a package over a fence in a DR bag is wrong. Unless it's OUT OF SIGHT & OUT OF WEATHER it's a bad DR. If you bag a package and drop it over a fence in plain sight you're wrong.

Marne Vet

depends on your management team..

Wrong. It's a UPS method, not based on your Management team. That's like them telling you it's OK to not wear your seatbelt. It doesn't "depend on your management" team. Out of sight, and out of weather. *sigh* Unbelievable.

Marne Vet

You have obviously never had a country/rural "trip".

You obviously have no idea how to properly DR a stop. The area doesn't change how to properly DR a package. It doesn't change in an Urban setting, or a Rural one. You don't DR anything in plain sight. The methods don't change because your area does. smh

Marne Vet

When I had my country run if I made the effort to get all the way up to their house there was no damn way I was not leaving the package.

Out of sight, out of weather. Pretty simple. If you have to go all the way up to the door, and there's no place to leave it by the front door, then bag it, place it around back OUT OF SIGHT, and leave a notice so they know where you left it.

wayfair

swollen member
you missed the comment I made about drivers leaving packages at the row of mailboxes at the end of the road....... instructed to.... driver had concerns called in on him for not doing that when he took over the route

Marne Vet

you missed the comment I made about drivers leaving packages at the row of mailboxes at the end of the road....... instructed to.... driver had concerns called in on him for not doing that when he took over the route

I did. If a sup instructs you to do something like that, or anything that violates the methods, you do what the sup says, but you better also make a record of the incident either by taking a picture of the message, or the stop they instructed you to leave that was bad. When it comes time to give you a Warning letter for a complaint, or a missing package, they will suddenly get amnesia about what they told you to do.