I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

It will be fine

why do people like small business

banksy‏ @thereaIbanksy Dec 28

Love this.

DSLZYmzW4AASqZE.jpg
Hey Ricky do you think the new tax laws for pass throughs will help incentivize co-ops? If you're starting a new small business and the workers are all shareholders they get a 20% deduction of all their dividend income.

rickyb

Hey Ricky do you think the new tax laws for pass throughs will help incentivize co-ops? If you're starting a new small business and the workers are all shareholders they get a 20% deduction of all their dividend income.
i have no idea i havent heard enough about it aside from teh fact that its going to make the rich richer; and i dont listen to richard wolffs weekly updates and i havent read anything from yes magazine on it either.

rickyb

america will have to remember itself to bring back its former glory. how times have changed for the worse!:

Chomsky Quotes‏ @quotes_chomsky 1h1 hour ago

(The American working-class press of the early industrial revolution) also held that wage labour is basically no different from chattel slavery, except that it's temporary - that was such a popular idea that it was a position of the Republican Party, Abraham Lincoln espoused it.

vantexan

america will have to remember itself to bring back its former glory. how times have changed for the worse!:

Chomsky Quotes‏ @quotes_chomsky 1h1 hour ago

(The American working-class press of the early industrial revolution) also held that wage labour is basically no different from chattel slavery, except that it's temporary - that was such a popular idea that it was a position of the Republican Party, Abraham Lincoln espoused it.
I think you need to take it on the road to Mexico and elsewhere. America's poor have cars, cellphones, big screen tv's, and never seem to lack money for cigarettes and booze.

floridays

Don't know why, there are programs just about everywhere to feed them.
Could have something to do with the cellphones, cigarettes, booze and other luxuries that most seen to give priority to. "Food and heat, we can always find self-guilter to feel sorry for us and start a new program." Yeah that's right.

rickyb

governments lie alot. is it so hard to believe that they've lied to us about economic systems too? suprise suprise, when the workers get rid of the capitalists, they have more money for themselves:

The Emilia model
The Emilia Romagna region is home to a population of 3.9 million people (seven percent of the national population). Italy is divided into 103 provinces which make up 20 regions. The regional capital of Bologna is both a city and a province and has a population of 380,000.

By 2003 the dreams of cooperators had created an impressive reality. There are thousands of cooperatives of all types in Emilia Romagna.

• Cooperatives make up over 40% of the GDP of the ER region
  • In Bologna two out of three citizens are members of a cooperative
  • In Bologna over 85% of the city's social services are provided by social co-ops
  • Per capita income in ER has risen from 17th to second among Italy's 20 regions
  • Per capital income is 50% higher than the national average
  • Of the European regions, ER is number 11 of 122 regions in terms of GNP per inhabitant
  • Bologna has the highest disposable income of any of Italy's 103 provinces
  • Bologna has the highest per capita expenditure on the arts of any city in Italy
  • The unemployment rate of 4% is virtually full employment
  • 70% of Bologna's households have home ownership

Italy's Emilia Romagna | Co-op Grocer Network

rickyb

Is the Canadian government or the government of The United States prohibiting the establishment of co-ops?
well they are certainly making it difficult for workers to unionize which is a step in the cooperative direction.

after wwII i believe it was the CIA and UK intelligence that went into italy to bust up the substantial worker control.

so i cant give you any specifics, i would guess they are. they are certainly not friends of democracy.

floridays

well they are certainly making it difficult for workers to unionize which is a step in the cooperative direction.

after wwII i believe it was the CIA and UK intelligence that went into italy to bust up the substantial worker control.

so i cant give you any specifics, i would guess they are. they are certainly not friends of democracy.
I wasn't speaking of trying to take over current business, I was speaking of like minded persons pooling their wealth to start their own business and share the receipts equally. Whether a person puts in a million or ten dollars, a common goal, a common business, an equal share, regardless of input. That's how it works, right?

rickyb

I wasn't speaking of trying to take over current business, I was speaking of like minded persons pooling their wealth to start their own business and share the receipts equally. Whether a person puts in a million or ten dollars, a common goal, a common business, an equal share, regardless of input. That's how it works, right?
its supposed to be one worker one vote.

and i would guess governments stance to worker coops would be comparable to how it treats people who practice their first amendment or workers who want to unionize: its legal, but they will give you a hard time.

floridays

its supposed to be one worker one vote.

and i would guess governments stance to worker coops would be comparable to how it treats people who practice their first amendment or workers who want to unionize: its legal, but they will give you a hard time.
Ok, now respond to what I posted, you usually attempt to do that.

floridays

i did that was the first sentence.

i dont even think you know what you posted! it was alot different than what you initially asked LOL
No, you didn't my post dealt with pooling of funds, starting the business, and sharing the receipts equally, regardless of ones initial investment.

rickyb

No, you didn't my post dealt with pooling of funds, starting the business, and sharing the receipts equally, regardless of ones initial investment.
you'd have to look into it i forgot. some capitalist businesses i believe are incentivized to sell their business into a cooperative.

rickyb

btw i was referring to government not capitalist business but the government and big capitalists quite often share the same goals.

rickyb

They’re losing their ability to use legal tender. The corporate coercion is, to a degree, now getting rid of cash. Marx never believed that could happen. Why do they want to get rid of cash? They want to drive everybody into an incarcerated penitentiary that is surrounded by mobile payments, credit cards, credit scores, credit ratings, debit cards, constant debt, invasion of privacy, and the ability to assess penalties, charges and unwanted purchases because they control people’s money. That’s Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo got away with 3 million forced, unknown and unwanted credit card sales, auto insurance sales, repairing their ratings. Some people lost their cars and their homes. They’re flipped over into bankruptcy. Nobody has been prosecuted yet.”

The Visionless Society

“From 2005 to 2014, you had $3.9 trillion of stock buybacks, 50 percent of all corporate net profits,” he said. “Fifty percent of the top 500 corporations profited in that decade with stock buybacks. Not to better salaries or shoring up pension plans, not to dividends, not to research and development, not to productive capital and job creation. It’s to stock buybacks. The biggest story untold, or minimally told, in the American economy today. With all this money repatriating from overseas and more corporate offices, they’re planning more stock buybacks. It’s like burning money.”

“Walmart, instead of raising wages for its wage-starved masses, has about $65 billion stock buybacks in the last seven years,” Nader said. “If you take a million Walmart workers and you give them a thousand dollars more a year, that’s $1 billion. Multiply that by 60 to 70 times.”

The speculation, which is trashing the country’s economy, will continue, Nader said, until the financial system collapses and the U.S. defaults on its bonds.

rickyb

unions do such a mediocre job at my place. for example most of the guys go top speed, and then maybe do nothing when theres no work or maybe slack off. when you work hard, you are more likely to injure yourself. the union should be posting stuff spelling this out. they could post all kinds of stuff. 2 guys now drive slow like i do and 2 guys are in talks to start doing it. but so many guys are sleep walking. its a microcosm of the population.