I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Don’t rely on a bank to tell you what you can afford. That is your responsibility.
Sadly, when banks are too big to fail and they get bailed out by taxpayers, the government has to put limits in place. Of course the limit is a joke though, because the banks run the show. Giving out government backed loans with payments up to 57 percent of a person's income..... smh.

This country learned absolutely nothing from the housing crisis.

Sadly, when banks are too big to fail and they get bailed out by taxpayers, the government has to put limits in place. Of course the limit is a joke though, because the banks run the show. Giving out government backed loans with payments up to 57 percent of a person's income..... smh.

This country learned absolutely nothing from the housing crisis.
I agree...all bailout should be paid in full. 57% is pretty high.

i think its called ``prudent lending``

banks should know more than consumers; theyre in the business of loans!
A bank only cares about getting paid.

1. One could owe 400k With a payment = to 20% debt to income. A car payment and $5,000 on a credit card. No other assets.

2. Another could owe 400k with a payment = to 40% debt to income. No other debts. A few other assets. $300,000 in a 401k.

Number 1 is a much higher risk. I do think the bank should calculate dti ratio on take home only.

rickyb

A bank only cares about getting paid.

1. One could owe 400k With a payment = to 20% debt to income. A car payment and $5,000 on a credit card. No other assets.

2. Another could owe 400k with a payment = to 40% debt to income. No other debts. A few other assets. $300,000 in a 401k.

Number 1 is a much higher risk. I do think the bank should calculate dti ratio on take home only.
which is why they should care! im not suprised at all you said that.

rickyb

richard wolff is my fav economist although i only watch him 1x every 2 months now. i used to watch his show 1x a week for 2 years. he promotes worker coop revolution and has spoken with towering figures like cornel west, chris hedges, that sham charlie rose, bill moyers.

he describes the economy as an inter-generational unravelling. i agree because the economy began going downhill starting 1970s.

according to united way, in new jersey 38% of the population is below the poverty line or is struggling for shelter every month, california 48%, hawaii similar numbers. he says a majority of families are struggling every month. some place that tallies economics for over 3000 counties says only 7% experienced recovery, the rest no, and many swing states that voted for trump decayed and continue to decay under him obviously. 40,000 empty homes in new jersey because of foreclosures and meanwhile people are sleeping in cars.

he also says labour force participation rate has dropped since trump came to power. meanwhile unemployment has dropped.

rickyb

many western countries trajectory including US. america has a rough road ahead losing reserve dollar status, but at least it can print its money unlike many EU countries:

Thomas Jefferson: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

richard wolff is my fav economist although i only watch him 1x every 2 months now. i used to watch his show 1x a week for 2 years. he promotes worker coop revolution and has spoken with towering figures like cornel west, chris hedges, that sham charlie rose, bill moyers.

he describes the economy as an inter-generational unravelling. i agree because the economy began going downhill starting 1970s.

according to united way, in new jersey 38% of the population is below the poverty line or is struggling for shelter every month, california 48%, hawaii similar numbers. he says a majority of families are struggling every month. some place that tallies economics for over 3000 counties says only 7% experienced recovery, the rest no, and many swing states that voted for trump decayed and continue to decay under him obviously. 40,000 empty homes in new jersey because of foreclosures and meanwhile people are sleeping in cars.

he also says labour force participation rate has dropped since trump came to power. meanwhile unemployment has dropped.
How is his co op doing????
How is your co op doing????

rickyb

How is his co op doing????
How is your co op doing????
hey since you always say coops somehow have lower wages even though workers are profitting off themselves, why dont you post the source that says that.

hows american capitalism doing. only 6% of america is unionized, and it really needs to work on being unionized and coop.

Last edited:

rickyb

You said they didn’t pay enough. And apparently they didn’t let you name your own pay.
i said theres not enough, and the one i went to pays less than my current job.

and im assuming with your research and careful conclusions thats where you got the idea that coops pay less than capitalist enterprises across the board LOL

rickyb

from ralph nader radio hour. i recall richard wolff being very critical of how few small biz there are:

Scott Galloway is a Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern School of Business where he teaches Brand Strategy and Digital Marketing. In addition to founding several businesses himself, Professor Galloway has been named “One of the World’s 50 Best Business School Professors.” He is the author of The Four: The Hidden DNA of Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google.” His article on the topic in Esquire is entitled “Silicon Valley’s Tax Avoiding, Job-Killing, Soul Sucking Machine.”

“If you read the Wall Street Journal or look at CNBC, you’d think we’re living in a great era of innovation. We’re not. We’re living in an era of non-innovation. There were twice as many new businesses being formed every day when Jimmy Carter was President forty years ago than are being formed today. Because these companies (Google, Amazon, Facebook Apple) are so powerful, they can perform infanticide on small threats; and they’re prematurely euthanizing big companies, which are traditionally bigger employers.”Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing: NYU Stern School of Business

rickyb

The Paris-based body said pay increases are “missing in action,” even with rising employment, and any gains haven’t been equally distributed. In its Employment Outlook, the OECD said real labor incomes of the top 1 percent of earners have risen much faster than those of median full-time workers.

upload_2018-7-8_11-40-21.png

rickyb

25% of all american workers earn less than $10 per hour. capitalism makes a few people very free because everyone else isnt. capitalism makes a few people rich because everyone else is poor. EPI says 40% of americans earn less than $16 / hr. 22% of college graduates earn $16 / hr.

we need more worker control like some EU countries

Last edited:

rickyb

this lady lived in mold and didnt know how dangerous it is, and is now poisoned and constantly sick. the government doesnt recognize her illness for disability. so basically being poor and uninformed made her permanently ill.