I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

this lady lived in mold and didnt know how dangerous it is, and is now poisoned and constantly sick. the government doesnt recognize her illness for disability. so basically being poor and uninformed made her permanently ill.

Bob Wells! Have him bookmarked.

rickyb

Yes, he has tons of video on YouTube about mobile living, vandwelling.
im thinking about doing city camping because i loved camping in my hatchback (although its probably too small camping all the time in) and rents / mortgages are too high, workers havent got a real raise in canada since 1989. its not necessary all i expect of myself is to finish school, but i think id enjoy it.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
im thinking about doing city camping because i loved camping in my hatchback (although its probably too small camping all the time in) and rents / mortgages are too high, workers havent got a real raise in canada since 1989. its not necessary all i expect of myself is to finish school, but i think id enjoy it.
City camping? Do you mean being homeless?

El Correcto

god is dead
Did your bourgeoisie parents start making you clean your room?

rickyb

You’re not doing that weird thing where we’ll to do kids try to make up for the guilt of not being disenfranchised and not fill like a hypocrite benefitting from the capitalist system are you?
BAXTER, YOU KNOW I DONT SPEAK SPANISH. IN ENGLISH PLEASE!

ironically one of these city camper van guys slogans for his video is "keep on rockin in the free world". but i say your in a camper van because your not free. just like we have flat wage growth for 30 or 50 years (in americas case) and inflated rents / mortgages because were not free.

is that donald trump in your photo? dont put your faith in political leaders or religious figures. bernie sanders said it a few times that grassroots movements (civil rights, worker rights, anti war, etc) are the action which change the course of history for the better. politicians react to movements. you gotta make politicians afraid.

El Correcto

god is dead
BAXTER, YOU KNOW I DONT SPEAK SPANISH. IN ENGLISH PLEASE!

ironically one of these city camper van guys slogans for his video is "keep on rockin in the free world". but i say your in a camper van because your not free. just like we have flat wage growth for 30 or 50 years (in americas case) and inflated rents / mortgages because were not free.

is that donald trump in your photo? dont put your faith in political leaders or religious figures. bernie sanders said it a few times that grassroots movements (civil rights, worker rights, anti war, etc) are the action which change the course of history for the better. politicians react to movements. you gotta make politicians afraid.

I’ll take that as a yes. Don’t be a dum dum clean your room and stay with your parents. Have a happy life and be educated.

rickyb

without blaming capitalism this guy does a good job of critiquing capitalist outcomes like the 9 to 5, over priced rents, over priced mortgages, too much work, people getting rich off of other people, lack of safety nets, low wages.

vantexan

without blaming capitalism this guy does a good job of critiquing capitalist outcomes like the 9 to 5, over priced rents, over priced mortgages, too much work, people getting rich off of other people, lack of safety nets, low wages.

What Bob does is show people you can live on your Social Security, your pension, your poorly paid job, better in a vehicle than trying to maintain a rental. Doesn't have to be a full fledged RV. Many of the people in his videos have converted regular vans, cargo trailers, SUV's, etc for living out of. Some have very elaborate setups, others are barebones. One of my favorites is living out of a Prius. The Prius uses it's big battery to run the air conditioner. When the battery runs down enough the gas engine kicks on to recharge it. I would use the bigger Prius V for this. Remove the rear seat and and build a platform. Put a foam mattress on it. Have AC to sleep comfortably. Of course buying a Prius, even used, is expensive. Which is why I would buy an old Toyota Previa. Use a Crua Cocoon for comfortable sleep and camp in the Rockies in the summer when the nights are still cool to cold. Camp for free on Federal land.

But an even better solution is to live overseas on Social Security. Can have an apartment, eat well, stay in touch, including American tv, over the internet. No need to live in vehicles. Most people living in vehicles though while making the move to do something out of the mainstream are still too fearful of living overseas. They are conditioned to believe there are terrorists roaming everywhere looking for Americans to kill. But living overseas is still catching on with millions of Americans. For millions of Americans, many millions, having been downsized, not getting decent pay, etc means a miserable existence in retirement. Or they can do something about it. They can live as well on Social Security in many countries as their counterparts who had good jobs and a good retirement are living in the States. Just a matter of finding out the risk was really no risk at all.

rickyb

What Bob does is show people you can live on your Social Security, your pension, your poorly paid job, better in a vehicle than trying to maintain a rental. Doesn't have to be a full fledged RV. Many of the people in his videos have converted regular vans, cargo trailers, SUV's, etc for living out of. Some have very elaborate setups, others are barebones. One of my favorites is living out of a Prius. The Prius uses it's big battery to run the air conditioner. When the battery runs down enough the gas engine kicks on to recharge it. I would use the bigger Prius V for this. Remove the rear seat and and build a platform. Put a foam mattress on it. Have AC to sleep comfortably. Of course buying a Prius, even used, is expensive. Which is why I would buy an old Toyota Previa. Use a Crua Cocoon for comfortable sleep and camp in the Rockies in the summer when the nights are still cool to cold. Camp for free on Federal land.

But an even better solution is to live overseas on Social Security. Can have an apartment, eat well, stay in touch, including American tv, over the internet. No need to live in vehicles. Most people living in vehicles though while making the move to do something out of the mainstream are still too fearful of living overseas. They are conditioned to believe there are terrorists roaming everywhere looking for Americans to kill. But living overseas is still catching on with millions of Americans. For millions of Americans, many millions, having been downsized, not getting decent pay, etc means a miserable existence in retirement. Or they can do something about it. They can live as well on Social Security in many countries as their counterparts who had good jobs and a good retirement are living in the States. Just a matter of finding out the risk was really no risk at all.
i havent been in a 3rd world country since 2005, so i share their reluctance.

yea i just did it last night...i only got 4 hours sleep because it was my first night.

im watching his how to live rent free series. i look forward to watching the sleeping in cars videos, and security stuff.

vantexan

i havent been in a 3rd world country since 2005, so i share their reluctance.

yea i just did it last night...i only got 4 hours sleep because it was my first night.

im watching his how to live rent free series. i look forward to watching the sleeping in cars videos, and security stuff.
You need to realize that nothing stays static. People in Eastern Europe for example want better lives and are working towards that. You should see Batumi, Georgia. Fantastic small city, great weather, can live there comfortably on $1000 USD a month. Plenty of other examples.

rickyb

You need to realize that nothing stays static. People in Eastern Europe for example want better lives and are working towards that. You should see Batumi, Georgia. Fantastic small city, great weather, can live there comfortably on $1000 USD a month. Plenty of other examples.
somethings change, some things stay the same.

i think most people work towards better lives, but the circumstances around them is whats declining.

canada had a massive housing bubble and yet mediocre wage growth:

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Jul 9

This graph shows (1) last 10 years of low and declining real wage growth in leading capitalist countries and (2) very bad position for workers in US capitalism. This is why right-wing demagogues can build audiences in capitalist countries.

DhbXuV4X0AE7NI2.jpg

rickyb

this whole system is built on superficial lies to cover up the ugly truth.

one example of this is economic decay has been sortve covered up by private and public debt.

Last edited:

vantexan

somethings change, some things stay the same.

i think most people work towards better lives, but the circumstances around them is whats declining.

canada had a massive housing bubble and yet mediocre wage growth:

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Jul 9

This graph shows (1) last 10 years of low and declining real wage growth in leading capitalist countries and (2) very bad position for workers in US capitalism. This is why right-wing demagogues can build audiences in capitalist countries.

DhbXuV4X0AE7NI2.jpg
I'm telling you that if you have an income like a state pension you can go live a pretty good life on it in a number of countries. The utopia you're envisioning isn't going to happen. Make the most of what's available to you and be thankful it's available.

rickyb

I'm telling you that if you have an income like a state pension you can go live a pretty good life on it in a number of countries. The utopia you're envisioning isn't going to happen. Make the most of what's available to you and be thankful it's available.
i see what your saying.

revolutions can happen in a few years to a few decades.

i disagree that people should just be thankful. if your always thankful then you might be setting the bar to low for yourself, and making someone too rich.