I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
but i do work full time since 2015 when i quit UPS

alot of ppl work full time that have no retirement savings. and of course im against working 40 hours a week.
Work more. You have to work for what you want. Plenty of people have lived very frugally and worked hard to have a decent retirement.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
66% of millennials in US have no savings for retirement. the economist blames school debt / govt under funding, low wages, bad economy.

i dont have any savings for retirement either. i just have savings.

I know people like you.
I have no sympathy for people like you.

I saw the garbage that goes down for most people.
Dropped school. No debt.
Live tight. Saving money.
The economy isn't bad at all.

New coworker has an Iphone X.
Cost him 1000. (Payment plan, of course. But that isn't his fault. Of course.)
Getting the new one. This one is 1200.

He makes less than eleven an hour.
He has no savings.

He doesn't deserve to have money. He has made his choices. He lives outside of his means. You don't "deserve" an iPhone. You lie in the bed you make.

rickyb

Work more. You have to work for what you want. Plenty of people have lived very frugally and worked hard to have a decent retirement.
lots of people who work more than 40 hours a week just to get by and have nothing for retirement. im definitely not gonna do that, im going to move into a camper and finish school. then i will have alot of money on hand not going to mortgages or rents. the hospital will give me a pension....if they dont get rid of it like every where else.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
but i do work full time since 2015 when i quit UPS

alot of ppl work full time that have no retirement savings. and of course im against working 40 hours a week.

I'm against a 40 hour work week too.
It's approaching peak, and we're understaffed.

I'm taking as close to 60 as they'll let me have. (And I'm PT.)

rickyb

I know people like you.

Dropped school. No debt.

He has no savings.

He doesn't deserve to have money. He has made his choices. He lives outside of his means. You don't "deserve" an iPhone. You lie in the bed you make.
yea if you live in the middle of nowhere maybe you can afford an iphone on minimum wage. guessing not.

but in 2 of the big cities here, the rent is $2000 / mth for 1 br.

the economy is mostly service sector low paying, extremely fragile, loaded with debt which could burst at any time. it used to be good paying manufacturing with low debts.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
yea if you live in the middle of nowhere maybe you can afford an iphone on minimum wage. guessing not.

but in 2 of the big cities here, the rent is $2000 / mth for 1 br.

the economy is mostly service sector low paying, extremely fragile, loaded with debt which could burst at any time.

Living in a big city isn't a right either.
Stop crying, and either come up with the money, or move.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
lots of people who work more than 40 hours a week just to get by and have nothing for retirement. im definitely not gonna do that, im going to move into a camper and finish school. then i will have alot of money on hand not going to mortgages or rents. the hospital will give me a pension....if they dont get rid of it like every where else.
Whatever gets you to that point. Just don’t blame “the system” on why a lot of people don’t have a retirement. They don’t have it because of poor choices. No one NEEDS to buy Starbucks every day, or have the latest Louis Vuitton purse, or the fanciest vehicle or the newest iPhone. Those are choices. Poor ones.

rickyb

Whatever gets you to that point. Just don’t blame “the system” on why a lot of people don’t have a retirement. They don’t have it because of poor choices. No one NEEDS to buy Starbucks every day, or have the latest Louis Vuitton purse, or the fanciest vehicle or the newest iPhone. Those are choices. Poor ones.
yea but it really doesnt just come down to poor choices, its also the system.

im sure alot of poor people are frugal and struggle to get by.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Nope.

Go move to a cheaper area, if the "system" makes it too hard where you are.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are rights.
Living in a certain zip code isn't.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I know people like you.

Dropped school. No debt.

He has no savings.

I don't see one bad idea in any of this bad idea guy.

rickyb

Nope.

Go move to a cheaper area, if the "system" makes it too hard where you are.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are rights.
Living in a certain zip code isn't.
where im from ppl expect the govt to do something about it, and indeed the govt campaigns saying they will.

but until theres a financial crisis, or people rise up, i have a feeling little will happen.

rickyb

I’m not saying those people don’t exist. I’m talking about the rest of them.
to b fair, everyone sees things differently. doesnt mean there cant be truth. im not sure about what % is frugal or not, but im guessing when your earning less than $15, you wont be able to do much spending. some people have problems with credit cards.

rickyb

I’ve been a single mom struggling week to week for years. If I need more money, I work more, yet still manage to put something in my 401k.
yea but you work for UPS right. most ppl dont earn $30+/hr. the median wage of high school educated grads is like $30k/yr, and for college its $40k/yr roughly.