I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
yea but you work for UPS right. most ppl dont earn $30+/hr. the median wage of high school educated grads is like $30k/yr, and for college its $40k/yr roughly.

I would just like to say, that if you spent half the time you do on here, actually working, you'd be doing great, money wise.

rickyb

I would just like to say, that if you spent half the time you do on here, actually working, you'd be doing great, money wise.
im guaranteed 40 hours a week at my job. when they ask for OT, i refuse. i ask every day to work 6 hours. and either way i wouldnt be "great" for money due to mortgages and rents. UPS ppl in my city dont qualify as middle class in my book because they are definitely maxing out their mortgages with incomes they make. or maybe they are barely middle class with the OT

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yea but you work for UPS right. most ppl dont earn $30+/hr. the median wage of high school educated grads is like $30k/yr, and for college its $40k/yr roughly.
No I don’t work for UPS. I’ve been a courier at FedEx for probably longer than you’ve been alive. And I sure don’t make $30 an hour.

Your problem is you make way too many excuses why you CAN’T do everything rather than take personal responsibility. I realize I could have a lot more money in my 401k if I hadn’t moved around so much, but rather than blame anyone or “the system”, I blame myself...well, and my ex. Lol. And because I don’t have as much as I should, rather than depend on the government or anyone else, I WILL make adjustments and get creative so I’m not eating cat food in my retirement. But I sure won’t blame my government which has no responsibility for taking care of me beyond SS and Medicare.

rickyb

No I don’t work for UPS. I’ve been a courier at FedEx for probably longer than you’ve been alive. And I sure don’t make $30 an hour.

Your problem is you make way too many excuses why you CAN’T do everything rather than take personal responsibility. I realize I could have a lot more money in my 401k if I hadn’t moved around so much, but rather than blame anyone or “the system”, I blame myself...well, and my ex. Lol. And because I don’t have as much as I should, rather than depend on the government or anyone else, I WILL make adjustments and get creative so I’m not eating cat food in my retirement. But I sure won’t blame my government which has no responsibility for taking care of me beyond SS and Medicare.
mmm

fedex isnt unionized right?

the way i see things is people put too much emphasis on personal responsibility and not enough on government or the system. the truth is its a mix of all. i mostly blame capitalism here because it recieves much less blame than it should, and i have a minority opinion on it. im all in favor of people not buying over priced tech, and living within their means. the min wage is too low. theres too much inequality. just blaming yourself is actually a way of distracting people from what they should be blaming if we were gona be honest about it.

SS is too low as well.

ive done alot of BS jobs where workers are miserable but maybe well paid. jobs where if the workers had any say, things wouldnt be run the way they are.

my bro abandoned his supposed baby. he is a psychopath. when i see him again im gonna tell him he should make contact and be a good dad. so i feel for you. ppl are rotten but alot of that is a reflection of the system.

now if you'll excuse me...i have to listen to license to ill and go for a run.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
mmm

fedex isnt unionized right?

the way i see things is people put too much emphasis on personal responsibility and not enough on government or the system. the truth is its a mix of all. i mostly blame capitalism here because it recieves much less blame than it should, and i have a minority opinion on it. im all in favor of people not buying over priced tech, and living within their means. the min wage is too low. theres too much inequality.

SS is too low as well.

ive done alot of BS jobs where workers are miserable but maybe well paid. jobs where if the workers had any say, things wouldnt be run the way they are.
You can never put enough emphasis on personal responsibility. Noone owes you anything unless you’re a child and then you’re only owed food, shelter, clothing and love. Everything else is extra.

No, we’re not unionized and probably never will be thanks to Fred S and crooked politics.

rickyb

You can never put enough emphasis on personal responsibility. Noone owes you anything unless you’re a child and then you’re only owed food, shelter, clothing and love. Everything else is extra.

No, we’re not unionized and probably never will be thanks to Fred S and crooked politics.
i like the Fedex part.

i think we are owed justice, decency, democracy

rickyb

“Empathy is not simply a matter of trying to imagine what others are going through, but having the will to muster enough courage to do something about it. In a way, empathy is predicated upon hope.”
― Cornel West

“Market moralities and mentalities-- fueled by economic imperatives to make a profit at nearly any cost-- yield unprecedented levels of loneliness, isolation, and sadness. And our public life lies in shambles, shot through with icy cynicism and paralyzing pessimism. To put it bluntly, beneath the record-breaking stock markets on Wall Street and bipartisan budget-balancing deals in the White House lurk ominous clouds of despair across this nation.”
― Cornel West, Restoring Hope: Conversations on the Future of Black America

Last edited:

rickyb

in this state news network, we find corporations tampering with best before dates to sell moldy food, marinating meats to cover the smell, and mixing old meats with new to cover the bad color.

when workers asked why did you do that, they responded because they were told to by supervisors and because of their precarious employment situation.

Last edited:

rickyb

this guy says the system is rigged, rich people donating their money is PR to maintain the status quo.

Philanthropy is commendable but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary. - MLK

Beware philanthropists who say they want to change the world, says NBC and MSNBC contributor and 'Winners Take All' author Anand Giridharadas. https://cnb.cx/2PfYgRf

floridays

im guaranteed 40 hours a week at my job. when they ask for OT, i refuse. i ask every day to work 6 hours. and either way i wouldnt be "great" for money due to mortgages and rents. UPS ppl in my city dont qualify as middle class in my book because they are definitely maxing out their mortgages with incomes they make. or maybe they are barely middle class with the OT
Damn UPS for forcing their employees to take mortgages they couldn't afford.