I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

im looking up reviews of the 2 big railways here, and i constantly see words like "harassment and bullying" by managers even though they are unionized.

there is something fundamentally wrong with capitalism beyond what unions can correct.

rickyb

im looking at job postings on the web. alot of computer jobs. some :censored2: jobs. nothing thats going to make up for inflated housing prices or even justify it.

rickyb

talking to a coworker last night who moved here from pakistan i believe. i think he maybe had a higher standard of living there than he does here. life expectancy is much higher here. he described his situation here as just surviving. he has 3 kids and cheated on his wife.

i feel like housing prices / rents relative to incomes is one of the most over looked aspects of the destruction of the middle class

rickyb

Doesn’t mean your vote will win.
yea im not super familiar on the problems with democracy, but all the guys i listen to are in favor of democracy as a solution to concentrated power.

one of the provinces might change its voting system to proporational representation instead of first past the post where you get all the power and a minority of votes.

rickyb

so i had this moment where these voices were yapping at me inside my head....i believe its called "thinking".

what i thought was that when a corrupt president finishes his time in office, depending on which media network you watch they will give him glowing reviews talking about his legacy.

when someone dies, we tend to remember only the good.

and when i talk with immature :censored2:s on BC, they have their head in the sand when it comes to capitalism and tend to repeat government rhetoric like the sheep in animal farm "FOUR LEGS GOOD, 2 LEGS BAAAAAAAD".

which brings me to my conclusion that our society trains people to not be able to honestly deal with the fact that the things or people in life that we associate ourselves with may be rotten and that we may have made a bad choice.

rickyb

so on a work day ill use my car 1 hour a day which is 4% of the time. its sitting unused 96% of the time. most consumer private property sits unused more than 95% of the time.

but regarding cars, it gets even worse. i am only using less than 25% of the space in my car. so alot of the pollution is just based on moving around metal which is unused. if i am using 25% of the space in my car, then i likely have more engine power than i really need.

capitalism is a terribly inefficient system and its tied to the environmental crisis.

dont be fooled.

vantexan

so on a work day ill use my car 1 hour a day which is 4% of the time. its sitting unused 96% of the time. most consumer private property sits unused more than 95% of the time.

but regarding cars, it gets even worse. i am only using less than 25% of the space in my car. so alot of the pollution is just based on moving around metal which is unused. if i am using 25% of the space in my car, then i likely have more engine power than i really need.

capitalism is a terribly inefficient system and its tied to the environmental crisis.

dont be fooled.
Then show the way by moving out of your mom's basement and into your car. You'll help save the planet, and your mother will thank you for it.

rickyb

also supports chris hedges and cornel wests assertion that 50% of the population is either in or near poverty.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez‏Verified account @Ocasio2018 Nov 9

40% of ALL Americans currently struggle to pay for one basic need like food or rent.

As much as @FoxNews likes to mock the working-class, the real scandal is that at the wealthiest point in our history, we are at one of our most unequal.

Most Americans are barely scraping by.

1,919 replies 14,479 retweets 61,020 likes