I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

sure. in italy, the marcora law states that if you get i think 8 unemployed people, the govt will give them their unemployment in lump sum to start a worker coop together. italy has the most worker coops of any country, and the UK and US went in post wwII to bust them up.

i think democracy at work is realy important regardless of whether the govt owns the job or the workers do.
How much does this cost?

oldngray

nowhere special
car bed.png

Canadian dreams?

you mean the marcora law, dont know look it up.
So this is another thing you want to promote, but know nothing about.

You cannot incourage these dirty economies/programs and save the environment.

The question is, how much does any program you are touting cost?

rickyb

Banned
So this is another thing you want to promote, but know nothing about.

You cannot incourage these dirty economies/programs and save the environment.

The question is, how much does any program you are touting cost?
you get something like 8 unemployed italians together who want to start a coop and they get their EI in lump sum.

the difference between me and you is ive at least heard of these ideas before, whereas youve been shielded from them.

how much does capitalism cost us? if we exclude global warming you may be a beneficiary, but most people arent.

rickyb

Banned
to be fair, i dont really understand what he means by "19". we have stat days which at my current job if you work youre paid 2.5x the rate or get paid 1.5x the rate and bank a day off, and we get 2 weeks vacation by law (which is low relative to nz / australia and EU) going up depending on our collective agreement.

we have 10 stat holidays.

Rob‏ @philosophrob 16m16 minutes ago

Paid vacation days guaranteed by law: New Zealand: 30 Australia: 28 Norway: 27 Denmark: 25 Finland: 25 Switzerland: 25 Sweden: 20 Netherlands: 20 Canada: 19

United States: 0

Why is the United States the only major country in the world not to guarantee any paid vacation?

9 replies 28 retweets 59 likes

you get something like 8 unemployed italians together who want to start a coop and they get their EI in lump sum.

the difference between me and you is ive at least heard of these ideas before, whereas youve been shielded from them.

how much does capitalism cost us? if we exclude global warming you may be a beneficiary, but most people arent.
These “ideas” are not new. Your generation is probably the only one that don’t know about them. I ask you these questions so that you will look them up. So you can see how things work. All you do is repeat what a few capitalists tell you.

There is no perfect system, you need to acknowledge the negatives along with the positives

rickyb

Banned
These “ideas” are not new. Your generation is probably the only one that don’t know about them. I ask you these questions so that you will look them up. So you can see how things work. All you do is repeat what a few capitalists tell you.

There is no perfect system, you need to acknowledge the negatives along with the positives
so before i came on the forum, where have you questioned these ideas?

america is so immature with economics that its been taboo to question capitalism since the red scare. you only ever hear govt is not the answer and privatize everything. until just recently because we are getting the blow back from leaving the economy in a small number of privatized hands.

america is so immature with economics that its been taboo to question capitalism since the red scare. you only ever hear govt is not the answer and privatize everything. until just recently because we are getting the blow back from leaving the economy in a small number of privatized hands.
Many times. Between Obama coming into office and the Greek crisis. Seems like those questions were talked about daily.

What might work for a country of 5 million people, might not work for a country with 325 million people. It won’t work without specific details and planning. Most people don’t want to pay the ultra high taxes of the 1960’s and before.

rickyb

Banned
Many times. Between Obama coming into office and the Greek crisis. Seems like those questions were talked about daily.

What might work for a country of 5 million people, might not work for a country with 325 million people. It won’t work without specific details and planning. Most people don’t want to pay the ultra high taxes of the 1960’s and before.
you talked about worker coops and why they dont work?

you discussed why we should not have more centralized privatized economic power?

most americans want higher taxes on the rich.

you talked about worker coops and why they dont work?

you discussed why we should not have more centralized privatized economic power?

most americans want higher taxes on the rich.
Start your worker co-op. Good luck to you. It’s not for me, I don’t have the energy for the infighting. The economies you like are unproportionally funded by the poor and middle class. They also are not environmentally friendly.

vantexan

America immature on economics? Do you think these ideas have only been around a few years? We've been dealing with them since the time of Karl Marx. Never heard of the Wobblies? Never heard of Hollywood blacklists? The Red Scare? The Cold War? The modern Democrat Party? No, it's you who's uninformed. You stumble across this stuff and act like you're the first to ever think of such things.

vantexan

You're not bright enough to realize that republicans and democrats are the same load of crap that you shovel in your obese impoverished mouth on a daily basis.

Carry on.
Obese and impoverished? I do intermittent fasting. On a 48 hour fast now. And I walk 2 hours a day. And we're anything but impoverished. As for politics if you can't discern the difference between the two parties then I understand now why you never do anything but take shots at people. Carry on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Obese and impoverished? I do intermittent fasting. On a 48 hour fast now. And I walk 2 hours a day. And we're anything but impoverished. As for politics if you can't discern the difference between the two parties then I understand now why you never do anything but take shots at people. Carry on.
You over share on this site.
Everyone knows you are obese and broke, because you told us.

You moved to a third world country and abandoned your family because you didn't want to work to support them. Somehow you even failed at that, and moved back here to take a temporary job with UPS. And then you failed at that too....

As for politics, if you cant see there's no difference between republicans and democrats, I understand why you're so angry and small minded all the time.

Carry on.