I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

capitalism is terribly inefficient because paying people by the hour often is only enough incentive for the workers to do the bare minimum work to keep their job.

at my work there is multiple memos about cell phone usage. one of them is even highlighted LOL. but people still use their phones like crazy.

the supervisors are regularily on their phone using facebook or games or whatever. i asked one last night how much work do you do per shift. he says in winter hes pretending to work 50% of the time. but in summer he is over worked. i didnt ask if there should be more supervisors in summer.

a democratic economic system like worker coops would have workers voting to hire more supervisors in summer and less in winter.

sometimes at my job ill talk to coworkers for 30 minutes at a time. its alot of fun getting paid to talk.

capitalism is terribly inefficient because paying people by the hour often is only enough incentive for the workers to do the bare minimum work to keep their job.

at my work there is multiple memos about cell phone usage. one of them is even highlighted LOL. but people still use their phones like crazy.

the supervisors are regularily on their phone using facebook or games or whatever. i asked one last night how much work do you do per shift. he says in winter hes pretending to work 50% of the time. but in summer he is over worked. i didnt ask if there should be more supervisors in summer.

a democratic economic system like worker coops would have workers voting to hire more supervisors in summer and less in winter.

sometimes at my job ill talk to coworkers for 30 minutes at a time. its alot of fun getting paid to talk.
So what’s your complaint? You’re happy, capitalism is happy.

Start your co-op already. Good luck with it succeeding without capitalism.

It will be fine

Coops still have lazy people that work at them. Some people aren’t incentivized to work regardless of compensation, you sound like one of those types of people.

rickyb

So what’s your complaint? You’re happy, capitalism is happy.

Start your co-op already. Good luck with it succeeding without capitalism.
hey for a guy who claims to be so well educated on why worker coops dont work and why we need to keep the level of centralized economic power we already have, why dont you post some articles saying so?

hey for a guy who claims to be so well educated on why worker coops dont work and why we need to keep the level of centralized economic power we already have, why dont you post some articles saying so?
I nerer said they didn’t work. There are many in existence, they are not new. I said they typically pay lower wages. And they typically have a lot of inward conflict. Politics and drama which is very inefficient. Therefore not a good fit for me. I am only speaking from my own experience being on 2 board of directors.

Start your damn co-op already and stop crying. Why haven’t any of your rich capitalists started a co-op? Or haven’t they done anything they preach?

rickyb

Is you company going out of business?
record profits. but i dont know if we are getting record wages, the unions have failed to keep track of that and the newsletters are pathetic. unions should be partly responsible to teach workers economics. guarantee you a majority of workers dont know the history of real wages.

and secondly its not "my company"

rickyb

I nerer said they didn’t work. There are many in existence, they are not new. I said they typically pay lower wages. And they typically have a lot of inward conflict. Politics and drama which is very inefficient. Therefore not a good fit for me. I am only speaking from my own experience being on 2 board of directors.

Start your damn co-op already and stop crying. Why haven’t any of your rich capitalists started a co-op? Or haven’t they done anything they preach?
they have. and actually ralph nader i believe is responsible for most of the consumer protections you enjoy.

post some articles on worker coops paying lower wages and problems.

they have. and actually ralph nader i believe is responsible for most of the consumer protections you enjoy.

post some articles on worker coops paying lower wages and problems.
Why do you not work for a co-op? Which co-ops were started by which of your capitalists? Again, it is my own preference not to work at a co-op and experience of being on 2 voluntary board of directors.

record profits. but i dont know if we are getting record wages, the unions have failed to keep track of that and the newsletters are pathetic. unions should be partly responsible to teach workers economics. guarantee you a majority of workers dont know the history of real wages.

and secondly its not "my company"
But you are worried about it going out of business?

rickyb

Why do you not work for a co-op? Which co-ops were started by which of your capitalists? Again, it is my own preference not to work at a co-op and experience of being on 2 voluntary board of directors.
democracy at work you can look it up.

rickyb

when people eat junk food like meats or whatever, im not aware of there being costs paid to cover the future healthcare costs of either the consumers or the corporations selling the crap.

its comparable to the oil industry where neither consumers nor corporations pay the true cost at the pump.

rickyb

america labor movement very weak:

Ralph Nader‏Verified account @RalphNader 4h4 hours ago

Ralph Nader Retweeted Ralph Nader

Get out in front of the White House while he's lying to the nation tonight and peacefully demonstrate. There's no time to lose! -R @NTEUnews @AFGENational @AFLCIO

Ralph Nader added,

Ralph NaderVerified account @RalphNader
Where are the large federal government employee unions on the Trump Shutdown? Protesting statements are not enough. They and their families should be mass demonstrating and educating about the public harm in front of the White House. Or are they intimidated by the bully Trump? -R
7 replies 23 retweets 79 likes

rickyb

tucker carlson now warning about market fundamentalists:

“Does anyone still believe that cheaper iPhones or more Amazon deliveries of plastic garbage from China are gonna make us happy? They haven’t so far,” said Carlson on his 8 p.m. show last week. “A lot of Americans are drowning in stuff, and yet drug addiction and suicide are depopulating parts of the country. Anyone who thinks the health of a country can be summed up in GDP is an idiot.”

In it, Carlson described market capitalism as “a tool” meant to serve and not to be served.

“We do not exist to serve markets,” he said. “Just the opposite. Any economic system that weakens and destroys families is not worth having. A system like that is the enemy of a healthy society.”

Ben Shapiro Dings Tucker Carlson For Monologue on Populism: He Sounds More Like Bernie Sanders Than Milton Friedman

rickyb

great website; google's parent company has 91% market control:

Industries Archive - America's Concentration Crisis

Monopolies penetrate almost every sector of the U.S. economy, airlines to pharmaceuticals, candy to coffins, often leading to unfair prices, lower wages, or both. Facebook and Google have so much power in the advertising market—they control 66 percent of online ad revenue—that they are undermining newspapers. Two companies make 64 percent of American diapers, one company builds 52 percent of America’s mobile homes, two companies produce 78 percent of its corn seeds, and one company assembles 61 percent of syringes.

rickyb

tucker carlson (who i dont rec'd and you should be extremely skeptical of) says rural america now looks like inner cities.

what happens when the whole country looks like an inner city?

he talks of inequality but uses a different word: fairness.

he says anyone who worships markets is a fool.

he warns of divide and conquer.

Last edited: