I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Geez, ricky. You need to get out into the real world more often.
actually politics is as real as it gets, and most people have checked out of the real world

you tell me what you do which is more "real" than political action, and ill quickly tell you why its not.

and im debating going to KISS concert.

rickyb

vancouver middle class destroyed by over priced houses. housing prices partly driven up by newly reported 2 billion dollars of money laundering from china.

rickyb

As income inequality becomes more massive, financial titans such as Jeff Bezos, worth some $140 billion, will increasingly function as modern-day slaveholders. They will preside over financial empires where impoverished employees will live in run-down campers and trailer parks while toiling 12 hours a day in vast, poorly ventilated warehouses. These employees, paid subsistence wages, will be constantly recorded, tracked and monitored by digital devices. They will be fired when the punishing work conditions cripple their health. For many Amazon employees the future is now.

Work will be a form of serfdom for all but the upper elites and managers. Jeffrey Pfeffer in his book “Dying for a Paycheck: How Modern Management Harms Employee Health and Company Performance—and What We Can Do About It” quotes a survey in which 61 percent of employees said workplace stress had made them ill and 7 percent said they required hospitalization as a result. The stress of overwork, he writes, may cause 120,000 deaths annually in the United States. In China there are an estimated 1 million deaths a year from overwork." = chris hedges

The World to Come

rickyb

explaining capitalism to older people be like:

You Had One Job‏ @_youhadonejob1 9h9 hours ago

Why I hate math.

DyMO1DGXgAAnI_l.jpg

rickyb

trump second worst president to run the economy since carter according to this bloomberg ranking.

now to be fair i think this is kinda ridiculous because clinton was terrible for US workers and he was partly responsible for the financial crisis which happened at the end of bush's term. when bush took office i suppose the tech bubble popped around then and you had 9/11. also the more recent presidents preside over a withering empire and withering domestic economy. obama was also terrible for workers. certainly reagan too.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

rickyb

trump second worst president to run the economy since carter according to this bloomberg ranking.

now to be fair i think this is kinda ridiculous because clinton was terrible for US workers and he was partly responsible for the financial crisis which happened at the end of bush's term. when bush took office i suppose the tech bubble popped around then and you had 9/11. also the more recent presidents preside over a withering empire and withering domestic economy. obama was also terrible for workers. certainly reagan too.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
to clarify, trump is second worst. bush W was the worst.

rickyb

helsinki has ended homelessness. has the greatest country on earth done this anywhere? what about anywhere in north america? meanwhile englands homeless pop has 3x.

rickyb

the union newsletter we get are really mediocre. unions should be building workers understanding of the economy and politics and how to act. unions could teach their workers to mitigate divide and conquer at the workplace (and across the country), mitigate snitches, etc.

rickyb

when i work i cant help but think that everything is bull:censored2:. driving cars to work and not enough public transit, we dont recycle alot of stuff at work, the business model.

capitalism (and mankind) is set up for huge failure if we dont figure it out.