I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

El Correcto

god is dead
poor getting poorer world wide according to oxfam the top source on inequality. says 10,000 people unnecessarily die every day because of it. people suffering is in the billions.

A new billionaire is minted every 2 days as the poor lose wealth

Upward mobility, every 2 days someone rises to the top of the heap, oh no we must stop the capitalist prosperity!
upload_2019-1-23_19-58-9.png

You don’t know?

So this is another thing you don’t know. I asked a very simple question. I just want to confirm the facts.

The video said “I think this is from the IRS”. Do they not know? Did I miss something?

Also, when comparing incomes most use household incomes. Because a household spends as a unit. Not individual incomes of all. Individual income includes my kids’ summer job, part time students, and older Americans. Which skews your numbers to the low side.

All I’m asking is the baseline for your $30k figure. Your video didn’t really disclose what it was.

rickyb

So this is another thing you don’t know. I asked a very simple question. I just want to confirm the facts.

The video said “I think this is from the IRS”. Do they not know? Did I miss something?

Also, when comparing incomes most use household incomes. Because a household spends as a unit. Not individual incomes of all. Individual income includes my kids’ summer job, part time students, and older Americans. Which skews your numbers to the low side.

All I’m asking is the baseline for your $30k figure. Your video didn’t really disclose what it was.
congrats on watching the video.

rickyb

Sony has great products... Until your warranty expires and they decide you should have to pay again. Sony has been known to sell devices and then purposely render them useless through internet patches once they have your money secured and no, they do not provide a refund or any support. Just look-up what they did to all their HID-C10 customers, I bought 4 at $200+ (for myself and as gifts) and one day, as soon as the warranty expired ALL stopped working, came to find out that Sony did this intentionally because in their words "The product has reached the end of its lifespan and we decided to end functionality to encourage you to purchase a more modern device". I wasn't told about this "lifespan" when I purchased it and it sucks to have something brand-new that doesn't work out of the box because Sony took it upon themselves to decide that $200/device wasn't enough money for them AFTER the deal was done, that was a disappointing christmas present I gave to my family. Sony has also done things like this with their Playstation enabled TV's. The good old Sony we used to know no longer exists, now I would trust a shady company selling knockoffs more than I trust a Sony product and I am not alone in this, Sony actually seems to be going out of their way to upset customers. I guess they make enough money from their playstation line of products because those seem to be the only customers they care about. BEWARE.

Amazon.ca:Customer reviews: Sony Xperia XA2 H3123 - 32 GB - Factory Unlocked Phone (International Version) (Blue)

rickyb

i was a bit shocked in this video although ive heard about apple stores ripping off customers, and a coworker just told me about updates which slow down phones intentionally. i was gonna update but im not going to bother now. ive also noticed they dont give you alot of updates for tablets which is strange because on windows im always getting updates.

anywho, they take a computer in which takes less than 5 minutes to repair and costs nothing to repair, and the apple store charges $1000 min and wants them to buy a new computer.

the updates apple sends to the OS intentionally slow it down so you buy a new one. there is no apple repair manual. and its very difficult to get parts to repair apple products by design. this is very inefficient and polluting. theres legislation for right to repair, which ralph nader has covered on his radio show. apple makes custom screws so customers cant open their devices. they glue down the battery so you cant replace it.

rickyb

i watched this video last night too about how CSAT who "fixes" apple products treats its workers.

in summary it looks like they are abusing visa system to hire vietnamese workers who can either take the abuse at their job or go back to the 3rd world. this is near a major american city where the vietnamese pop is only 1% but 80% of workers at the job are vietnamese. we have immigrants at my job, and im not sure if they are all free to find another job, i know one has, but i recall thinking this before.

ditto for if you are sacked with debt: youre going to conform.

they have 1 bathroom per 500 people. OSHA got invovled. a fountain a football field away along with the lunch room if i recall.

they put crappy used parts in apple products. there are quotas and it leads to poor decisions by the workers. probably the most wasteful thing is instead of calling the customer to get the password, they will replace whole non broken parts with new ones. sometimes they just make stuff up to get their numbers up. we used to have quotas at my job although they werent covered under the collective agreement (and many of the workers were too lazy to even meet them) and i would just write other peoples numbers down or do half the job and send it back. its just a bureacracy.

this employee has been working at CSAT for 10 years and hasnt got a raise. he makes a whole $15 / hr "fixing" apple products. they hire people who have no experience to "fix" apple stuff under warranty.

the worker makes comparisions between the 3rd world and his job in texas. and i agree, there is more in common with slavery, state communism, and capitalism, than there are real differences and thats why they all fail for a majority of people.

they are thinking about unionizing, which they havent done yet because american workers are all knowing about economics and always make the right decision.

again, this is one of the businesses who apple sends its under warranty products to.

rickyb

and a youtube comment from video above. she says working conditions in america worse than vietnam which america killed or injured close to 10 million people.:

TheNeroKennedy
19 hours ago
Well as a vietnamese person living abroad, yes I can confirm that alot of Vietnamese people work in condition like this and won't complain. A huge amount of Vietnamese people who entered the U.S or any other western countries belong the generation of low skill Vietnamese, who have no degree, training or proper communication skill but use loop hole in visa administration to get in the country with hope of a better future. This is based on Vietnamese weird idolization of foreign country, especially the U.S, believing life therre is way better than home, despite not really. Hence why even in dangerous working environment like this, they still work and don't complain. Not to mention due to Vietnam having a smaller economy than the U.S, even low payment like this will equate to decent amount of money sending back to the worker family in Vietnam. So in their mind. why work as a second world country with lower payment when you can work in heaven land, with worse working environment but more money.

rickyb

theres a double standard for recycling and taking out the garbage here. its 2019 and businesses still dont have to recycle. at home we sort the garbage 7 different ways. at work we only sort the garbage 3 ways.

capitalism is corrupt and inefficient.

rickyb

in this video he talks about how the next generation is actually a downgrade.

im in the market for a tablet and there is no way to easily replace the battery. the govt should regulate these tech companies to ensure durability, and OS upgrades. this is really pathetic.

rickyb

The ‘Private Governments’ That Subjugate U.S. Workers

The corporations that in effect rule the lives of American workers constitute what University of Michigan philosophy professor Elizabeth Anderson refers to as “private governments.” These “workplace governments,” she writes, are “dictatorships, in which bosses govern in ways that are largely unaccountable to those who are governed. They don’t merely govern workers: they dominate them.” These corporations have the legal authority, she writes, “to regulate workers’ off-hour lives as well—their political activities, speech, choice of sexual partner, use of recreational drugs, alcohol, smoking, and exercise. Because most employers exercise this off-hours authority irregularly, and without warning, most workers are unaware of how sweeping it is.”

“If the U.S. government imposed such regulations on us, we would rightly protest that our constitutional rights were being violated,” Anderson writes in her book “Private Government: How Employers Rule Our Lives (and Why We Don’t Talk About It).” “But American workers have no such rights against their bosses. Even speaking out against such constraints can get them fired. So most keep silent.”

“Employers’ authority over workers,” Anderson writes, “outside of collective bargaining and a few other contexts, such as university professors’ tenure, is sweeping, arbitrary, and unaccountable—not subject to notice, process, or appeal. The state has established the constitution of the government of the workplace; it is a form of private government.” These corporations, by law, can “impose a far more minute, exacting, and sweeping regulation of employees than democratic states do in any domain outside of prisons and the military.”

rickyb

i should say i am in favor of 1 person businesses or more than they if its democratic. i am not in favor of employee / employer model.

"This neoliberal economic model, however, is defective. The relationship between the corporation and the worker is not the same as the relationship between a self-employed baker, for example, and his customers. The self-employed baker and those who buy the bread appeal to mutual self-interest in the exchange. “The buyer is not an inferior, begging for a favor,” Anderson writes. “Equally importantly, the buyer is not a superior who is entitled to order the butcher, the brewer, or the baker to hand over the fruits of his labor. Buyers must address themselves to the other’s interests. The parties each undertake the exchange with their dignity, their standing, and their personal independence affirmed by the other. This is a model of social relations between free and equal persons.” (Emphasis by the author.)

Once a worker is bonded to a corporation, however, he or she instantly loses this dignity, standing and personal independence, especially if the job is temporary, entry-level or menial. Relations are no longer free and equal.

“When workers sell their labor to an employer, they have to hand themselves over to their boss, who then gets to order them around,” Anderson writes. “The labor contract, instead of leaving the seller free as before, puts the seller under the authority of their boss.” The worker either fulfills the demands of management, which he or she has little ability to question or formulate, or is reprimanded, demoted, sanctioned or fired. The corporate manager wields total authority over the worker. “The performance of the contract embodies a profound asymmetry in whose interests count,” Anderson writes, “henceforth, the worker will be required to toil under conditions that pay no regard to his interests, and every regard for the capitalist’s profits.”

Neoliberalism posits that the choice is between a free market and state control, whereas, as Anderson writes, “most adults live their working lives under a third thing entirely: private government.” Neoliberalism argues that the essence of freedom is free enterprise, while never addressing workers’ surrender of basic freedoms...

Anderson calls this corporate economic system communist—that’s communist with a small “c”—because these private governments “own all the nonlabor means of production in the society it governs. It organizes production by means of central planning. The form of the government is a dictatorship. In some cases, the dictator is appointed by an oligarchy. In other cases, the dictator is self-appointed.” Private governments, their sanctioning powers lacking the state’s ability to imprison or execute (although they often have internal security forces with the power to arrest), ensure compliance by using wholesale surveillance and the threats of demotion and exile, plus the potential rewards of salary raises and promotions. Also, there usually is a steady barrage of company propaganda." - chris hedges

The ‘Private Governments’ That Subjugate U.S. Workers