I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

El Correcto

god is dead
In brave new world they are constantly on drugs to induce happiness. Capitalism tells us to buy things to fill the emptiness inside. Sometimes ppl foolishly find a girl to fill the emptiness. Most ppl have problems of finding the cure from within.

And now i have just heard about this eastern philosophy which is called resistance and its when u do the right action after you have come to terms with reality. Hopefully someone here can elaborate but anyways this is what happens at the end of the matrix to neo. Its kinda like how you can reinforce something by thinking about it over and over.
Material things do make life better.
I don’t want to give up my material things so some brat can go to the ER or some dead beat can drop their kid off at tax payer funded child care while they go to the strip club.

BrownArmy

Canuck humour!

I'm trying to imagine if I booked off 'suicidal'. I feel like that would trigger a series of events that would cascade into a complete sht show that wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

(rightfully so, perhaps...nevertheless)

Anyone talking about suicide needs help; the people who are serious about suicide kill themselves, no discussion necessary.

Don't call in 'suicidal'.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm trying to imagine if I booked off 'suicidal'. I feel like that would trigger a series of events that would cascade into a complete sht show that wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

(rightfully so, perhaps...nevertheless)

Anyone talking about suicide needs help; the people who are serious about suicide kill themselves, no discussion necessary.

Don't call in 'suicidal'.
Especially if they "hate their rock n' roll"!

rickyb

Material things do make life better.
I don’t want to give up my material things so some brat can go to the ER or some dead beat can drop their kid off at tax payer funded child care while they go to the strip club.
i was thinking isnt true freedom when you do need anything to be happy?

like what is true happiness? and how do we square that with our expectations of justice? i watched some eastern philosophy videos and they were talking about how do you deal with reality of the moment and things you cant change.

rickyb

Suicide is serious, grow up.
racism is serious too but theres all kinds of racist jokes.

the nazis were serious but tarantino had hitler blown up in a movie theatre.

why so serious?

its context. i also like saying things which most people dont say because in a sense it means im more free than them.

Except when it's not.
cAEm5rSuuBEGY.gif

rickyb

Kill yourself.
i was thinking yesterday about how suicide and the golden rule go together and they dont. because when you commit suicide you hurt all your friends. but then neo was the one by essentially going on a suicide mission although it wasnt really.

rickyb

Like calling out because you are SUICIDAL?
exactly. i make jokes about everything. team america was a joke about terrorism amongst other things. i didnt call out btw, i rejected OT

being free is doing what you want while following hte golden rule. i even self censor on here like in 1984, like i wont say stuff about the president because i dont want the pigs showing up to my parents house. i think even when i live in a camper van (because the middle class is dead because of inflated housing prices) ill still self censor.

when you make choices it costs something. hopefully we can have a revolution and i wont need to self censor about the president.