I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Basement flooded?
no even worse

its over 1 million for a house. im broadcasting from a fourplex and this is several million 30 minutes from the DT.

the middle class is dead. we largely live in a society largely based on if you were born rich or poor IE theres nothing you can do about it.

vantexan

no even worse

its over 1 million for a house. im broadcasting from a fourplex and this is several million 30 minutes from the DT.

the middle class is dead. we largely live in a society largely based on if you were born rich or poor IE theres nothing you can do about it.
But that's Canadian dollars. $14.95 in USD.

rickyb

What province are you in? Alberta must be getting hammered pretty badly with oil prices.
yea but i think at least calgary has relatively cheap housing prices compared to vancouver and toronto. they deserve it, they didnt diversify their economy. they also have the lowest unionization rate in canada. i lived in edmonton for i dunno 6 months worked on a railway there. we werent unionized, and i made about $7 less per hour than i did at every other rail job i worked which was unionized. im not very good at switching, yet i made more than my annoying partner there he was better than me.

rickyb

Nope. Housing is expensive because people who own property choose not to give it away.
You can cry at them all you want, but they aren't going to sell cheaper because of it.
no way its expensive because banks kept lending more against the existing supply, and developers didnt build enough to inflate the selling price.

there may be stuff im missing too.