I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

upload_2020-5-26_22-34-16.png

rickyb

us corporate debt at all time high. QE to blame. he says this makes them fragile to lack of business now. steve keen says many corporations will go under. hertz and avis is bankrupt. says international tourism is dead for 10 years at least. boy im glad i went to nairobi and thailand last 2 years.

chris hedges covered wars and talks how quickly civilization can fall apart and maybe this is an example. corona is definitely an example of mankinds hubris.

rickyb

i thought this system as a whole was rotten, and like the joker i wanted a crisis (but not a climate crisis). i think corona has fulfilled my expectations and even gave me more crisis than i wanted.

rickyb

unreal interview with michael hudson and paul jay of TRNN.

what a long term disaster the US economy is in for. its gonna be great for the rich, terrible for middle class and poor.

part of the plan republicans and democrats like to use is they bail out the corporations ie the upper 10% (in this case 6 to 10 trillion dollars) and then use the excuse they are out of money for everyone else and its time to cut programs, not pay pensions (which are deferred wages owed) and pay the bond holders instead.