I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Negative, you always address the job symbol, and the engine number, as well as conductor (last name here) when requesting and confirming three-step protection. The engineer will also relay the same whilst applying/removing it.

So no, there is no possibility of or room for error. It’s a failsafe system. Engineers never let you get three staff or go in between unless you have three steps of protection, and it is requested and confirmed properly verbally over the radio. Keep in mind you need at least 5 to 10 years to become an engineer, so by that time you’ve conducted enough to understand what it entails.
when i worked you only needed 2 years or less to be engineer. our switching operation the crew was named after their start time. i forget the other railways. so the engineer only had to get confused which crew he was and he could move it.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
when i worked you only needed 2 years or less to be engineer. our switching operation the crew was named after their start time. i forget the other railways. so the engineer only had to get confused which crew he was and he could move it.
In that situation you would anticipate that in the job briefing before work, and identify the engineer by the locomotive number

MisplacedRailWorker

they were loading fuel in the cars above.
That, ladies and gentlemen, requires wayway way more than three steps of protection. We’re talking triple condoms here. Unless this is way back in the day and you’re really old @rickyb ...
But then again Canada

Blue flag- men fowling equipment working in/on/around

tanker must be grounded pre-and post offload

need service brakes to tie anything to a train
I.e. the ground cable

hazmat regulations
Poisonous inhalation equipment parked for switching operations is not an exception

But Canada.

rickyb

That, ladies and gentlemen, requires wayway way more than three steps of protection. We’re talking triple condoms here. Unless this is way back in the day and you’re really old @rickyb ...
But then again Canada

I.e. the ground cable

hazmat regulations
Poisonous inhalation equipment parked for switching operations is not an exception

But Canada.
There would only be handbrakes after blue flag is gone

rickyb

But then again Canada

I.e. the ground cable

hazmat regulations

But Canada.
I doubt either of our countries are leading the world in train safety. Don't know about u but they make a big deal how dangerous it is to get between equipment even w 3 point protection

MisplacedRailWorker

We didn't do that. Even if it was by loco number the engineer could still mix it up and the conductor is at the mercy of the small space between heavy equipment
Is he dyslexic? In that case he falsified records on his medical for the pre-employment physical. Should’ve never been hired, fire. Give me another reason why he should be excused for mixing up numbers? He’s making six figures damn near seven
To do a job that requires a high school diploma or GED at most.
Tell me about a time when or how or who, a marked up engineer, violated someone’s three-step. In general. And if you’d like, you can throw in an example of mixing up numbers because it’s never happened.

MisplacedRailWorker

I doubt either of our countries are leading the world in train safety. Don't know about u but they make a big deal how dangerous it is to get between equipment even w 3 point protection
I doubt any other country besides both of ours, actually just the United States, can hold its weight in salt to justify needing a freight railroad network.

rickyb

Negative, you always address the job symbol, and the engine number, as well as conductor (last name here) when requesting and confirming three-step protection. The engineer will also relay the same whilst applying/removing it.

So no, there is no possibility of or room for error. It’s a failsafe system. Engineers never let you get three staff or go in between unless you have three steps of protection, and it is requested and confirmed properly verbally over the radio. Keep in mind you need at least 5 to 10 years to become an engineer, so by that time you’ve conducted enough to understand what it entails.
youre expected to be on your toes ready to jump out when you are in between cars regardless of 3 point protection because obviously theres not much distance between cars and that makes it very dangerous. workers arent like OoOoOoooo YOUR SAFE JALLA BC OF 3 POINT

Last edited:

rickyb

But then again Canada

I.e. the ground cable

hazmat regulations

But Canada.
and from what i recall thats where the guy got his foot run over and lost some toes.

rickyb

the govt passed a law which makes corporatoins offer us up to 3 hours of paid leave for each covid vaccination we get applies for pt and ft workers.

rickyb

rickyb

this is the country of thatcher and dont they usually join america in some imperialist wars?

Richard D. Wolff

@profwolff

·
May 3

UK's poor are poorer & rich richer than Germany, France, most Europe. Conservatives tried to distract people from UK's extreme capitalist inequality by demonizing Europe (Brexit). Self-destructive for UK, but may let UK capitalism survive a bit longer.

In Britain, the rich are richer but the poor far poorer than in Europe | Torsten Bell
When calamity strikes, people on low incomes face the toughest time and in the UK their margin of comfort is thin

theguardian.com

rickyb

cops perform a similar function

Gravel Institute and Kate Aronoff liked

Jack Califano

@jackcalifano

·
19h

Fellas, is it the “free market” when the government points a gun at you and says get back to work?
Quote Tweet

IfswFJm__mini.jpg

Jonah Furman

@JonahFurman
· May 11
Wow. Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont is calling in the National Guard to break strikes among 5,000 group home and nursing home workers. Unbelievable.
Show this thread

rickyb

when ppl think train equipment is safe, riding your brakes down mountain hills is a good idea, or voting for joe biden or trump is a good idea, they will volunteer for delta airlines:

C.D. Carter

@CDCarter13

·
13h

one idea i've had is to pay people for work
Quote Tweet

f1_RS9s9_mini.png

Public Citizen

@Public_Citizen
· 13h
Are you kidding me?
Show this thread