I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

today is may day. its an american holiday but the country is not free and so a workers day was change to september. its celebrated in other countries. not canada.

rickyb

may orginated in usa. its been pushed from our minds.

1619927352243.png

rickyb

ppl talk alot about free markets and yadayada but teh country is heavily monopolized and dominated by a few businesses:

So the whole system has been commercialized and corporatized from A to Z. Is there an area in our country, Michael, that the big corporations are not strategically planning?They’re strategically planning the kind of food we eat. They strategically plan the tax system to favor tax escapees for the rich and the corporate. They strategically plan our election system. They're behind a lot of this voter suppression. Clearly, the commercial interests don't want more votes coming from the lower-income rung of the political ladder. They’restrategicallyplanningthe military industrial complex budget, which is draining away billions of dollars a month from being put into infrastructure and repairing schools and drinking water systems and transit and other desperate public services that can create jobs here.They’re strategically planning somany things in our country and we're letting them get away with it with distraction. And one of the distractions is something you've written about.Because in a review of your latest book, the reviewer, who is Michael Fletcher, he said, “Dyson stands on firmer ground when his book offers ways to reimagine the police by parceling some of their unceasing responsibilities to social service agencies and when he calls out the tyranny of cancel culture.” Your comment on the tyranny of cancel culture. - ralph nader

rickyb

Luke Savage

@LukewSavage

·
8h

Definitely a healthy sign that the basic economic mechanism on which we've premised modern civilization reacts this way to an announcement that we're going to let fewer people die from a deadly disease
Quote Tweet

F51xxiuX_mini.jpg

CNBC Now

@CNBCnow
· 9h
Pfizer, Biontech, Novavax, Moderna shares plunge to session lows after U.S. backs waiving patent protections on Covid vaccines U.S. backs waiving patent protections for Covid vaccines, citing global health crisis
Show this thread

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I don't have any idea. @MisplacedRailWorker seems to think it's safe enough, you don't. I say if it's too unsafe to do a task, a person should refuse to do it. If someone else is willing, then that person should probably have that job. It's common sense, like George Lucas says.
Good evening, greetings from Jersey City. Back to work. If you’re in Croxton look for the long haired conductor on the day shift.

I sincerely apologize for not contributing my standard 4 to 10 replies to myself every five minutes. I promise to resume the aforementioned as soon as conditions allow for such activity.

MisplacedRailWorker

does this look safe to you zub? yes there will always be a bigger sucker willing to do it. you have to kneel down to do it.

View attachment 335004
You go “in between” only with 3-step Protection applied.

These three steps are verbally requested to the engineer and confirmed back to the conductor as well as acknowledged any time you couple train cars and need to connect the brake line.

The 3 steps of protection make it impossible for the train to move while you are connecting the glad hands AKA “lacing air”.

They are:

1: Reverser (Gear) in neutral.

2: Locomotive and air brakes fully applied.

3: Field generator circuit open- this prevents electricity generated from the engine to power the traction motors. So even if you rev the engine all the way up, in the “drive” position, the motor and wheels will not receive power or be able to move the train.

rickyb

You go “in between” only with 3-step Protection applied.

These three steps are verbally requested to the engineer and confirmed back to the conductor as well as acknowledged any time you couple train cars and need to connect the brake line.

The 3 steps of protection make it impossible for the train to move while you are connecting the glad hands AKA “lacing air”.

They are:

1: Reverser (Gear) in neutral.

2: Locomotive and air brakes fully applied.

3: Field generator circuit open- this prevents electricity generated from the engine to power the traction motors. So even if you rev the engine all the way up, in the “drive” position, the motor and wheels will not receive power or be able to move the train.
yea but the engineer only has to mistake another conductor on the same channel for his own and you got a situation.

everyone i worked with made a big deal about getting between the cars. one guy lost a toe at a different railway i think they were bleeding the cars out and bunching them up that way when it happened.

MisplacedRailWorker

yea but the engineer only has to mistake another conductor on the same channel for his own and you got a situation.

everyone i worked with made a big deal about getting between the cars. one guy lost a toe at a different railway i think they were bleeding the cars out and bunching them up that way when it happened.
Bleeding cars? Why in the :censored2: would they do that unless they were kicking them

MisplacedRailWorker

Negative, you always address the job symbol, and the engine number, as well as conductor (last name here) when requesting and confirming three-step protection. The engineer will also relay the same whilst applying/removing it.

So no, there is no possibility of or room for error. It’s a failsafe system. Engineers never let you get three staff or go in between unless you have three steps of protection, and it is requested and confirmed properly verbally over the radio. Keep in mind you need at least 5 to 10 years to become an engineer, so by that time you’ve conducted enough to understand what it entails.

Box Ox

Negative, you always address the job symbol, and the engine number, as well as conductor (last name here) when requesting and confirming three-step protection. The engineer will also relay the same whilst applying/removing it.

So no, there is no possibility of or room for error. It’s a failsafe system. Engineers never let you get three staff or go in between unless you have three steps of protection, and it is requested and confirmed properly verbally over the radio. Keep in mind you need at least 5 to 10 years to become an engineer, so by that time you’ve conducted enough to understand what it entails.

Sounds like you're way out of @MisplacedRailWorker 's league when it comes to railroad stuff, comrade ricky.