I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The US dollar is only backed by a promise by the government.
So the US dollar is only backed by a government that is trillions of dollars in debt..... mkay then.
And if the US dollar fluctuated like bitcoin, the world would be in trouble.
I'm certainly not suggesting bitcoin replace the US dollar so that seems to be a moot point to me.
Who backs bitcoin?
Like the US dollar, it is a fiat currency.
Who says it's worth 5,000 on Tuesday then 4000 on Thursday?
Supply and demand.

It will be fine

So, in short, don't buy bitcoin?
Bitcoin has many issues that make it a terrible investment.
The original creator still holds control over a significant amount of bitcoin, enough to tank the value anytime he chooses.
Advancements in quantum computing will at some point allow for mining of bitcoin at a fast enough rate to tank the value.
It is useful for buying drugs anonymously online, that's about it.

rickyb

The US dollar is only backed by a promise by the government. And if the US dollar fluctuated like bitcoin, the world would be in trouble. Who backs bitcoin? Who says it's worth 5,000 on Tuesday then 4000 on Thursday?
the US dollar is backed by the military

the market says that about bitcoin.

rickyb

I'm sure he's got them bankers shaking with his 5 mil net worth.
doesnt really matter. in most cases the guys i listen to are well off. doesnt mean you cant criticize the system...if everyone was well off like them, then they probably wouldnt criticize it so harshly. but in fact hte middle class is shrinking, more people are poor.

Last edited:

doesnt really matter. in most cases the guys i listen to are well off. doesnt mean you cant criticize the system...if everyone was well off like them, then they probably wouldnt criticize it so harshly. but in fact hte middle class is shrinking, more people are poor.
I have no problem with criticism. Critics are easy to find. All I'm saying is, you might be better off doing as they do and not as they say. These are 1 percenters, telling you to do what they don't. And profiting off it. They definitely aren't part of what they want you to believe is the solution. That's why I called it propaganda, they have you push this agenda and they profit off you.

rickyb

I have no problem with criticism. Critics are easy to find. All I'm saying is, you might be better off doing as they do and not as they say. These are 1 percenters, telling you to do what they don't. And profiting off it. They definitely aren't part of what they want you to believe is the solution. That's why I called it propaganda, they have you push this agenda and they profit off you.
the major solution IS coops as they all mostly say...and theyve made things better in terms of spreading consciousness, passing regulations (in the case of ralph nader), or laying hte groundwork.

why do you like small biz?

Last edited:

the solution IS coops as they all mostly say...

why do you like small biz?

Try listening to the people doing the co ops. Then you can see their challenges. We have a corporation with 7 board members. Never knew 1 person could be such an obstructionist. It slows things down, costs more time and money. One meeting we spent two hours on how angry he was because the neighbor flipped him off, "how dare him". He kept saying.

When it come to business, you can't just come and go as you please. You have to work around other schedules, and be available to customers. I'm glad I can just leave work when I'm done. Less hours, no headaches. That's just my experience though. You seem to have an image of lollipops and unicorns.

rickyb

Try listening to the people doing the co ops. Then you can see their challenges. We have a corporation with 7 board members. Never knew 1 person could be such an obstructionist. It slows things down, costs more time and money. One meeting we spent two hours on how angry he was because the neighbor flipped him off, "how dare him". He kept saying.

When it come to business, you can't just come and go as you please. You have to work around other schedules, and be available to customers. I'm glad I can just leave work when I'm done. Less hours, no headaches. That's just my experience though. You seem to have an image of lollipops and unicorns.
so your saying the current corporate model has a perfect balance of workers interests vs employers interests? cmon now.

its obvious people dont like their jobs because they have little to no say over the work environment. ive done wayyy too many jobs, including UPS which could have been at least good or better, if we werent being ruled all day. inequality is also one of the big results of capitalism and its obvious who this system benefits: not us.

look at america. its a disaster. the political system doesnt work anymore because its totally corrupted by money. the economy stinks. i cant believe you think its good. its only relatively better than it was in 2009. the environment is a disaster. scientists are saying were in the midst of the 6th mass extinction. look at humans: we are narcissists, consumers, cynics, spiritually weak, conformists, and ignorant. all of this has something to do with capitalism.

theres way too much power centralized towards the corporation, not enough to the workers or community.

well thats the thing with democracy: theres more deliberation. its more efficient to have one person tell everyone what to do, but its undemocratic if you didnt elect them. sometimes we like having 1 person represent our best interests. but the thing is even in the present corporate model, they dont represent our best interests, they represent the company's best interests. and in the case of CEOs, quite often they are looting the companies they are supposed to be representing.

your right i could post more articles on worker coops instead of my own philosophy, but whatever. if i do, i do. YOU should be posting stuff here too.

rickyb

you keep thinking their end goal is profits when its just a bi-product of what theyre doing. when they write a book, they didnt write it to profit off of it.