I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Jacobin
@jacobinmag

·
4h
"Neoliberal democracy. Instead of citizens, it produces consumers. Instead of communities, it produces shopping malls. The net result is an atomized society of disengaged individuals who feel demoralized and socially powerless."

Happy birthday, Noam Chomsky.

rickyb

right now i am buying a ferrari and i noticed the car dealerships dont like to negotiate online which is what consumer reports recommends when buying ferraris.

free marketers are kidding themselves if they think ripping ppl off on the free market is compatible with the laws of religion like following the golden rule.

vantexan

right now i am buying a ferrari and i noticed the car dealerships dont like to negotiate online which is what consumer reports recommends when buying ferraris.

free marketers are kidding themselves if they think ripping ppl off on the free market is compatible with the laws of religion like following the golden rule.
You're buying a Ferrari? :nonono::golfcart::rofl:

rickyb

70 odd years after being a-bombed, Hiroshima produces some of the best cars. Meanwhile in Detroit, I'm not totally sure they even make anything besides crippling depression.

rickyb

howard zinn says the world is upside down. the people in power should be in jail. people in jail should be in power.

JMW
@whistlerian1834

·
Dec 14
I reported accounting fraud at
@DeutscheBank
DB took away all my responsibilities and clients I resigned The General Counsel at DB to whom I reported the fraud, Robert Khuzami, then became head
@SEC_Enforcement
I was investigated and destroyed I left the US Play ball or die
Quote Tweet
oq8hyat0wfsmb1a9137q_normal.png

PlainSite
@PlainSite
· Dec 13
Perhaps the reason the world is drowning in fraud is that it's rewarded at the major "auditing" firms, including @PWC, while honesty is punished.
Show this thread

rickyb

hi guys i copied this for myself for future reference and i will paste it here for you. its what you do if you get into some trouble at work. the advice was given to me by a guy whos been with the union for decades . he has gotten into a lot of trouble and no :censored2:s given sabotages company equipment.

also asking for a union rep instead of job steward means you may be on pay with no work while under investigation because it will take some time for union rep to come in:

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET FIRST A VERBAL WARNING, THEN WRITTEN WARNING, THEN SUSPENSION.

AT THE MEETING WITH HR LADY SAY “YOU DON’T WANT TO TALK AND YOU WANT YOUR UNION REPRESENTATIVE NOT JOB STEWARD”. IF UNION REP IS GIVING YOU A HARD TIME, FIRST ASK CURRENT UNION REP FOR ANOTHER UNION REP AND IF NOT, GO TO UNION OFFICE AND SAY UNION REP DOESN’T WANT TO HELP AND GET A DIFFERENT UNION REP. dress nice too.

EMAIL UNION REP YOUR STATEMENT, MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET.

AT MEETING WITH UNION REP AND HR YOU DON’T SAY ANYTHING, UNION REP DOES ALL THE TALKING. YOU REMIND HR THAT THIS IS ABOUT YOU NOT OTHERS. DON’T SAY NOTHING. YOU WANT TO BE CALM AND COOL. ASK WHAT DID I DO? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET A WARNING FIRST, NOT SUSPENSION WITH PAY.

rickyb

ed snowden says increasingly we live in a world where we do all the work, we pay all the taxes, and we own less and less, and nobody understands this better than the youngest generation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
ed snowden says increasingly we live in a world where we do all the work, we pay all the taxes, and we own less and less, and nobody understands this better than the youngest generation.
25760141-AE6D-4F44-9963-1C3A2F021765.jpeg

Ricky did you move to Florida? I see you even have an air conditioner and solar panels. Lol.

rickyb

i am getting absolutely ass :censored2:ed trying to buy durable headphones.

the govt needs to regulate the industry by mandating detachable cable headphones.

Dr.Brownz

howard zinn says the world is upside down. the people in power should be in jail. people in jail should be in power.

JMW
@whistlerian1834

·
Dec 14
I reported accounting fraud at
@DeutscheBank
DB took away all my responsibilities and clients I resigned The General Counsel at DB to whom I reported the fraud, Robert Khuzami, then became head
@SEC_Enforcement
I was investigated and destroyed I left the US Play ball or die
Quote Tweet
oq8hyat0wfsmb1a9137q_normal.png

PlainSite
@PlainSite
· Dec 13
Perhaps the reason the world is drowning in fraud is that it's rewarded at the major "auditing" firms, including @PWC, while honesty is punished.
Show this thread

Why in the hell would you want serial murderers in power?