I fought for you....

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I loved it when the Harley Davidson folks were showing up and running interference for the soldier's families. Definitely showing their patriot side.

The Motorcycle Riders are not all Harley riders.
I was blessed to work with one on these guys, he rides a BMW, and he attended my father's funeral.
God Bless you Mike.
http://www.patriotguard.org/

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement​
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.
We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.
Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
  2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.
To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for correcting.......I definitely want it right. I don't know Harleys from Vespas.........................thanks. "Ducati " it right !

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
More...no problem.

And I will say this with most sincere heart, no disrespect to the Greatest Generation, in my opinion, my hero is the Vietnam Vet.

These men and women, make sure our WWII vets see their memorial in DC and these brave men and women will not allow our returning soldiers be subject to what they endured when they came home. The are the beginning of the baby boomer generation and are now in the seat of power to make sure it is soo....
[video=youtube;9_RJMsrIT6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_RJMsrIT6s&feature=related[/video]

diesel96

This is proof of how good our front line medics really are. Twenty years ago that Marine may not have even survived similar injuries. We always felt that if we made it on a medivac we would live. That was not always true but the sound of them coming in was always a little comforting.

I know you want to take that picture and use it as a way to bash this Country but the other side of the coin is there are many that have been wounded in combat, myself included, that
are proud of their service to this great nation.

AV8....my sincere appreciation for your service and sacrifices, and that goes for any other veterans or parents with siblings in our military that are viewing this site. Myself included. Having said that, viewing this heartbreaking photo, IMO we as a nation need to differentiate the implied thought process of equating this to "bashing this country", to bashing the "policies of our elected civilian leaders" and the influential entities that controls them. It doesn't ease my mind that my son can come home with no arms and legs because of the advancements of modern medical technology. What will ease my mind, is our Gov't's realization of "What the hell are we doing there in the first place".....I think it's safe to say we all (lf and rt) love our young men and women in the Military. And it's pure ignorance of those to try to convince their minions of sole proprietary ownership of our troops, especially by Hannity/Palin rally lingo by repeating keywords such as Freedom, Liberty, Troops over and over again....JMHO I don't believe anti-war advocate WKMAC implied/questioned the honor of our wounded, but the shady side of war and the reasoning behind it, that is selectively not shown to promote, more War.

And folks, enough with the "We're fighting for your freedom" routine......true our Military is a deterent from any foreign entity from overpowering us an literally taking our freedom. But we really haven't fought in a war that "literally" threatened our freedom since WWII. In fact our freedom is slowly being disentergrating from within, financially/politically.....in the name of security.....our founding fathers have rolled in ther grave with their behinds sticking up in the air above ground and used parking bumpers so we can park our 'Humvees" and black tinted window Gov't owned GM Suburbans on top and leak fluids on their legacy....JMHRant for the day !

Last edited:

wkmac

Thanks Diesel and you fully understood the intent of the pic (my heart was touched by the unconditonal love expressed in his face when he has every reason to hate us) and the post but I didn't respond to GI Joe because why should I do anything to dissway his Statist lunacy when he has no interest in giving up much less recognizing his own version of state compelled collectivism in the name of war and corp. hegemony. If this collectivism even has any redeemeing quality is that he and others of his ilk continue to claim it's of a limited nature. But just like the false nature in the reason of our foreign wars, so too has the false nature of so-called limited gov't been exploded as well. The last 30 years of those who claim the limited gov't mantle should be proof enough of that falsehood.

The other part of his comments and I completely agree that it's good that frontline medicine and medevac means are incredible, and they truly are, but the irony was it came across as a justification that it's OK that we are there because when our young men and women are ground up in the political meat grinder that this so-called war is, it's really nationbuilding, we can get them out and they are still alive although we're cool with the greater ends of political democracy for muslims at the cost of american limbs!

I completely disagree with that policy and thinking.

Also, show me a gov't that hasn't intervened regionally, contrived or manufactured enemies either overtly or covertly and then I'm willing to give serious audience to the argument that sending in our young men and women is a last and only resort left. But until then where we have a political policy working against these young people as fast and hard as they work to overcome it, I will oppose said policy to the bitter end!

Several months ago I saw a C-Span Book TV program of a college lecture given by former US Army Capt., West Point Grad and former Iraq soldier on the larger nature of warfare and it's effects on the soldier involved. His POV in the larger context is most interesting when it comes to human behavior.

[video=youtube;hy-7rs6hF3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-7rs6hF3w[/video]

The entire nearly 2 hour lecture can be seen here and vey much worth the watch IMO.

av8torntn

IMO we as a nation need to differentiate the implied thought process of equating this to "bashing this country", to bashing the "policies of our elected civilian leaders" and the influential entities that controls them. It doesn't ease my mind that my son can come home with no arms and legs because of the advancements of modern medical technology. !

And in my opinion you should be able to make your point without using a combat wounded veteran as a prop. You guys can mock me by calling me "GI Joe" or "boot" or whatever you want but I get a little sensitive when I see you guys using our wounded veterans as props. WKmac is smart enough, I think, to bash this Country without doing that.

I think you are saying that you would rather see your son die than come home alive but wounded. That may or may not be true but from my view we all have a strong desire to live. I am sure you have probably noticed that in your personal life also. You may just be saying that you worry for your son no matter what and I think that all parents do that and it would go without saying.

And in my opinion you should be able to make your point without using a combat wounded veteran as a prop. You guys can mock me by calling me "GI Joe" or "boot" or whatever you want but I get a little sensitive when I see you guys using our wounded veterans as props. WKmac is smart enough, I think, to bash this Country without doing that.

I think you are saying that you would rather see your son die than come home alive but wounded. That may or may not be true but from my view we all have a strong desire to live. I am sure you have probably noticed that in your personal life also. You may just be saying that you worry for your son no matter what and I think that all parents do that and it would go without saying.
First, I want to thank you for your service to our country and the ideal of the American way of life.
The Anti-American pair shouting at the top of their lungs would much rather our military set back and allow radical islamic terrorist and the communist of the past to go unabated to piece by piece take over the world, eventually even the USA. There is no doubt that our government is out of control and we have threats to true freedom from the inside as well as from the outside, however I don't see that as an excuse for the name calling and down right insulting remarks. I've read post after post where slams are made toward people "using" our son's and daughter's dedication to true patriotism for "promoting" war, then in turn use them in reverse and call it "lunacy". I guess it is true that it takes all kinds to make up the world we live in.

I take may hat off to you and all the other "G.I. Joes and Janes".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I didn't really care for the video because it seemed like an attempt to manipulate people's emotions rather than being educational, and I find that sort of stuff rather off putting. At the same time I don't think it was inherently political or "pro war" and I'm sure the producer's only intent was to honor the veterans who have fought for this country, I just didn't like their methodology. I'm kind of a military history buff and I think it's important to understand not just why wars are fought but also the human cost, and in addition to books that give a strategic overview of battles I've read some pretty gripping first person accounts, in particular With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. Both of those books are on the Commandant's reading list and with good reason, as real understanding is the key to real appreciation.
Even though I didn't like the video much, I think it's a shame that in our current political atmosphere something like that would be a flash point because I'm sure that's not the way it was intended.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The old man was trying to reach his thick-headed, self indulgent grandkids. You can't hand them a book to read!!! Watching the film at least, finally got their attention. If you hand an 11-13 yr. old a book they,d say...."what's this, I have Kindle?" OR, "Just text me."

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The old man was trying to reach his thick-headed, self indulgent grandkids. You can't hand them a book to read!!! Watching the film at least, finally got their attention. If you hand an 11-13 yr. old a book they,d say...."what's this, I have Kindle?" OR, "Just text me."

+1

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nothing in that video actually happened, it's a cutesy little story built around 2 dimensional stereotypes and designed to provoke an emotional response in it's target audience. Some people love that kind of stuff, I don't. Kindles are actually pretty cool if you're into reading, I like being able to take an entire library of books with me wherever I go.

diesel96

Ignorance is bliss, isn't AV8....I got the same vibes wkmac got, that implying the improvements in our frontline medical/medevac, is some sort of justification of constant warfare, and the consolation prize for our young men and women, is to look forward to new and improved prosthetics....that's a pathetic excuse IMO

Sheltering the people from the casualties of war, as your cheerlead for, sanitizes the emotional repuccusions effect, and is intended to control public anger over controversial warfare on Terrorism. The public has a right to see and to know what their Gov't/Corp. and Military Ind Complex are up to, and we have a right to see the cost of that military action without invading the personal space and privacy ramifications of the victims families. What your lobbying for is a form of manipulative censorship of persuassive justification.

On a side note.....I find it odd that many of the Right Wing persuasion, who like to make a big noise about supporting the troops are almost always in favor of the policy of not photographing our wounded or showing the flag draped coffins….it’s intellectually dishonest to say we support the troops if we don’t have the courage to truly acknowledge and provide for our wounded, maimed, PTSD, deceased, and pay tribute to them. IMO we should have the visual reminders of what the war is costing us. The photos of flag draped coffins and wounded veterans are REALITY….something Americans are often lacking in dealing with. And if showing the photos somehow hastens the end of the warfare in the Middle East, I’ll support it because I don’t want to be going to my sons funeral or the funeral of my neighbor’s son or daughter over a conflict with a made up, propped up enemy. A picture does indeed speak a thousand words.
So many Americans are reminded once a year when they go to the beach and cook hot dogs in the backyard on Memorial Day. Just one day for Americans to see and honor the sacrifice of our fallen/wounded when it occurs is not enough. Something our public should be aware of, Memorial Day should be 24/7-365....

First, I want to thank you for your service to our country and the ideal of the American way of life.
The Anti-American pair shouting at the top of their lungs would much rather our military set back and allow radical islamic terrorist and the communist of the past to go unabated to piece by piece take over the world, eventually even the USA. There is no doubt that our government is out of control and we have threats to true freedom from the inside as well as from the outside, however I don't see that as an excuse for the name calling and down right insulting remarks. I've read post after post where slams are made toward people "using" our son's and daughter's dedication to true patriotism for "promoting" war, then in turn use them in reverse and call it "lunacy". I guess it is true that it takes all kinds to make up the world we live in.

I take may hat off to you and all the other "G.I. Joes and Janes".

Here comes TRP moseying on in, riding his majestic white horse, with his Boss Hoss 10 gal hat, and red-white-and blue :censored2:-kickers, dosing out Anti-American citations.

TRP, what makes you more of an American than anybody else in Brown Cafe ?

Is it the stars and stripes on cowboys boots ?

There may be some who think your anti-American because your desecrating our flag on an ugly pair of cowhide boots.

So what makes someone like a TRP an authority of challenging someone else's patriotism ?

Is comply, complacent and reform, the patriotic norm ?

Is it un-American to self examine, expose, criticize, challenge, dissent for the betterment of a tainted leadership ?

President Ike must be anti-American via his farewell speech of warning the American Public of the growing powers of the M I C.....

The only anti-American here is you TRP. TRP appears to be ignorant of the history of our Great country and the era of Joseph McCarthy.

TRP would have you believe that Progressives/Ind/Libertarians and anti-War advocates are all anti-American and unpatriotic who disagree with the Neo-con red Neck agenda.

TRP suggests we're all American Idiots. This is blatant stupidity. In reality, it is TRP's views that smack the tenents of Fascism.

TRP, I suspect you even believe that the President and members of congress are anti-American.

And should we even get into the, "be very afraid of the commies and radical islam spliel,"?

Obvisously, the Matrix ind complex has you feasting on a fat steak as well.....

av8torntn

Ignorance is bliss, isn't AV8....I got the same vibes wkmac got, that implying the improvements in our frontline medical/medevac, is some sort of justification of constant warfare, and the consolation prize for our young men and women, is to look forward to new and improved prosthetics....that's a pathetic excuse IMO

You say I am ignorant and pathetic. I assume it is OK for me to now call you ignorant and pathetic. I never offered an excuse for war. For you falsely claiming that I will claim you are ignorant and pathetic. I believe in the Constitution and the Constitution gives Congress the power to send the nation to war. I may agree with the reasons or disagree with the reasons but I do not offer an excuse because it is totally up to Congress as laid out in the Constitution. Wkmac gave the implication that the reason war is bad is because people lose limbs. I will not call him ignorant or pathetic since he has not called me names yet. I will say there are many more reasons that war is bad. I only offered my opinion on the subject of using a wounded veteran as a prop to try and make a point. I still believe part of the reason we get so many people that live through these horrific wounds is due to the highly competent medical care we receive on the front lines. I also believe it is in part due to our superior TTP's, equipment, training, leadership and discipline.If you think that is ignorant or pathetic you should offer a reason why. I suspect in the normal liberal ignorant and pathetic way you will not and only name call. Again ignorant and pathetic. You replied with the implication that you would rather your child die than lose a limb. For this I will call you pathetic. My opinion from personal observation is that when metal meets bone most have a strong will to live. I've heard many times before a first combat experience people claim they would rather die than lose a limb much like you. That alway seems to change. I thankfully only know a few people that were severely wounded and all are thankful to be alive. Our company started with 105 men and we had 26 purple hearts. Several people were wounded more than once but we had a self imposed limit of one purple heart per soldier. I will not call you ignorant for your opinion because it is different than mine I only offer this as a background as to how my opinion was shaped. I would rather have an adult conversation and avoid the name calling as it tends to add nothing.

One last note I will say you can support the wounded troops without using them as a prop at the veterans hospital to teach your children that war is bad. That is why this all began.

Also I can tell you that our enemy is not a made up enemy. They activly try to kill Americans.

bbsam

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Pat Tillman prop? Propaganda is in no short supply, do you see it for what it is?

av8torntn

Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Pat Tillman prop? Propaganda is in no short supply, do you see it for what it is?

Horrible.

The extreme left used his death to promote their cause. The military tried to create a hero to promote their cause. The civilian leadership did not fire those in the military responsible. I feel bad for the family. They should not have had to go through that.