I got a suprise package today from UPS

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've been retired now for a little over a year. Out of the blue, I get a large, heavy package from Robbins. I open it, and it is a large engraved glass plaque on a wooden base with my name and years of service engraved on it. Etched in the glass is a note thanking me for my years of loyal service, yada yada. Also in the box was a note telling me to expect something in the mail concerning a gift list that I could pick from. I'm feeling the love, I'm telling you.:group-hug:
Been gone a year, and they are still spending their money on me. lol.

Z

ZQXC

I've been retired now for a little over a year. Out of the blue, I get a large, heavy package from Robbins. I open it, and it is a large engraved glass plaque on a wooden base with my name and years of service engraved on it. Etched in the glass is a note thanking me for my years of loyal service, yada yada. Also in the box was a note telling me to expect something in the mail concerning a gift list that I could pick from. I'm feeling the love, I'm telling you.:group-hug:

Did you get a chubby?

(from all the love)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It was worth it to them. They got your high paid :censored2: out of there and replaced you with an $18.75/hr guy.

They will have those gifts paid for in a week.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What was done on your final day on the job?
If yes please post a picture
A pic of the plaque or the chubby? lol
I actually got hurt on the job, had surgery, rehab, and when I didn't come back enough to do the job, I decided to retire. There was no "last day" where everyone could have said attaboy. I left quietly. My son, who works there, took a picture of my old tractor right before they 88'd it, blew the pic up and put it in dispatch for anyone to sign who wanted to, all around the border of the pic. At the bottom of the frame is a little hook and it has the keys to it on the split ring with the brass disc stamped with the unit #. I miss the drivers I worked with the most, and some of the guys who signed, I didn't even know. I got it for Christmas this last year from my son. It was quite the surprise.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Call Atlanta stat! Somebody really screw up!

oldngray

nowhere special
I wouldn't put it past 'em. I'll trade them for that leather Circle of Honor jacket I never got. haha

I never got a fancy plaque but I did get a letter several months after I retired to choose my retirement gift. It took UPS that long to get my paperwork mostly straightened out. I still had issues for a month or two after that though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's amazing for the past 30+ years this company has likely had hundreds of employees retiring every week. Yet it's still a painful drawn out process.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A pic of the plaque or the chubby? lol
I actually got hurt on the job, had surgery, rehab, and when I didn't come back enough to do the job, I decided to retire. There was no "last day" where everyone could have said attaboy. I left quietly. My son, who works there, took a picture of my old tractor right before they 88'd it, blew the pic up and put it in dispatch for anyone to sign who wanted to, all around the border of the pic. At the bottom of the frame is a little hook and it has the keys to it on the split ring with the brass disc stamped with the unit #. I miss the drivers I worked with the most, and some of the guys who signed, I didn't even know. I got it for Christmas this last year from my son. It was quite the surprise.
I wouldn't put it past 'em. I'll trade them for that leather Circle of Honor jacket I never got. haha

It never ceases to amaze me.

Throw a dog a petty little bone....

They will hump your leg, and forget everything else.... that once mattered.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I called my old center manager today. He apologized for it taking so long. He told me they had trained 90 new feeder drivers in our department in the last 7 months.
they had been swamped. Hey, anything that costs UPS some money, I'm all over it. lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I called my old center manager today. He apologized for it taking so long.

You had to call them ??

And, ask for something... you deserved ?

He apologized for it taking so long.

Did he put it writing ?

He told me they had trained 90 new feeder drivers in our department in the last 7 months.

And ??

Hey, anything that costs UPS some money, I'm all over it. lol.

Doubt it.

-Bug-

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
BUG, you've got a problem, and a big chip on your shoulder. This is about the 4th time you've ripped me publicly. You hate me so much, go ahead and put me on ignore. That way, you won't have to read anything I have to say. I'm certainly going to ignore you from here on out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BUG, you've got a problem, and a big chip on your shoulder. This is about the 4th time you've ripped me publicly. You hate me so much, go ahead and put me on ignore. That way, you won't have to read anything I have to say. I'm certainly going to ignore you from here on out.
He's jealous because you are retired ... he is the jealous kind! :wink2: