In case of quarantine/marshal law.

Transportation Systems Sector | CISA

upload_2020-3-21_10-57-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-21_10-57-58.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-21_10-57-58.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 173

Overpaid Union Thug

@Brown Biscuit How is this “old”? I did a search for this topic before posting it and there was no hits. It may have been mentioned in one of the MANY Coronavirus threads but doesn’t appear (according to the search function) to have been an actual discussion yet. And I don’t have the desire to read each and every CoronaVirus thread.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We deliver a lot of prescription medicine and home health care products. I probably deliver 15-20 stops of medicine everyday just from the Veteran's Administration, besides all the other meds.

We deliver a lot of prescription medicine and home health care products. I probably deliver 15-20 stops of medicine everyday just from the Veteran's Administration, besides all the other meds.

Don't forget the kitty litter from Chewy, the 2 cans of tomato sauce from Target and the case of water from Walmart. :clap:

This is why we are risking it all...

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't forget the kitty litter from Chewy, the 2 cans of tomato sauce from Target and the case of water from Walmart. :clap:

This is why we are risking it all...

Actually, the more people order stuff like that online the less people are out potentially spreading/contracting the virus. It’s actually not hard for delivery drivers to avoid contracting it ourselves. Plus, it’ll lessen the blow to the economy.

Overpaid Union Thug

I pick up/deliver VA meds and test kits. I think we are also viable because allowing people to keep ordering online helps lessen the blow to the economy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's an awful lot of people laid off/out of work right now who wish they had an essential job, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. If you're scared to come to work then stay home.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I really don’t get it. Stay home!!!! No way anybody could get fired for staying home during this specific period, sick leave or not. Stay home til you feel comfortable working. Plenty of guys (like me) who are happy to have a great job that will not shut down....I’d rather work than sit at home in fear. We’re all gonna get the damn thing!!!! So when you do you take your 10 days paid and move on. By the end of summer the hysteria will have died down and it will be business as usual.

Overpaid Union Thug

There's an awful lot of people laid off/out of work right now who wish they had an essential job, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. If you're scared to come to work then stay home.
How dare you say that! This is an “old” topic! LOL

Yeah my new route had a lot of worried faces this week. It’s all commercial stops. I figured the worst case scenario for me would be having to work inside for a few weeks. Our supplement sucks in that regard because our pay is reduced to hub pay after the seventh day inside.

35years

Gravy route
From UPS...

We want to do all we can to keep you informed as the efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus continue.

We’d like to reassure you that UPS operations and The UPS Store® locations have been designated by the Governors’ offices in all 50 states as critical infrastructure, and we continue to pick up and deliver, even in restricted areas.

over9five

Staff member
I really don’t get it. Stay home!!!! No way anybody could get fired for staying home during this specific period, sick leave or not. Stay home til you feel comfortable working. Plenty of guys (like me) who are happy to have a great job that will not shut down....I’d rather work than sit at home in fear. We’re all gonna get the damn thing!!!! So when you do you take your 10 days paid and move on. By the end of summer the hysteria will have died down and it will be business as usual.
Work should be on a voluntary basis. No reason those that can afford it should be forced to work, and put their wives and family at risk.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Work should be on a voluntary basis. No reason those that can afford it should be forced to work, and put their wives and family at risk.
I agree!!! Stay home man. I’m single, no kids, grandparents live 100 miles away, I have no reason to stay home. The critical stuff will get delivered. If we have to pile up Amazon crap in a trailer for 2 weeks then so be it. There is plenty of work for those of us who want it, and plenty of time to catch up on the meaningless crap we might miss should guys stay home

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One time I had to go make a pickup at an unmarked building that is a CDC warehouse. The pallets of Next Day Air were nothing but vaccines, talk about high value packages.

over9five

Staff member
I don't think it's bad if you were just risking your own health by working..
But you are putting your whole familys health (and maybe lives) at risk.

I'm just saying there's a REASON everyone else is staying home...
Which leads to my comment that working should be voluntary.