i hate my sup

christian c

a convo i had with my sup this morning, verbatim.

part time sup: "Christian, do you know what handling a package is?"

me: " is this a trick question?"

part time sup: "no, do you not know?"

me: "ok, package handling is the act of moving a package by hand, as in i am a package handler."

part time sup: " no thats not what it is. package handling means that you dont break what is inside the package because it makes the company lose money. Do you want to make money or lose money?"

for some reason this really annoyed me.....just venting here....

Catatonic

Nine Lives

me: "ok, package handling is the act of moving a package by hand, as in i am a package handler."

part time sup: " no thats not what it is. package handling means that you dont break what is inside the package because it makes the company lose money. Do you want to make money or lose money?"

I saw this episode of Beavis and Butthead.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wonder how much volume ups has "given" to fedex because of the high amount of damages that come through the system over the years. this is a huge problem but nobody seems to be addressing it and the problem isnt always the hub either.

You should have said. You're an Idiot! That would be Damaging a package! Then you should have showed him the difference by picking up a package and moving it( handling a package) Then you should have threw it across the building ( Damaging a package) Then Said " Do you understand or do you need me to show you again" :)

StopCount

Ah. Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right.

NHDRVR

Listen, nod, answer, then let him walk away...
Anything after that is simply filler.

If there is a repeat performance?? Listen, nod, answer, then talk to your steward.

Just make sure you are doing your job.

Johney

I wonder how much volume ups has "given" to fedex because of the high amount of damages that come through the system over the years. this is a huge problem but nobody seems to be addressing it and the problem isnt always the hub either.
I've had three TV's over the last two weeks and all three were damaged.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Obviously, you were doing something that made the sup have to explain to you about internal damages. I saw nothing wrong with the conversation.

Obviously, you were doing something that made the sup have to explain to you about internal damages. I saw nothing wrong with the conversation.
The only problem I had with the conversation is style used. A more direct approach would be to address the situation head on with out the mumbo-jumbo pussyfooting around. If the loader is mishandling packages and/or placing them in a truck in a manner that leads to damages, then come out and say what you mean. Asking a leading question such as that one is a waste of time.
Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

You have forgotten the cardinal "UPS Answer" rule. There are Three answers to be used in any confrontation at UPS (First 2 are mine, 3rd was given by someone here on the board & I forget who;

1. I Do Not Recall
2. I'll Work On That
3. What Did You Just Call Me?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Ah. Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right.

You did get the memo, right?

(anyone who works at UPS MUST rent this movie, office space)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cach, do you really think your post is going to make it through the day? I will save the mods some time, I didn't copy your post. :happy-very:

Last edited:
Actually I was hoping the censor program would *** that out. I would have altered the pic butt me knot compooter smart. I used a black marker on it but I think that only works on my computer.

P.S. Does anyone know how to get marker ink off a monitor?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
PYB, Dizzee or Scratch can edit it for you. I'm sure all you would have to do is ask. LOL:wink2:

LMAO! Marker on the monitor doesn't work to well as an edit, huh?