I have a question for everyone.

ManInBrown

I'm talking about 2 ground pkgs! I'm going tomorrow to see the stops they claim I padded. Ill let you know brother.
If it’s two ground stops it’s a dup. You have all the time to touch every box and make sure it’s there or not. A one time thing, no biggie. Can’t repeatedly do it. That’s padding stops 100%. Regardless even if you did it four times a day for a month the firing wouldn’t stick.

Trucker Clock

I'm talking about 2 ground pkgs! I'm going tomorrow to see the stops they claim I padded. Ill let you know brother.

I hope that I am right and they're just trying to prove a point and they offer you a deal to come back. Especially if they are only referencing 2 ground packages for this discharge.

in the contract is say you can't get fired by technology, I guess that's not true because.
I did!!

I explained that in your other thread. That's not what Article 6 says. It actually says any system that tracks or surveils a driver's movements. Delivery records do not fall under this category.

Article 6 Section 6

No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information received from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similarly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements.

ManInBrown

At the end of the day there’s three things you could get fired for
Fighting
Stealing
Not reporting an accident-I’ve seen people get their jobs back for this one

No one is being fired and having is stick for not using duplicate for two ground stops. You would have to be warned many times and continue to do it. It’s thin the herd season. Dot your I’s and cross your T’s if you don’t want to be sent on an involuntary unpaid vacation.

Michael Scott

Why would you hit not found at 9:45 in the morning. If it’s an air, yeah hit not found. You sort the truck for ground during NDA? And if you don’t how is it not found, you didn’t look. And correct no one would get fired for a one time thing, but if you did it a lot and they don’t like you, and you don’t show up with a tub of Vaseline in your back pocket every morning then it’s definitely something they could dig into further and use as discipline. Not a chance in hell the firing would stick, but it’s a way to thin the herd during the slow months Jan-Mar

If there is one nda and one ground and you can’t find the ground you don’t have to hit not found. It’s common sense if you find later it’s an extra stop. You didn’t have time to search for long during nda service.
I dont know how it is in your area, but most of the routes where im at “air service” is approximately 4-5 stops that need to be done by 10:30 or 12:00 depending. And they certainly arent your first 4-5 stops. If I am looking for something with a HIN of 2135 and its not on the 2000 shelf, on the floor, or in the back of the truck forgotten by a preloader, I hit not found. I still go back and deliver it later.

ManInBrown

I dont know how it is in your area, but most of the routes where im at “air service” is approximately 4-5 stops that need to be done by 10:30 or 12:00 depending. And they certainly arent your first 4-5 stops. If I am looking for something with a HIN of 2135 and its not on the 2000 shelf, on the floor, or in the back of the truck forgotten by a preloader, I hit not found. I still go back and deliver it later.
Do you. I didn’t mean to come off like my way was right or yours is right. Everybody has their own thing.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Nope. Just trying to keep you from being discharged, like what they just did to @OneBoxAtATime? You know, the reason why we are talking about this right now?

You want to be a Rambo and do things your own way, not follow the methods, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

I have no problem, as a Steward, telling drivers that you have follow, and use, their methods. In fact, I think I'd be derelict in my duties if I didn't tell drivers that they have to follow the methods, and not to do it their own way just because they want to.
I agree with what you’re saying. I’m saying that in my experience the company will never tell you how to sheet anything other than EC for snow and Closed Holiday for George Washington’s Birthday. They want to leave it ambiguous. There are no methods for sheeting that I’ve seen.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Wouldn't the real correct option be to send a DIAD message, not call?
Yes. Please accept my apology for giving such bad advice. Phone calls can’t be proven. Use the DIAD and I take a picture of the message because who the hell knows what happens to those.

Although texts can be useful 😉

allahuakbar

She/Her
It's not difficult to follow the methods. Yes, you can just scan and deliver it like you suggested. But you can also be terminated for what you just suggested. Don't believe me? Ask the OP.
He was scanning individual packages as stops for single suites. Also probably left packages in the truck so he can go back later and scan as more stops. He’s just trying to get the answers he wants.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Why? A driver knows the methods on how to sheet a stop that he/she has to go back to with another package.

No it's not. Sheet it by the methods. Why call your Sup and ask if you should sheet it differently than what the methods say?
I do agree with you and the premise that a 20 year RPCD should know what to do. But, since there doesn't seem to be or they have refused a "refresher" course offered a Intergrad, then there's gonna be a call to the center.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Are bonus centers different companies than UPS? Because here if you find a package later on you just go back to the stop and deliver it. There’s no call 20 people ask 20 questions sheet as missed sheet as duplicate. This is why you dopes get fired. You over complicate every part of this job lol

Thebrownblob

Are bonus centers different companies than UPS? Because here if you find a package later on you just go back to the stop and deliver it. There’s no call 20 people ask 20 questions sheet as missed sheet as duplicate. This is why you dopes get fired. You over complicate every part of this job lol
Bonus centers work the same way I don’t know why anyone is calling about delivering a package they find later it actually would probably add to their paid day because it gives you more miles for their mistakes.