I have a question for everyone.

charm299

I agree, but to them if you’re way over allowed, they’re looking for reasons to show you’re not giving them fair work. If you’re clean, no big deal if you’re not well…..
The guy that had the route before him had 9000 dollars of 9.5 grievance in one year, so obviously there computers are way off

allahuakbar

She/Her
It’s about time they start going after these chumps that turn 6 hour routes into 10 hours. They thought they’d be able to claim “but I was following the methods”. Jigs up

Thebrownblob

It’s about time they start going after these chumps that turn 6 hour routes into 10 hours. They thought they’d be able to claim “but I was following the methods”. Jigs up
If he had been following the methods and recording accurately, he would’ve been fine. Having said that, I have seen a whole lot worse return to work. If he hasn’t been in trouble much before his 23 years will probably be helpful.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Believe it or not before we had Edd that’s exactly how I was trained if you were blind on the route, or pressed for time because of commits.
The guy next to me used to do that so they ended up giving me all this work. The money I made from 9.5 grievances paid off my car, a year early.
Shame they killed savers by three

Trucker Clock

I do agree with you and the premise that a 20 year RPCD should know what to do. But, since there doesn't seem to be or they have refused a "refresher" course offered a Intergrad, then there's gonna be a call to the center.

Why would there be a call to the center?

A driver was trained on duplicate stops. Sheet the packages like you were trained unless you were instructed by your center to do it differently at some point in the past.

@Wally said he was instructed that if the wheels move, it’s a separate stop. That’s fine. He’s working as instructed.

Centers typically like to do it their own way and disregard corporate training. We had this issue with missed packages. Centers wanted it done their own way despite what Corporate training said.

I just hope @Wally has that in writing, or at least a Steward told the same thing to back him up if something happens. Because we all know he would be thrown under the bus if he said his center told him to disregard Corporate training and do it their way.

Trucker Clock

There’s not. I work with this guy, they went after him because he has the most overallowed in the building

Apparently there is. They asked him why he took 7 minutes to deliver this stop and 7 minutes to deliver that stop. They were trying to find out why he is the most overallowed.

Then they discover he is padding his stops to probably try and reduce his overallowed, or to cover up for why he takes so long at some stops. Why is he even worried about his overallowed? Someone has to be the least best. That was me for a long time. I'm still here.

They can't fire him for production, or for taking too long at a stop. But the fired him for padding stops.

I still think they are just trying to send him a message and will offer him is job back thinking he may clean up his act. I hope I am right.

Thebrownblob

Apparently there is. They asked him why he took 7 minutes to deliver this stop and 7 minutes to deliver that stop. They were trying to find out why he is the most overallowed.

Then they discover he is padding his stops to probably try and reduce his overallowed, or to cover up for why he takes so long at some stops. Why is he even worried about his overallowed? Someone has to be the least best. That was me for a long time. I'm still here.

They can't fire him for production, or for taking too long at a stop. But the fired him for padding stops.

I still think they are just trying to send him a message and will offer him is job back thinking he may clean up his act. I hope I am right.
I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen, barring a bunch of information we don’t know about.

BrownSnowFlake

I think there’s way more to the story than the OP is saying.
Let’s be intellectually honest here. Buddy didn’t get fired for having a few duplicate stops in his board. He got fired for taking a long steamy on company time. “Padding stops” is just their excuse.

Now you can argue about what the contract says, what OSHA says, what the methods are. You can argue about all that until you’re blue in the face. Was all this hassle really worth the extra $10 or $20? Is this hill worth dying on? I don’t think so. I wouldn’t.

Do the right thing and go on break if you’re dropping a deuce. Think about how the guys who are in progression would look at you. The union has finite resources to advocate for its members. There’s guys who are having their jobs threatened bc they are slow learners or made honest mistakes due to inexperience. Meanwhile here’s a 20 year driver who wanted to milk the clock. How shameful.