I have a question.

UPSGUY72

Not true Jim. Bennys are paid by supplement to a maximum hours worked and then no longer paid for at that point. Last year I would not have made my 2080 hours due to missing 2 months of work but made it up very easily in overtime.:peaceful:

you don't need 2080 hrs that would mean you worked every week and took no time off (40 hr x 52 weeks = 2080 hrs) you only need 1801 hrs or 45 weeks

SWORDFISH

you don't need 2080 hrs that would mean you worked every week and took no time off (40 hr x 52 weeks = 2080 hrs) you only need 1801 hrs or 45 weeks

I should have been more clear. To max out pension for the year in my state its 2080 and I know the math on that. My question to you is how many 40hr weeks do you work? LIke I said previously I missed a couple months and still maxed out last year. Now the minimum hours worked reqirement for a year for my area is actually much lower. I dont want to look it up right now but off hand I believe its 500hrs(about 90% sure). We have one of the best plans to my knowledge.:peaceful:

just interested

+1 and if they cut a driver enough days that driver will no longer have health benefits. All that adds up to much more than the extra $15 an hour they pay out per driver. Remember you earn no benefits on your over time. Our botton 5 drivers may not have any health benys all year.

Doesn't the teamster contract guarantee a minimum of weekly hours? How could the bottom 5 not qualify if there is a guarantee?

SWORDFISH

Doesn't the teamster contract guarantee a minimum of weekly hours? How could the bottom 5 not qualify if there is a guarantee?

You are only guaranteed hours if they call you in to work. Otherwise your not guaranteed any. They have cut so many routes in my center that the people at the bottom are all at home collecting unemployment w/ no bennys. Those of us that work on the otherhand are just all working more hours. So basically thier is still enough work but they want to pay lots of OT instead of taking care of the people that have been working for them.:peaceful:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are only guaranteed hours if they call you in to work. Otherwise your not guaranteed any. They have cut so many routes in my center that the people at the bottom are all at home collecting unemployment w/ no bennys. Those of us that work on the otherhand are just all working more hours. So basically thier is still enough work but they want to pay lots of OT instead of taking care of the people that have been working for them.:peaceful:

you only have to work four 10 hour days a month to get your benefits for the month...everybody in my neck of the woods are getting healthcare so the argument is void. Plus, cant you go back to the hub and work which means you get your health care...personally dont think they are saving much considering the huge amounts of ot that they are paying out...its not just a few hours.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You guys will love this one. I was running off my NDA and had a resi at the end of a side street. As I pull on to the street I see a package car heading toward me. This street had been cut from my area and the driver had just finished delivering all of the ground. Can you say tightest ship?

(To be fair, I am sure the PDS thought he would be delivering this street in the afternoon, which he probably should have.)

I have a business split which switches between me and my loop brother depending on volume. The Air is always dispatched to me. Many times I've delivered the Air after he already delivered the ground. Customers just laugh.