I have just been told I am transitioning to permanent hire.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Not at all. It just seems like every single post is covered with negativity and put downs by the vets. I just asked for some answers to the questions I posed and some congrats maybe lol? Not people trying to make put downs. But w-e post what you may.
Congrats man. Don't worry about the haters. As for your questions I don't have a clue, sorry. As for long term, just like any job you have to crawl before you can walk, the difference is you get paid better than most jobs. Just depends if you got the patience for it. Took me 12 years before I went full time, but I manned up and made it work.

throwbackk

Not at all. It just seems like every single post is covered with negativity and put downs by the vets. I just asked for some answers to the questions I posed and some congrats maybe lol? Not people trying to make put downs. But w-e post what you may.
Yeah for sure. This site is mainly a handful of guys being passive aggressive to newbies and then they circle jerk about how much they slack off and file grievances and tell their supes off.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Well, retired folks on here can sometimes give some insight and advice to some of the newer members on here who don't know how the cow eats the cabbage. I was there 38 years, going from p/t (14 months) to package driver (9 years) to feeder driver (28 years) There is hardly anything discussed on here that retired drivers haven't been there, done that, except maybe certain things concerning new technology. We can sometimes be a treasure trove of information. Last I looked, I wasn't anybody's homie. A little respect goes a long way on here.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah for sure. This site is mainly a handful of guys being passive aggressive to newbies and then they circle jerk about how much they slack off and file grievances and tell their supes off.

Why don't you cry to those eleven guys eligible for retirement in your center, and see how long they stick around just to mess with you?

watdaflock?

Most likely here in a few years (working at UPS) you'll only offer ridicule and sarcasm on the browncafe, just like most posters around here.

Congrats to working at UPS. Don't let all the old timers scare you away. This job is cake.

smapple

Think of them as grizzled old sailors that held in tears for so many years they became salty.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Why don't you cry to those eleven guys eligible for retirement in your center, and see how long they stick around just to mess with you?

Maybe they'll retire and spend all their free time productively participating on BC :).

specter208

I really doubt you will get a 2$ raise when you start. You are certain to get what ever you earn now. Preload will usually gets you more hours and and I believe starts at 11$ instead of 10$.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, retired folks on here can sometimes give some insight and advice to some of the newer members on here who don't know how the cow eats the cabbage. I was there 38 years, going from p/t (14 months) to package driver (9 years) to feeder driver (28 years) There is hardly anything discussed on here that retired drivers haven't been there, done that, except maybe certain things concerning new technology. We can sometimes be a treasure trove of information. Last I looked, I wasn't anybody's homie. A little respect goes a long way on here.

With all due respect, retirees, especially those 5 or more years removed, have little to offer to the discussion, other than stories of a UPS that no longer exists.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Is everyone from Up north as disrespectful as you, Dave? Or just you? You couldn't carry my diad or logbook as a driver. Put as much time in as I did, then come to me spouting your BS. Since I've only been retired 11 months, I guess I have your permission to hang around another 4 years? Apologies to you, BB;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rod has been retired for 13 years. He has absolutely no clue how much the company has changed yet insists upon telling stories of a company that no longer exists. That is why I added the "5 years or more" to my post.

As for your DIAD comment, you would be hard pressed to keep up with me. Dave.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did you miss the "with all due respect" part, Pops?
Those famous sayings we all know are going to end bad...
"With all due respect..."
"Not trying to offend you but..."
"Don't want to sound like I'm complaining but..."
"Not trying to be the bad guy but..."
"Please don't take this wrong..."

...and some I've recently come to realize were bad...

"Dinner was good but..."
"The outfit looks..."
"Is your diet..." (I couldn't finish that one so add your own)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I learned along time ago you can learn a lot from anyone. It sickens me when certain posts advocate that certain members be silenced because they don't fit a certain profile. I may not know anything about feeders but should I remain silent when I may have something to contribute? I haven't been a preloader for 27 years but does that mean I can't critique a loader or offer suggestions on how to load a package car. We all have something to say or we wouldn't be here. If you don't like what someone says use the ignore key.