I have just been told I am transitioning to permanent hire.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you're transitioning from seasonal to perm your seniority starts the day you are officially hired as a permanent employee. Your seasonal doesn't count for anything.

You're not going to get a pay raise until you reach a year unless you are in a skilled position. I know in my center we consider every preloader skilled while local sorters (or reload as you put it) is considered an unskilled position.

Your wait to go FT varies so much I'm not going to add too much more. In my center we have very low seniority guys (as in 6 months as a PTer) getting FT gigs, while other places you have to wait a decade. Now though does seem like the best time in a while to want to drive. We struggle to find PTers who actually want to do it.

Good luck and don't worry about disrespectful posts. Everybody blows off a little steam now and then. You're going to get it on any site.

Good luck and welcome.

HardknocksUPSer

If you're transitioning from seasonal to perm your seniority starts the day you are officially hired as a permanent employee. Your seasonal doesn't count for anything.

You're not going to get a pay raise until you reach a year unless you are in a skilled position. I know in my center we consider every preloader skilled while local sorters (or reload as you put it) is considered an unskilled position.

Your wait to go FT varies so much I'm not going to add too much more. In my center we have very low seniority guys (as in 6 months as a PTer) getting FT gigs, while other places you have to wait a decade. Now though does seem like the best time in a while to want to drive. We struggle to find PTers who actually want to do it.

Good luck and don't worry about disrespectful posts. Everybody blows off a little steam now and then. You're going to get it on any site.

Good luck and welcome.
Do you know if preloaders getting a raise before their yearly is a standard procedure? I'd like 25 cents lol

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Do you know if preloaders getting a raise before their yearly is a standard procedure? I'd like 25 cents lol
Ask your sup. I negotiated for a couple of my local sorters to get bumped up to skilled because they deserved it. I know it isn't a lot of money. But if you are worth more, you should be paid more.

HardknocksUPSer

Ask your sup. I negotiated for a couple of my local sorters to get bumped up to skilled because they deserved it. I know it isn't a lot of money. But if you are worth more, you should be paid more.
I'm loading 5 each morning 50 cents or even 25 cents wouldn't hurt my feelings, it would dang sure make it alittle easier.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sorters are supposed to be paid skilled according to the contract, no?
We call it local sort but it doesn't mean everybody is trained in sort. I have some guys who are skilled in other areas of the sort that deserve the raise. But because they don't know specifically the sorting side they don't get the raise.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Glad we elaborated on this issue with some of the oldheads and trolls on here disrespecting and derailing threads and thinking its ok.
Screenshot_2015-01-13-10-09-12.png
Isn't that like the Pot calling the Kettle black?

P.S. Your English is getting better.

You've Got Mail

I was laid off on Friday from my seasonal full-time driving position, and I'll be starting the 4-9am preload either next week or the week after. I'm fine with waiting a year or two max before being allowed to drive again, but any longer than that and I'll have to quit and find something better or else I'll stay poor forever and that's some major BS.

Trying to make it out of the ghetto on $800 a month is a joke.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was laid off on Friday from my seasonal full-time driving position, and I'll be starting the 4-9am preload either next week or the week after. I'm fine with waiting a year or two max before being allowed to drive again, but any longer than that and I'll have to quit and find something better or else I'll stay poor forever and that's some major BS.

800 a month is very optimistic...

PT Car Washer

Are you telling us you will just work one PT job for a year or two in hope of eventually getting a FT driving job? Anything stopping you from getting another PT or FT job while you are waiting? I guess you will just have to stay poor forever and blame it on "the man keeping me down".

HardknocksUPSer

Look for a second PT job, it's not hard just ask around your center, almost every preloader at my center has a second job. I've already been offered 3 jobs from insiders mostly because they know co-workers are going to be reliable and have the same schedule as them. If you want work there's a job to do I promise.