(I know it will never happen) but Could Part-Time UPS Teamsters take over their Locals?

Integrity

Binge Poster
If it is true that 70% of UPS Teamsters are Part-Time then it would seem to me that, mathematically speaking, it would be quite possible for Part-Timer’s to control the simple majority in their locals.

What say you?

542thruNthru

If it is true that 70% of UPS Teamsters are Part-Time then it would seem to me that, mathematically speaking, it would be quite possible for Part-Timer’s to control the simple majority in their locals.

What say you?
You do realize most locals represent more than just UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What say you?
If they exercised their right, sure they could dictate policy. In theory anyway.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just as I thought.

Good luck getting the UPS ranks to vote in a local election when they can't even vote on their own contract.
That is certainly a conundrum.

I think some kind of miracle might be needed in combinationluck.

I believe if these numbers are true then this significant power over the majority is and probably will be untapped by the very people who often use lack of power for their very reason not to vote.

Go figure.

Big Rigger

That is certainly a conundrum.

I think some kind of miracle might be needed in combinationluck.

I believe if these numbers are true then this significant power over the majority is and probably will be untapped by the very people who often use lack of power for their very reason not to vote.

Go figure.
Being a master of the obvious Howard?
It easier to sell hair straightener in China.
Sincerely,

~B~

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
FT upsers are there just to be there. the minority of PT in attendance are actually very vocal. It's the same with teamsters from other companies.
It's more like the vast majority of PT know nothing but the few that do are almost radicalized lol.
PT attendance as a percentage is close to %10. Which I believe is extremely high compared to plenty of other locals.

Because PT wages are already so low... we tend to not get very much backlash for what they ask for.

Last edited: