I lost my job because a manager didnt like me

Raw

Raw Member
Originally Posted by The-UK-Guy
I cant, I `m on workers comp, have had surgery on my shoulder ,am very stressed out ,cant sleep due to nightmares of a large taco wearing a suit and tie makeing me work with a dislocated shoulder , on to many pills and afraid of public places .
yeah this guy's full of shiite.
What a walking disaster ! Good thing this guy is a total fake or I`d be worried about his " family " .

Raw

Raw Member
Raw:

It's people like you who have no consideration and understand ing for human kind! I'll always remember, quoting one individual who commented to UPS management from the Labor Department in Colorado: "Your days are numbered" How true this can be when one treats people with disrespect for no compassion for his fellow human being; that the comment you made on this site will some day bite you in the a**!
Gee, and if I was super sweet to EVERYONE than " my days " wouldn`t be numbered and then what ? I don`t understand. Everyone would be nice to me and I could break all the rules and still stay employed? Oh darn, I sure blew it!!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Listen man, you keep trying to dis-credit me for whatever reason you may have, but belive it or not Raw this really happened to me. It doesnt matter what you do or say or what you belive to be the truth or your opinion of me and my situation You can use my posts out of context and twist them around to support your accusations and dis belief of my situation, you may even beat me in a match of witts and make me look like a total maroon (I do a good job of that myself) but you cant change what happened . The people that are important to me namely my family support and belive me and thats all that matters. While most people on here were helping me out and being supportive and encourageing wether they belived me or not you took it upon yourself to be a persistant thorn in my side and constantly attack my posts stateing the obvious over and over like a bad record skipping over a crap song . Your a typical Hater, Your life is so crap youre only happy in other peoples misery . I wish that I could quote somebody intelectual right now , but all that comes to mind is
Dont hate the Playa
Hate the Game
You mentioned that you would be worried , well
Save your worries Raw I dont want them Its over now. I dont think you would ever worry about anything but yourself anyway . One of your first statements was" We dont like drunks at UPS good riddence " well who`s this we huh ? even big brown for whatever reason has seen fit to give me another chance at it . People like you suck Raw . Now stop flogging a dead horse . If you just shut up it will all pass by like a bad dream. Keep dragging it into the light and it will never go away . Everyones over it dude ,you`re starting to look like the obsessive annoying kid from down the street .
GET OVER IT @ GET YOUR OWN LIFE I`m not worth it dude honestly I`m just a regular guy that got himself in tite spot thats all . And one other thing dude , dont think that you intimidate me for 1 second with your macho crap , I`m a lover not a fighter , I`ve had the :censored2: kicked out of me by bigger and better people than you tough guy , Ive also got some lucky shots in , enough to know that luck can get you a hell `ov`a long way when its got a few prayers behind it. There is nothing that you can ever do or say that I hav`nt dealt with once before man look at me for christs sake i`ve looked like this since I was 18 ( horrible isnt it) and Ive had to deal with RAWS since then also. I guess that was my choice when I decided to vandalise my body (and when I decided to pop some suds in the office ) People like you start wars dude maybe you oughta drink a beer , but trust me , wait till you get home .

Raw

Raw Member
Listen man, you keep trying to dis-credit me for whatever reason you may have, but belive it or not Raw this really happened to me. It doesnt matter what you do or say or what you belive to be the truth or your opinion of me and my situation You can use my posts out of context and twist them around to support your accusations and dis belief of my situation, you may even beat me in a match of witts and make me look like a total maroon (I do a good job of that myself) but you cant change what happened . The people that are important to me namely my family support and belive me and thats all that matters. While most people on here were helping me out and being supportive and encourageing wether they belived me or not you took it upon yourself to be a persistant thorn in my side and constantly attack my posts stateing the obvious over and over like a bad record skipping over a crap song . Your a typical Hater, Your life is so crap youre only happy in other peoples misery . I wish that I could quote somebody intelectual right now , but all that comes to mind is
Dont hate the Playa
Hate the Game
You mentioned that you would be worried , well
Save your worries Raw I dont want them Its over now. I dont think you would ever worry about anything but yourself anyway . One of your first statements was" We dont like drunks at UPS good riddence " well who`s this we huh ? even big brown for whatever reason has seen fit to give me another chance at it . People like you suck Raw . Now stop flogging a dead horse . If you just shut up it will all pass by like a bad dream. Keep dragging it into the light and it will never go away . Everyones over it dude ,you`re starting to look like the obsessive annoying kid from down the street .
GET OVER IT @ GET YOUR OWN LIFE I`m not worth it dude honestly I`m just a regular guy that got himself in tite spot thats all . And one other thing dude , dont think that you intimidate me for 1 second with your macho crap , I`m a lover not a fighter , I`ve had the sh@t kicked out of me by bigger and better people than you tough guy , Ive also got some lucky shots in , enough to know that luck can get you a hell `ov`a long way when its got a few prayers behind it. There is nothing that you can ever do or say that I hav`nt dealt with once before man look at me for christs sake i`ve looked like this since I was 18 ( horrible isnt it) and Ive had to deal with RAWS since then also. I guess that was my choice when I decided to vandalise my body (and when I decided to pop some suds in the office ) People like you start wars dude maybe you oughta drink a beer , but trust me , wait till you get home .
To quote a common saying " thats more information than I needed " but thanks for the advise about waiting to drink beer until I get home !

balland chain

At my building it is posted in the parking lot that alcohol is prohibited on company property..We use to have guys go grab a 6 pack from the store on the corner each friday night before the signs went up.. Well, the signs went up, some guys did not notice them and went about their regular routine.. They were busted for drinking on company property.. I don't think they were fired though.. But, drinking in the building, that may be the nail in the coffin.. I hope it is not, and I hope you recover from surgery and get help from the union.. My advice from my personal experiences, get an attorney. It will cost you some cash, a lot of cash, but if you want your job back you are going to need to spend it on that attorney.. Some attorneys will give you a free consultation first.. I would most definitely make appointments, state your case and see if they feel they can help you.. I would also check either with your local or the DC union to see if any grievances have been filed that may set a precedence .. GL

Con1989

I have been an employee at ups for over 15 years, I have never had a problem and always loved my job , up until last year that .
A new building manager was appointed to the cerritos hub mid year , I had heard rumers that he was there to clean house. I didnt pay to much attention to this as I am a hard worker and an honest empoyee , so what should I have to watch my back for ??
What I didnt count on was this guy just takeing an immediate dislikeing to me, I`m a well liked person and try my best to be respectful and polite to everyone, what i didnt realise was that it was not me , it was the tattoos I have on my arms . I was told I had to wear long sleeve shirts and must cover them at all times, I wasnt even alowed to order my own uniforms long sleeve shirts were ordered for me. Now I could understand if i had a naked women or vulgarities on my skin that could be offensive, but I have nothing like that at all , its mostly asian , a few cherry blossoms and some koi fish.
This guy was watching everything I did, he would call my center manager to see if I was late punching in , he would check my time everyday and even wrote me up for being 1 minute early takeing my lunch.
I was makeing my first bulk stop of the morning and dislocated my shoulder lifting an oversize package onto the dock, it was in agony , I called the center around 9 30 am and explained my situation to them and was told to wait for a supervisor to arrive . after what seemed like an eternity i was met by an on road sup. I was a little confused as to how he expected me to drive one of the trucks back to the hub , but he explained how I would actually be spending the rest of the day sitting in the jump seat navigating for him.
We returned to the hub around 8.00 pm , that is one of the worst days of my life , I felt sick to my stomach, I had hot chills and was running a fever,
I called in the injury and was told to take off the rest of the week if I wished (rather than go to the clinic ) It was late and i just wanted to get home to see the wife and kids, the thought of a 4 day weekend was very appealing , I had been trying to get a couple of days off for over a month with no luck so thats what i did .
I reported for work 8.30 monday morning feeling ok but I could tell there was something seriusly wrong with my shoulder . I informed my center manager of this and requested a visit to the clinic but he explained how they were very short staffed and if there would be any way I could possibly hold off a couple of days as the staffing should be better towards the middle of the week. Reluctently I agreed to work the Monday but i wasnt sure if I could make it through to Wed and I would play it by ear.
The day went quite well and i got a little help from my center team. On the way into the building i saw a taco truck parked and decided to eat, I called my center team to ask if anyone was hungry and ended up buying a dozen or so tacos for the dispatch and a few sup`s.
After I CLOCKED OUT for the evening I went into the center office to B S and eat a few tacos , I never imagened how a kind guesture could turn around and bite me so hard, i got some grissle out of the taco stck in my throat , not only was I choking but it was hot as hell, I couldnt breath or ask for help all i could do was point at my throat and wonder why no one was doing anything to help me, I could feel myself starting to pass out and was in full panic mode.
luckily for me one of my customers had given me a gift basket that day which included some cheese,crackers varius chips and some bottles of imported beer.
I grabbed one of the beers from the basket and took 2 or 3 huge gulps, dislodgeing the taco from my throat. Forgetting about the pain in my arm and feeling lucky to be alive I went home.
As I was walking towards the time clock tuesday morning around 8.15 I could see the building manager standing by the time clock with a big smile on his face , looking remarkably like the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland. He still had that grin on his face the whole time that I was at my fitness for duty test and also while he terminated my employment for drinking alcahol on company property. I dont know for a fact , but I bet he had a smile on his face when he canceled my health insurance knowing I have 3 children 1 with a heart condition. my insurance ran out 2 days later .
I tried for 3 weeks to get a hold of someone at UPS to take care of my shoulder injury in the end I gave up and hired lawyer .
I have been off work for 8 months now , I have had a major operation on my shoulder and am looking at at least 3 more months of theropy before I will be able to see what use of my arm i will get back. my house is going to for close any day I am eating vicadine like m @ m`s I ` ll be lucky if my family pulls through this one together , my poor wife is going through hell Thank God my children have not been sick and my daughter has not had any problems with her heart , The union has told me dont call us w`ell call you , they are sick of me calling everyday to find out whats going on . How long should this B S take , I just want an answer so I can get on with the rest of my life, .8 months waiting for an arbitration where they will probably can me anyway . Then what? , Ive worked for UPS since i was 18 they have ruined my shoulder and seem to want to ruin my life. there is going to be a lot of you who think this is B.S but please belive me it is not ! it is far from it , please spare me the sarchasm and ridicule , I need some good advice or info as to what I can do to either speed up the arbatration process or what my next move should be

Is the manager you're talking about named Ron?

TUT

No need to name names on here friend.

FIRST LOL FOR BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE GRAVE!

Sometimes I wonder if we put crutches on ourselves? Why can't we? This is public. Social Media has no problem. You can go outside and scream it. Its like most companies don't want people talking wages, but things like pro-sports the players do purposely, they do it because they want to know what others are making so they can leverage that to make more themselves. This guy if you take his word for it has a serious issue. If he names a person or not, it doesn't mean I have to agree with it or believe it. He could go to Facebook or Twitter right now and say whatever he damn well feels like. I guess I don't understand the difference. I think its in our heads. Perhaps if he did put it there and then a link here, that is ok. But you see that is just silly then.