I lost my job because a manager didnt like me

Overpaid Union Thug

I used to get the Teamsters magazine and would it seemed like there was an article bragging about how they got someone's job back. Some clearly deserved it and some didn't. I remember one about a Feeder guy that had been disciplined numerous times for drinking on the job. He was eventually rehired. Maybe The-Uk-Guy will be too.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
The only reason that I visit this websight my freinds, appart from intresting conversation , is to stock up on ammo (Legal) for my last stand. I was at my wits end a couple of weeks ago, but thanks to information I received on this site I have Retained a workers comp Lawyer, Filed a complaint with OSHA, contacted the EEOC and the NLB , informed my local union (396) that I need documents that I am Legaly entitled to and made sure they follow through. I am also in the process of retaining an attorney to follow through on any civil rights or discrimination laws that may have been bent or broken leeding up to my termination. and last but by no meens least I received an arbatration date . coincidence ? Maybe who knows , at least now I have a Final date , July 1 that UPS has pushed for ,so they cant postpone it . Not knowing when has been the worst part of this whole fiasco . I have a sinking feeling in my stomache thats telling me I`m not going to win this one. Its a very strange feeling, despite everything thats happened I am very sad to think that I may not be putting my browns on again . I started working there the day after my 18th birthday and to this day i am still proud to say I work (or worked) for UPS , Its all I know and Ive done an honest job for an honest salary for 15 years . thanks to the insurance my wife has had 3 healthy babys and not had to ever worry about medical issues . I also have them to thank for not haveing typical British (Austin Powers) teeth due to the great dental plan. All in all I have had a great carreer at UPS and I would drop every suit and lawyer if I could get my job back . Thats all I want . The fact is , appart from events leading up to where I`m at right now I really dont have a bad thing to say against brown . It just sucks that there was one B####rd in managment who for some reason had it in for me. and I know that bringing those beer s in was stupid , live and learn i guess . So thanks to everyone for there input , especialy toonortoo,cole,705red,brownman15,critic112 and even you Tieguy I do appreciate all the advice .
any how, I have an arbatration to lose and a lot of phone calls to make . so my next post will be july 2nd with the verdict .
Oh yeah RAW , James Gandolfini aka tony suprano has just come out of the closet and is a homosexual. I suggest changeing your avitar as you are an insult to gays everywhere. Loser!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have an arbatration to lose and a lot of phone calls to make . so my next post will be july 2nd with the verdict .

Dont go in with that attitude, go in positive with your head held high. From reading you will see that many who did worse than you, if you had done all you were accused of were made whole. And work here again. I wish you luck as you sound like one who really cared and liked what you did, and that is worth alot. Give it your best. Good Luck.

trickpony1

UK Guy-
I agree with Tooner.
You may win this one. Back pay? I don't know.
The reason I think you might win this is because, unless there is more to your story, the panel often looks to see if there is a pattern or trend.

Has this guy been talked to about coming to work drunk?
Has this guy been talked to about drinking on the job?
Has this guy been seen getting snot slinging drunk every night after work?
Has this guy had any DUI's?
Is this guy a good worker:
comes to work every day?
runs reasonable numbers?
doesn't call in sick all the time?
doesn't complain and bitch all the time?
If/when you go to panel I WOULD NOT use the "manager doesn't like me" excuse. Swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake and assure everyone it will not happen again.
Personally, I have to wonder why you would want to socialize with those people anyway either on or off the job but that's not the point right now.
I wish you luck and, as someone else said, what you did COULD HAVE BEEN much worse.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Trick, most of those people are probaly gone now. Although I have never been in this position, I did have a few who didnt like me. Hard to imagine I know, but they dont last as long as we do. maybe they didnt like me coz I was a woman, well liked by others, older, saracstic, who would know. Sometimes people just dont like each other, why could be a mystery. It could be the reason, but I agree, I would go on the fact and not the assumption. If you want back that bad, and if you had good working relationships with the rest of the crew, I can see why you would want to go back. There is a comraderie amongst us that is like no other place of employment.

Last edited:

Channahon

I cant, I `m on workers comp, have had surgery on my shoulder ,am very stressed out ,cant sleep due to nightmares of a large taco wearing a suit and tie makeing me work with a dislocated shoulder , on to many pills and afraid of public places .

Forget writing a book on this, a movie would be far more entertaining. I would go to Hollywood with this story, surely someone would pick it up.

How in the world can you function? Too many pills and afraid of public places? Lawyers, arbitration, depositions, you need to get yourself together and quick, if you want your job back at UPS

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I was being sarchastic when I said about the pills and being afraid of public places and dreams of killer tacos in responce to Ti eGuys sarchastic suggestion of me showing up for work in the morning . Everything else is gospal.

hoser

Industrial Slob
You surmized it much better than I could.
I'm employed by UPS because I believe in the company as a WHOLE. I do not believe in my hub or my supervisor, but the CORPORATION ITSELF takes care of me. The pay is fair. The benefits are beyond fair. The tuition reimbursement is just unspeakable. While friends face $15-20k student loan debt, I face $0k because my employer paid for it.

I also am staying at UPS because I have learned a lot. That unions aren't so bad, which fights to pick and not pick, how to communicate, how to deal with difficult people, how to circumvent rules into your favor (in other words: how to screw the hub over and not be doing a single thing wrong with respect to union and company regulations). I've learned a lot about myself, people, power structures, leadership, the working world. After I finish with UPS, I will take these skills with me wherever I go, and I can respect UPS at the end of the day; although the work sucked, they paid my tuition and I got something out of it deeper than the weekly direct deposits. I'll take that over an enjoyable working environment at FedEx Express and 25% of the tuition reimbursement that I receive from UPS.

You can whine and complain, or you can put your head down and work. I prefer the latter. The people that last there do the latter, as well.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I cant, I `m on workers comp, have had surgery on my shoulder ,am very stressed out ,cant sleep due to nightmares of a large taco wearing a suit and tie makeing me work with a dislocated shoulder , on to many pills and afraid of public places .
yeah this guy's full of shiite.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I didnt start this stupid slagging match Big Tough Raw who hides behind the picture of a tv tough guy keeps putting his 2 cents in I wont sit here and be the bigger person when I am haveing so much fun reading his new posts.