I MADE IT!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I congratulate you, and admire the achievement. I hope I can post that same thing here, in 6 1/2 yrs! Enjoy!!!!

reydluap

I'm sticking it out for a few more years. I'm 48 years old. Healthy and have a well set up PAS route. I really enjoy seeing the people on my route. When UPS becomes work.....I'll throw in the towel.

Channahon

Happy UPS Anniversary!!
You are a trooper - did you ever think you'd stay this long?
Time for the countdown to retirement???

DS

Fenderbender
Thats around 50.000 hours...I'm hoping I can hang in there 10 more years,those bowflex deliveries are a bitch with a walker...I did a search for this day in history...rhino records released thier first LP,a week later Ted Bundy is accused of murder,and fantasy island debuts on tv...kind of weird thinking back to what I was doing 30 years ago....I was working at music distributors for a few years selling 8 tracks,LP's and cassettes. I asked the boss for $15 an hour and he topped out at $12.50 and one day I got talking to the ups driver doing our pickup...the rest is history.
I have to hand it to you ,and I'm impressed that you still like your job.
cheers.

25yrvet

Congrats!!

It's great that you still enjoy it!
I useta love it; now days I just like it, but how mant people can say that about their job?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
CONGRATS!! At 23, I can't see myself staying with an employer for long than 3 years and certainly no longer than 5. I also have this insatiable wanderlust. If I like the employer and I'm still feeling happy and challenged by the job, I'll ask for a transfer. If not....the grass looks soft and green on the other side of that fence!:happy-very: -Rocky

1st off, Rey Congrats on the thirty. Here's hoping that the next nine seem like a moment in time. Good Luck to you.

2nd, Rocky. When I was 23 I was ten foot tall and bullet proof also. I just knew nothing would ever happen to me that could jeopardize my future but I woke up one morning and wondered how I was gonna pay for the necessities of life without a job, insurance and a retirement of some type and realized that only through longevity with one company/career could I hedge my bet on live. Good Luck to you

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
CONGRATS!! At 23, I can't see myself staying with an employer for long than 3 years and certainly no longer than 5. I also have this insatiable wanderlust. If I like the employer and I'm still feeling happy and challenged by the job, I'll ask for a transfer. If not....the grass looks soft and green on the other side of that fence!:happy-very: -Rocky
this quote speaks volumes on your generation, grow up and get a job that will give you a better financial life!!!! ding matt holiday want to get away lol lol lol go sox

IDoLessWorkThanMost

To the author: congratulations on 30 years! Did UPS give you a nice plague and some aleve? :biting:

this quote speaks volumes on your generation, grow up and get a job that will give you a better financial life!!!! ding matt holiday want to get away lol lol lol go sox

You are correct, but it's more an age/immaturity thing than generation. Don't you remember what it's like to be early 20's? I would imagine once you reach 28-33 generally people start think more about the future rather than just the present.

Personally 29 here with 7 years part and full time, 4.5 pension payable. I never expected to be UPS'ing it until 30 but it looks that way.

This job has helped achieve some of my goals per endeavors as a musician, so as I really dislike my job and dealing with unhappy customers 8 hours a day and their problems, the big picture is what really counts. Plus the hours are killer (11:30-8:30)

reydluap

To the author: congratulations on 30 years! Did UPS give you a nice plague and some aleve?

They presented me a plaque, key chain, two cakes and AN 8 HOURS OF WORK DAY! In the plaque box was the gift award catalog and I'm actually very impressed with the choices that I can choose from. But the 8 hour day was the best!

upsgrunt

To the author: congratulations on 30 years! Did UPS give you a nice plague and some aleve?

They presented me a plaque, key chain, two cakes and AN 8 HOURS OF WORK DAY! In the plaque box was the gift award catalog and I'm actually very impressed with the choices that I can choose from. But the 8 hour day was the best!

Did you have to put in a request 2 days before that or did they do it out of the kindness of their hearts?:happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Nicely done.
I hit my 30th last year & it took mgt 7 months to find the time to give me my stuff, as for food they sent over some & came by to eat it all.