I need drivers opinions.....

UPSER110

Not sure where you are from but here once you are a TCD you pay never drops back down. I make 21.13/hr and it will only go up. We just had a guy go friend/t the was a tcd he had enough time to be top scale. Plus that 16.10 is a non seniority employee, it goes up to 17.25 I think for seniority employees.

undies

I waited 2.5 years to get full time pay. I'd do it all over again if I had to. Despite the BS you put up with as the "bitch" of the center that first top pay check just washes your troubles away.

@Souther Comfort...I'm 39...Well I'll be 40 in June....In response to your post...Thats why I have decided to suck it up..I know they are guys who would kill for this opportunity....As a matter of fact theres a guy in the same position as you...I'm not sure how long he's been with the company or how long he's been driving...But I bumped him from going FT(not intentionally...I just signed the bid list when it came up) and he is HOT...So as I stated before I know this is a blessing and I'll just stick it out...But I'll tell you what...Those 30 resi's I was doing in a hour for 27, was bumped down today to 20 in a hour for the 16.10:wink-very:...On a side note...I heard with the new contract that we might be getting a raise...any one else heard of that?

SouthernComfort

I have no real ill feelings towards the guys that come up 5 years after me that were in college, or maybe has 3 kids and cant afford childcare so he stays home during the day and works night at UPS Ive made maybe $200,000 more from the company than they have. When they were working a full time bs job, and then part time at ups to bring home $450/week I was 22 years old swinging $50,000 or more a year and only working 45hrs compared to their 60!! What bitters me, is when their full time company laid off employees in the pit of the economic down fall they all flooded HR to become drivers, they were trained(poorly) and were given a plush route for 30 days.... meanwhile Im on a different route everyday getting creamed! Now these guys don't know many routes, and wont be sent out cold on one either, so the weight falls on me again. It just bites when you get that message at 5pm to call up driver X and go help him out because hes belly up with 150 stops even though I went out with 170....I think that when you go cover your driving seniority should start then, regardless of what your part time seniority is. When I request a Friday off and its gets denied because driver X wants that day and he has more seniority, but Ive been driving for 6 years longer than him it makes my blood boil, and yeah.... that same driver is the guy I had to go help Tuesday of that same week, now hes screwed me twice this week..but oblivious of it. Mark dont take this the wrong way buddy, but who do you think is forced to pick up the slack of "Those 30 resi's I was doing in a hour for 27, was bumped down today to 20 in a hour for the 16.10"<------ thats right man...... ME!!!!

@SouthernComfort....When I was doing the 30 stops an hour, at 4:30 they're sending me messages to go help so and so....I pick up 30 stops from him... at 6:30 I get another message to go help so and so and get 15 easy stops from him....So I know what you mean...When I do those 20 an hour I don't have anyone else come help me...I just don't have to slave and go help 2-3 drivers AFTER I complete my route...And don't get me wrong...I don't mind helping...but somedays I like to be off the clock by 6:30 ish...Believe me brother I feel your pain....

anonymous4

Holy **** you big baby. I've been waiting for almost 10 years to go full time. With this new scam of a contract it will be 4 years to reach top rate. You probably have a valid gripe but given what a lot of us are experiencing, you have it made.