I need to get a few things straight (Please help).

Red Dawn

Doesnt he only have 10 days to file grievances on pay adjustments? So nothing but the last 2 weeks could be?
in southern region no time limits on pay claims...although the longer you wait will only weaken your case. Or go threw the feds. department of labor. they will only go back 9months.

chopstic

Thats pure horse ****... If it was the reverse and you were reporting your hours to show you were working more than you actually were, you would get fired on the spot. But if a supervisor purposely reports you working less hours than you actually did, he probably wont even be disciplined. I think the punishment should be equal.. stealing time goes both ways!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well check with your steward to see what youre supplement, make sure your clocking accurately and keeping track of hours....and for the breaks if youre not paid take it off, theres no just because in it, if youre paid and you work it see what the common practice is (whether its just straight or you get 10 mins added)
Drewed why would you turn this and spin it to make the poster think its his fault?

jimstud

Banned
as a part timer your break is a paid break so stop working through them as for the rest you should be punching a time clock and not trusting the sups. by the way i am a steward

gandydancer

as a part timer your break is a paid break so stop working through them as for the rest you should be punching a time clock and not trusting the sups. by the way i am a steward

I assume he IS punching out, but the card swipe is ignored.

Whenever I punch out of my first shift at 10pm the Blair Brown responds "DUPLICATE PUNCH EXISTS". This is because the pt Revenue Recovery supe enters my clock-out time before she leaves. If I clock out after 10pm they still only pay me until 10pm and I end up shorted. Then I have to get that fixed, which results in delayed wages and is often screwed up. I've told her boss they can't enter bogus times like this, but he insists that's the procedure and they are going to keep doing it.

And I'm also fighting him over his "instruction" that I clock out at 10p. I don't have or see a clock where I work, and may or may not have my phone, so my position is that they can personally instruct me to immediately stash my tools and supplies (scale, tape, rubber stamp...) and clock out at any time, but that if they leave it up to me to estimate and I end up a few minutes over they have to pay my hours and try suspending me afterwards, if they think they've got a "failure to follow instructions" case.

And Friday (Saturday morning, actually) when I went to clock out the display read "CLOCK-IN ONLY 03:10:12", which means the coordinator had already closed his books by clocking everyone still working out. But that's a different issue. Related, though. Management not letting the "time clocks" function as time clocks, DESPITE THE CONTRACT saying we're supposed to have functioning time clocks.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I assume he IS punching out, but the card swipe is ignored.

Whenever I punch out of my first shift at 10pm the Blair Brown responds "DUPLICATE PUNCH EXISTS". This is because the pt Revenue Recovery supe enters my clock-out time before she leaves. If I clock out after 10pm they still only pay me until 10pm and I end up shorted. Then I have to get that fixed, which results in delayed wages and is often screwed up. I've told her boss they can't enter bogus times like this, but he insists that's the procedure and they are going to keep doing it.

And I'm also fighting him over his "instruction" that I clock out at 10p. I don't have or see a clock where I work, and may or may not have my phone, so my position is that they can personally instruct me to immediately stash my tools and supplies (scale, tape, rubber stamp...) and clock out at any time, but that if they leave it up to me to estimate and I end up a few minutes over they have to pay my hours and try suspending me afterwards, if they think they've got a "failure to follow instructions" case.

And Friday (Saturday morning, actually) when I went to clock out the display read "CLOCK-IN ONLY 03:10:12", which means the coordinator had already closed his books by clocking everyone still working out. But that's a different issue. Related, though. Management not letting the "time clocks" function as time clocks, DESPITE THE CONTRACT saying we're supposed to have functioning time clocks.

Tell your steward call hall they have the right to ask for time cards and check them for inconsistencies

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Tell your steward call hall they have the right to ask for time cards and check them for inconsistencies

That's funny, I have told 3 stewards that management refuses to give me a time card after payroll errors week after week after week and not one of them could get me one.

And then after months of haggling, I get one and it doesn't work.

UPSNewbie

In my past center, we only had little 10" x 5" computers on the wall to type in your employee ID and hit PUNCH IN/PUNCH OUT.

When I started, I always wrote my times, just out of curiosity. This was before I knew that UPS wasn't the nicest kid in the sand box. My supe, who I had the most respect for, got offended. He asked if I didn't trust him.

Paranoia... :sweating:

So how do you punch in time? Just curious.

gandydancer

In my past center, we only had little 10" x 5" computers on the wall to type in your employee ID and hit PUNCH IN/PUNCH OUT.

...So how do you punch in time? Just curious.

We have both the "little computers" (mfr?) and the Blair Browns, which take a card with a barcode. And they've got two different payroll systems, and part of the problem with me is that I was clocking in under the hub system (Blair Browns) but being paid out of the other, which is used by the centers. They shifted me to the little computer on Monday, for the first shift only, but it's now moot since my MRI came in and I went from "unrestricted" to "not more than 5 lbs" (three rotator cuff muscles torn, incl one totally separated). (Actually the company doctor sent me back to work "unrestricted" AFTER seeing the MRIs, and I had to see my ortho guy to find out that my concerns were justified that doing revenue recovery work, even modified so that I wasn't lifting my right arm above my head, might produce further tearing the two muscles with partial complete tears. But I'm off subject...)

There's language in our contract (Supplement or Rider) requiring a printing time clock if requested, and one was installed on one of the pt supe's desks a couple years ago but broke and disappeared very shortly afterwards. And there was one in one of the centers last time it was suggested to me that I use one. But demonstrating what's going on isn't really a problem. The systems have audit trails and UPS' refusal to produce that at panel would be dispositive, I think. There's also language requring management to post any edits they make to the time system, if it comes to that. But it's not as if they ever contest my numbers, they just play dumb and promise to fix things but don't ever catch up. The last time they caught up, in January, I filed for penalty pay, since I had all the emails necessary to show how they'd dicked around for months. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

UPSNewbie

We have both the "little computers" (mfr?) and the Blair Browns, which take a card with a barcode. And they've got two different payroll systems, and part of the problem with me is that I was clocking in under the hub system (Blair Browns) but being paid out of the other, which is used by the centers. They shifted me to the little computer on Monday, for the first shift only, but it's now moot since my MRI came in and I went from "unrestricted" to "not more than 5 lbs" (three rotator cuff muscles torn, incl one totally separated). (Actually the company doctor sent me back to work "unrestricted" AFTER seeing the MRIs, and I had to see my ortho guy to find out that my concerns were justified that doing revenue recovery work, even modified so that I wasn't lifting my right arm above my head, might produce further tearing the two muscles with partial complete tears. But I'm off subject...)

There's language in our contract (Supplement or Rider) requiring a printing time clock if requested, and one was installed on one of the pt supe's desks a couple years ago but broke and disappeared very shortly afterwards. And there was one in one of the centers last time it was suggested to me that I use one. But demonstrating what's going on isn't really a problem. The systems have audit trails and UPS' refusal to produce that at panel would be dispositive, I think. There's also language requring management to post any edits they make to the time system, if it comes to that. But it's not as if they ever contest my numbers, they just play dumb and promise to fix things but don't ever catch up. The last time they caught up, in January, I filed for penalty pay, since I had all the emails necessary to show how they'd dicked around for months. We'll see how that goes.

I didn't even get a doctor from UPS. Just a PA, though he did work with me and getting restrictions.