I passed my driving training - feeling good!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
C'mon, Dave. Don't be a buzzkill.
You know Coz, in all fairness, he's right the new hires have no idea what to expect. HR tells them it will be a 9-5 job with sunshine and lillies, management tells them it will be one way totally different, their peers tell them something else....a newbies head will explode. The new hires in my building, some of them are already talking about looking for another job. I feel bad for anyone hired now and most definitely in the future.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You know Coz, in all fairness, he's right the new hires have no idea what to expect. HR tells them it will be a 9-5 job with sunshine and lillies, management tells them it will be one way totally different, their peers tell them something else....a newbies head will explode. The new hires in my building, some of them are already talking about looking for another job. I feel bad for anyone hired now and most definitely in the future.
AMEN BROTHER SCOOBY lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a guy that had been here 7 years as a preloader. Quit after 6 months of driving because his wife said he had to be home by 5 everyday to take care of the kids. She worked too hard at her office job. Lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I totally agree with you.

But, this new guy has a good attitude, and maybe should be encouraged.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I totally agree with you.

But, this new guy has a good attitude, and maybe should be encouraged.
Point taken. I see these go-get-em attitudes and for my example in my center, they just get so discouraged and so fed up that they are wanting to find new jobs after less than a year. That's a sad state to be in and it's the company's fault for letting people get to that point.

PT Car Washer

Point taken. I see these go-get-em attitudes and for my example in my center, they just get so discouraged and so fed up that they are wanting to find new jobs after less than a year. That's a sad state to be in and it's the company's fault for letting people get to that point.
Last year my building hired like crazy FT drivers for peak. After peak the lowest seniority have been laid off and working inside for most of the year and only driving now and then. So what does UPS do? Hire more FT drivers for this peak.

UPyourS

Trust me, they didn't tell us that. Lol

UPyourS

Last year my building hired like crazy FT drivers for peak. After peak the lowest seniority have been laid off and working inside for most of the year and only driving now and then. So what does UPS do? Hire more FT drivers for this peak.
LOL yea forget that. I wear the pants.