I retired yesterday!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Well guys, Rainshield has called it a day. I drove out of the parking lot for the last time last night.

26 years ago I was a young dumb college kid who did not have any idea what UPS was about other than they paid $8.00 per hour and I would have weekends off.

I am one of those part-timers who just couldn't give it up while being an entrepreneur. The insurance was the main reason for staying after college. Back then I worked at an Airport facility that did not offer full-time jobs, so I hung around for the insurance.

Later, I was able to follow some work to a near by hub. By that time my business was doing well, so I decided to see if I could stay long enough for 25 and out.

Got married about 9 years ago to a wonderful woman with a wonderful career. Heck, she makes more than I would be making if I was a driver.

With my business doing well, and her career doing well, believe me, these last 9 years have been tough to stay on board, but I knew I could make it, and now starting 10/1/15 I will be getting my pension check at the age 46 every month.

People have told me I was crazy for staying on when the income was not a necessity, but I knew this day would come.

Was it worth it? I say yes.

Shut up, you.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Congrats!! I love to hear these stories too! Enjoy your retirement, as a fellow part timer it is awesome to see a fellow upser complete there journey. Enjoy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Rain Shield on a well-earned retirement. Did you work at the Atlanta Gateway and Forest Park Hub at one time? You sound like somebody I met once.

Ouch

Are you getting soft in your old age?-------you forgot to give him your standard speech about not being welcome on Brown Cafe anymore and how you are going to disappear when you retire. Don't forget to mention you were hired off the street and how good you are at your job.....................
Disapear after retirement? By all means please retire.

Well guys, Rainshield has called it a day. I drove out of the parking lot for the last time last night.

26 years ago I was a young dumb college kid who did not have any idea what UPS was about other than they paid $8.00 per hour and I would have weekends off.

I am one of those part-timers who just couldn't give it up while being an entrepreneur. The insurance was the main reason for staying after college. Back then I worked at an Airport facility that did not offer full-time jobs, so I hung around for the insurance.

Later, I was able to follow some work to a near by hub. By that time my business was doing well, so I decided to see if I could stay long enough for 25 and out.

Got married about 9 years ago to a wonderful woman with a wonderful career. Heck, she makes more than I would be making if I was a driver.

With my business doing well, and her career doing well, believe me, these last 9 years have been tough to stay on board, but I knew I could make it, and now starting 10/1/15 I will be getting my pension check at the age 46 every month.

People have told me I was crazy for staying on when the income was not a necessity, but I knew this day would come.

Was it worth it? I say yes.
Congratulations. What is the monthly pension you are going to get at age 46? I'm wondering what you are expecting and hopefully you got in writing before you retire.

Rain Shield

Congratulations. What is the monthly pension you are going to get at age 46? I'm wondering what you are expecting and hopefully you got in writing before you retire.

Amount is in the Contract. Not expecting anything. I know the amount coming. Signed by UPS pension Trustee.

24 year steward who was involved. Involved in Local Elections. Campaigned in Local Elections. Actually took the time to vote in every election and on every contract.

So, yes, I got it in writing. The question would make the reader assume that it is possible to retire with out getting something in writing.