i saw a package car driver today...

City Driver

in my apartment complex, he turned down a dead end street which is clearly marked dead end, drove all the way down the dead end and then backed up the whole way back (not enough room to turn around)

why would he do this? it wasnt that far to walk, and theres alot of kids that live here and the school bus had just dropped off a bunch of them 20 minutes before

pretty dangerous if u ask me...surely this is against the methods?

he also looked just like al bundy

evilleace

Well you are supposed to back first but as long as it wasn't a very long street I don't see anything wrong with it management might see it differently.

over9five

Staff member
Was it also clearly marked that there wasn't enough room to turn around at the end?
Maybe it was a cover driver who had never been there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

City, if you feel this strongly about it, perhaps you should mention something to him the next time that you see him. I know you are home for a few days with your injury. As Over said, he very may have been a cover driver and was not familiar with the area and did not realize that there was not enough room to turn around at the end of the dead end. He also may not know that there are a lot of kids in that complex. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

City Driver

its not a really long street at all, but its not short either, he probably had to back the length of a football field, and u can clearly see that there is no room to turn around

why dont UPS package cars have the mirror mounted on the back like DHL trucks have (had?) that allow u to see behind the truck somewhat

and i hope yall dont think im gonna report this guy, im not mad at him, he wasnt driving wrecklessly or anything i just think the safer option would be to walk or wheel the packages there

City Driver

lol oh i didnt know that....is it a color monitor? can u actually see pretty good while backing? i honestly had no idea, that changes the whole scenario then...i figured he just couldnt see at all and was pretty much backing and praying

nobodys perfect, ive been caught up in dead ends but its much worse with a tractor trailer

drewed

Shankman
It doesnt really change everything you still have blind spots and you cant keep your eyes on the monitor and mirrors at the same time..
300 feet though? thats a pretty substantial backing in any vehicle

City Driver

It doesnt really change everything you still have blind spots and you cant keep your eyes on the monitor and mirrors at the same time..
300 feet though? thats a pretty substantial backing in any vehicle

i agree

but the fact that there is a camera makes it alot less serious in my opinion, i honestly didnt know that

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
lol oh i didnt know that....is it a color monitor? can u actually see pretty good while backing? i honestly had no idea, that changes the whole scenario then...i figured he just couldnt see at all and was pretty much backing and praying

nobodys perfect, ive been caught up in dead ends but its much worse with a tractor trailer

We are taught to back first so if the delivery was at the end of the street, Al would still have to back down the dead end street the whole way. He might have thought he could turn in a driveway and turn around again. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Safety is a top priority so I'm sure he was careful in that situation.

City Driver

Al would still have to back down the dead end street the whole way..

that made me laugh hard:happy-very:

he really did look like al bundy

by the way hef, i dont plan on making a big deal out of it....like i said i never intended to report him or anything like that, id hate to see anybody get in trouble especially in these times

all i said was i think there was a safer way of doing it, and most likely he was a cover driver or something and will know next time not to go down that street

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

is it a color monitor? Actually a 19 inch LCD. I watch DVD's on my breaks.
100_7338.jpg

ive never worked for UPS so i have no idea if u are joking or not
His name is brownmonster, what do you think?:wink2:
attachment.php

100_7338.jpg