I Work With Geniuses

MassWineGuy

Got back to the building just at the latest time acceptable. Quite a bit of freight. Sort just about done, needed to offload my Sprinter so the stuff gets to the plane.

As I turn into the building entrance what do I see? I see a Ford Transit clown car parked diagonally, blocking most of the parking slots. I saw and took a clear space further down. As the driver walked back to his vehicle from the doc sort area, he looked puzzled as to why several people were screaming at him.

I later inquired as to what was going through his mind and he said something about running out of paper (presumably for a printer?), adding that he didn’t owe me an explanation. Fair enough.

Although extremely rare, there are definitely moments I would have enjoyed being a manager.

SmithBarney

The bar has been set so low... FedEx wonders why they scramble to get the job done. You get what you pay for. Our managers spent another Monday in the conference room, trying to figure out how to fix it while getting reamed on conference calls... the managers know the answers, but the other side of the phone doesn't want to hear it...

purpder

Got back to the building just at the latest time acceptable. Quite a bit of freight. Sort just about done, needed to offload my Sprinter so the stuff gets to the plane.

As I turn into the building entrance what do I see? I see a Ford Transit clown car parked diagonally, blocking most of the parking slots. I saw and took a clear space further down. As the driver walked back to his vehicle from the doc sort area, he looked puzzled as to why several people were screaming at him.

I later inquired as to what was going through his mind and he said something about running out of paper (presumably for a printer?), adding that he didn’t owe me an explanation. Fair enough.

Although extremely rare, there are definitely moments I would have enjoyed being a manager.
He gets an A for effort in my book. At my station they would say I ran out of paper so I couldn't pup it and dump them all on the understaffed sort to do

AB831

The PM sort was the ninth circle of hell at my old station. They had two PM managers, and moved the competent one to another station and doubled the workload of the incompetent one. Every single night was complete and utter chaos. The tractor trailers left late every night, so they would cram half a big rig load into 3 sprinters. They had no handlers to help the driver load the shuttle, so there were often mountains of cardboard falling off the belt, onto the loading dock, and onto the asphalt, where they would remain until after the sort was over and the manager would finally get someone to help load the shuttle (or do it himself while smoking a cigarette). He was a pretty awful manager, but I actually felt bad for him because he was a nice guy and was completely set up to fail.

chris45

The PM sort was the ninth circle of hell at my old station. They had two PM managers, and moved the competent one to another station and doubled the workload of the incompetent one. Every single night was complete and utter chaos. The tractor trailers left late every night, so they would cram half a big rig load into 3 sprinters. They had no handlers to help the driver load the shuttle, so there were often mountains of cardboard falling off the belt, onto the loading dock, and onto the asphalt, where they would remain until after the sort was over and the manager would finally get someone to help load the shuttle (or do it himself while smoking a cigarette). He was a pretty awful manager, but I actually felt bad for him because he was a nice guy and was completely set up to fail.
That sounds like most stations tbh 🤣😭

Nolimitz

if that is your biggest prob you need a new life