I screwed up and I don’t know if I can fix this :( :(

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My advice is to reduce your college credit load and slowly earn your degree (we're talking 10 hours in class 20 hours of study 30 hours of work)
Switch to preload for 5+ hours and learn now that you always get to work (or be paid) a minimum of 3.5 and displace any less senior employee.
Cars? They are literally a cash sink. People vastly underestimate the built-in cost of renting out a distance only to lose a ton of time and money in the commute.

I just made a list of ways I plan to improve my attendance, and I’m potentially going to pick up extra hours at one of my jobs in order to avoid going home when my boyfriend is there so he can’t talk me into doing anything stupid.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Find a new boyfriend. Relationships that argue about money constantly never work in the end.
Edit: quit ups. Get more hours at the other gigs you have.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I believe I was shorted a few times by one of the managers, but he switched sorts so he’s someone else’s problem now. But that was what set my boyfriend off. I hate myself right now for listening to him. I possibly ruined my entire future because I believed someone I thought had my best interests at heart.
Never, ever, ever let someone else control your future by discouraging you from improving yourself. He sounds like a controlling person and you need to tread with caution with him. They are experts at making you feel bad about yourself. If you’re stuck there until you finish nursing school, stay, then get the hell out when you graduate. If you want to be somebody, BE somebody. You sound like a hard worker and someone willing to put in the work that’s needed to get there. You will always come across people who will try to pull you back due to their own insecurities. Ignore them. Stand strong! But first, make sure you are on time to work from here on out no matter what is going on around you! You got this!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They need people right now so that is working in your favor, second if their calling you and telling you to come in and only work an hour, tell them you want your 3 and a half, and if they con you by lying file a grievance, third any write up or talk with a supervisor get your union rep.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I just made a list of ways I plan to improve my attendance, and I’m potentially going to pick up extra hours at one of my jobs in order to avoid going home when my boyfriend is there so he can’t talk me into doing anything stupid.
You like lying to yourself I see...

Just trying to help.

UPSER1987

Every other thread is about UPS not hiring and staffing enough people. Then the same people want to defend people not showing up for work. People like this are part of the problem not the solution. Quit blaming your situation and get to work or quit. You are wasting everyone’s time. Instead of the management team working on operational plans, it deals with :censored2: like this. I can’t believe adults can’t get off their ass and go to work.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I’m 90% certain I’m going to get fired next week.

I’ve been at my location a little over a year. My boyfriend and I used to have a friend who worked at the same spot and he got canned for bad attendance. I also made the same mistakes, in large part because my boyfriend would demand I not waste the gas money to go in when management kept asking me to go in for one hour. When I pointed out what happened to our friend, my boyfriend’s response was that “you’re union they can’t fire you for poor attendance”.

Unfortunately I have that many write-ups because I was an idiot and believed him. I shouldn’t have, but it’s difficult because I live with him. If I didn’t I probably wouldn’t have listened to him as much as I did. Despite the efforts I made to attempt to get better at this, I was late twice in a row this week and got written up again. The supervisor who did so did not have a union rep present so I don’t know if it will stick, or what I should do.

If I lose this job I will be unable to afford to go to nursing school. I am in tears right now.

Worst case scenario, if I do get fired how many months/years will I have to wait until I can get rehired? I literally can’t afford classes or health insurance without this job.

EDIT: My boyfriend is aware that I’m on thin ice. Despite this, we got into a fight Sunday night because I had to go in. They sent me home 90 minutes later and he got mad at me for wasting gas. :(
First. Speak to your immediate supervisor and tell him/her that you will come in when called and then live by word.
Second. If you get fired , go to the union hall and speak to your business agent. This is what they get paid for.

Thirdly......you dont wanna know what I think of your so called boyfriend.

We need more nurses so don't quit that dream.

UPSER1987

First. Speak to your immediate supervisor and tell him/her that you will come in when called and then live by word.
Second. If you get fired , go to the union hall and speak to your business agent. This is what they get paid for.

You mean nightmare. I wouldn’t want to be her patient. She probably called in sick.

By speaking to a business agent does that mean I might be able to fight this? I may have hope after all?

Package Stick

"Send it."
Need a new boyfriend? It's my dream to send a chick to work, what is this guy doing lmao.

In the 3 years I worked in the hub before I went to feeders, I was late twice. Because I was coming off vacation.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Every other thread is about UPS not hiring and staffing enough people. Then the same people want to defend people not showing up for work. People like this are part of the problem not the solution. Quit blaming your situation and get to work or quit. You are wasting everyone’s time. Instead of the management team working on operational plans, it deals with :censored2: like this. I can’t believe adults can’t get off their ass and go to work.

I can certainly believe that adults fail to show up for work when they have to fight with their supervisors to get more than a single hour of work. Even 3.5 is an insult in my opinion.

UPSER1987

I can certainly believe that adults fail to show up for work when they have to fight with their supervisors to get more than a single hour of work. Even 3.5 is an insult in my opinion.
Sorry, I’m calling BS on the one hour report. As an adult, you research what you are/aren’t entitled to and show up for work every day. She probably shows up when she wants to and the supervisor has no plans for her because she can’t be counted on. The supervisor shouldn’t have have to fight people to get to work, but it happens daily. I can’t stand people that have an excuse for every attendance infraction like someone is supposed to feel sorry for them, while everyone else is buried in their work. You came to UPS looking for work-not the other way around.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Relax.

No but they implied they would skip that step and fire me outright.

The company has to follow "progressive" discipline.

Meaning:

1) Verbal warning (which they have done with your Steward present)

2) A written warning letter, asking you to correct the problem with "further" consequences if not corrected.

3) A local level hearing with your BA (from the Union) at which point the company might try to suspend you.

You're not there yet.... but, knocking on the door. Clean it up and go about your life.

I may have hope after all?

It's up to you.

-Bug-

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s basically what I plan to do at this point. I sadly have a lot of time management issues that I never fixed when I was younger. I can only make some attempts now and hope they’re enough.
You better learn time management, no one likes someone who is always late.

UPSER1987

Relax.

The company has to follow "progressive" discipline.

Meaning:

1) Verbal warning (which they have done with your Steward present)

2) A written warning letter, asking you to correct the problem with "further" consequences if not corrected.

3) A local level hearing with your BA (from the Union) at which point the company might try to suspend you.

You're not there yet.... but, knocking on the door. Clean it up and go about your life.

It's up to you.

-Bug-
And if you do get your job back, I’m sure your co-workers won’t mind picking up your slack when you go back to your old adult(?) habits lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I’ve been at my location a little over a year. My boyfriend and I used to have a friend who worked at the same spot and he got canned for bad attendance. I also made the same mistakes, in large part because my boyfriend would demand I not waste the gas money to go in when management kept asking me to go in for one hour. When I pointed out what happened to our friend, my boyfriend’s response was that “you’re union they can’t fire you for poor attendance”.

Unfortunately I have that many write-ups because I was an idiot and believed him. I shouldn’t have, but it’s difficult because I live with him. If I didn’t I probably wouldn’t have listened to him as much as I did. Despite the efforts I made to attempt to get better at this, I was late twice in a row this week and got written up again. The supervisor who did so did not have a union rep present so I don’t know if it will stick, or what I should do.

If I lose this job I will be unable to afford to go to nursing school. I am in tears right now.

Worst case scenario, if I do get fired how many months/years will I have to wait until I can get rehired? I literally can’t afford classes or health insurance without this job.

EDIT: My boyfriend is aware that I’m on thin ice. Despite this, we got into a fight Sunday night because I had to go in. They sent me home 90 minutes later and he got mad at me for wasting gas. :(
Please DO NOT MARRY THE KNUCKLEHEAD BOYFRIEND! RUN!

Stay on birth control!