I screwed up and I don’t know if I can fix this :( :(

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Stop wasting time.
Marry your loser. Have a bunch of kids. Sign up.
It's your future.
Responsible people feed people like you.

Wrong.

She needs to bang his best friend. Let the news of the affair slip out.

Her boyfriend kicks her out.... she gets a new boyfriend and a new place to live.

She plans on being a nurse.

Nurses are freaks. ;)

I have hope for her abilities.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Clean your act up and ditch that dirtbag boyfriend. He doesn't have your best interests in mind. My daughter worked hard and made it through nursing school. She is now a supervisor over all the RN's in her department. If she wanted, she could work 7 days a week. They are that much in a bind at most hospitals. Get thru this stretch and you can make it. Good luck to you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can you imagine her parents reaction the first time they met Mr Dreamy the boyfriend?

69b5cc57e4207fb2bdd366be6cdd51e7fd-gemini.h352.w529.gif

Last edited:

ski or die

Ski or Die
No but they implied they would skip that step and fire me outright.
This is why there is a contract. They cannot skip steps. They have to follow proper disciplinary procedures. If they terminate you, file for not following the contract concerning discipline and not being paid your hourly guarantees. Your steward should have stepped up to the plate and presented this to them. The company is just trying to intimidate you so you will buckle under to them. They have a pattern of dismissing employees as a manager once told me, to just get into their pockets for lost wages while suspended. I was a union steward at the time. So if they want to play this game which they will try to delay as much as possible to hurt you financially, you will eventually win with backpay including your guaranteed hours. Stand strong. Let them know the articles of the contract the next time they call you in the office and have your steward speak up for you with the same info. And, when called in, report to work, keep track of hours so you can present them at hearing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is why there is a contract. They cannot skip steps. They have to follow proper disciplinary procedures. If they terminate you, file for not following the contract concerning discipline and not being paid your hourly guarantees. Your steward should have stepped up to the plate and presented this to them. The company is just trying to intimidate you so you will buckle under to them. They have a pattern of dismissing employees as a manager once told me, to just get into their pockets for lost wages while suspended. I was a union steward at the time. So if they want to play this game which they will try to delay as much as possible to hurt you financially, you will eventually win with backpay including your guaranteed hours. Stand strong. Let them know the articles of the contract the next time they call you in the office and have your steward speak up for you with the same info. And, when called in, report to work, keep track of hours so you can present them at hearing.
On time.

UPSER1987

If only she was this diligent just reporting to work lol. It’s really not that hard. There is no skill needed in reporting to work. Believe me, the management team and the union both do not want to waste time on people that don’t show up for work. You won’t get much sympathy on either side.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1. Self responsibility. Buy your own gas, get your 3.5 guarantee.
2. If it takes 30 minutes to get to work, give yourself 45.
3. Re evaluate your relationship. Pay your own way if living with someone. Live your own life. Unless he want to sign a contract to pay your way. Quit being a pushover, you control your life and your future. He does not.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m 90% certain I’m going to get fired next week.

I’ve been at my location a little over a year. My boyfriend and I used to have a friend who worked at the same spot and he got canned for bad attendance. I also made the same mistakes, in large part because my boyfriend would demand I not waste the gas money to go in when management kept asking me to go in for one hour. When I pointed out what happened to our friend, my boyfriend’s response was that “you’re union they can’t fire you for poor attendance”.

Unfortunately I have that many write-ups because I was an idiot and believed him. I shouldn’t have, but it’s difficult because I live with him. If I didn’t I probably wouldn’t have listened to him as much as I did. Despite the efforts I made to attempt to get better at this, I was late twice in a row this week and got written up again. The supervisor who did so did not have a union rep present so I don’t know if it will stick, or what I should do.

If I lose this job I will be unable to afford to go to nursing school. I am in tears right now.

Worst case scenario, if I do get fired how many months/years will I have to wait until I can get rehired? I literally can’t afford classes or health insurance without this job.

EDIT: My boyfriend is aware that I’m on thin ice. Despite this, we got into a fight Sunday night because I had to go in. They sent me home 90 minutes later and he got mad at me for wasting gas. :(
Move to PA I’ll pay all your bills baby , IM A RPCD!

YOUR BOYFRIEND WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!!

I HAVE A COMMA IN MY PAYCHECK
✊🧔

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Uber to work. It’s really not hard to go to work and if you been there a year demand your 3.5 guarantee..
I agree it is not hard. I was late once or twice in hellatious snow storms, I dont get that. And no one had left yet anyway, because trailers will late, so I actually saved them money..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
By speaking to a business agent does that mean I might be able to fight this? I may have hope after all?
It's up to you.
If you get fired
Also like i already mentioned if you keep your job you're gonna have to come in everyday.
UPS is running a business.

I used to manage a small business back in the 70's and routinely fired people
for not coming in. I had a business to run and even back then people would call in sick
on Mondays and/or Fridays.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Generation Snowflake. Starts early in school when they learn rules really don't apply. There always is unlimited chances.
-Dr. Wally on why some people aren’t good decision makers 😂
Unlimited chances? To what? Scrape by? These people don’t flourish, Wally. Be proud that you put the work in to make something of yourself; and maybe just accept that there’s a lot of dumb people in the world who aren’t going to be “successful.”