I screwed up and I don’t know if I can fix this :( :(

iruhnman630

First: lose the chump.

Second: demand your guarantee

Third: you took a job. Put on the big girl pants and show up for work.

Most importantly, pursue something that fits you better.

The third one may seem a bit snarky, but you can do better

It's up to you.
If you get fired
Also like i already mentioned if you keep your job you're gonna have to come in everyday.
UPS is running a business.

I used to manage a small business back in the 70's and routinely fired people
for not coming in. I had a business to run and even back then people would call in sick
on Mondays and/or Fridays.
f7b80f2d5e3b4cba70571ed80a19e311.gif

I’m starting to reach that same conclusion. Unfortunately I am unable to afford living on my own, even while working 3 jobs. My other 2 jobs are as a CNA in 2 different facilities and I barely break even.
I got a guy....he'll handle your bills...and give you gas money.....he's a RPCD.....and he has a beard.....and he lifts team-lift packages on his own......and he can magically tell who will make it and who won't.... he goes by @MECH-lift

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
It's up to you.
If you get fired
Also like i already mentioned if you keep your job you're gonna have to come in everyday.
UPS is running a business.
@bur
I used to manage a small business back in the 70's and routinely fired people
for not coming in. I had a business to run and even back then people would call in sick
on Mondays and/or Fridays.
@burrheadd

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
-Dr. Wally on why some people aren’t good decision makers 😂
Unlimited chances? To what? Scrape by? These people don’t flourish, Wally. Be proud that you put the work in to make something of yourself; and maybe just accept that there’s a lot of dumb people in the world who aren’t going to be “successful.”
Things like getting to work on time shouldn't be that hard. Starts in the home and schools. Too many parents and teachers think they are friends and not leaders.

J.D. Hogg

Getting wrote up for missing work?

Unheard of in my building.

The same employees consistently miss work and/or arrive late and Sups don't say a word to them.

Even the No-Call-No-Show employees get away with missing work for many days in a row without anything being said to them.

brownIEman

This is why there is a contract. They cannot skip steps. They have to follow proper disciplinary procedures. If they terminate you, file for not following the contract concerning discipline and not being paid your hourly guarantees. Your steward should have stepped up to the plate and presented this to them. The company is just trying to intimidate you so you will buckle under to them. They have a pattern of dismissing employees as a manager once told me, to just get into their pockets for lost wages while suspended. I was a union steward at the time. So if they want to play this game which they will try to delay as much as possible to hurt you financially, you will eventually win with backpay including your guaranteed hours. Stand strong. Let them know the articles of the contract the next time they call you in the office and have your steward speak up for you with the same info. And, when called in, report to work, keep track of hours so you can present them at hearing.

Lol. Yes, the company is trying to intimidate her to get her to "buckle under" by actually showing up to work on time, the dasterdly cads! Stand up to them, don't show up on time or at all, I mean what's next, they'll expect you to do actual work?!?
Buckle under, really?

She should absolutely demand her gaurantee, but bear in mind she loses her right to the gaurantee if she reports late, depending on the rider she's under.

If what she's claiming is true, proper progressive discipline steps were not followed, so a termination won't stick. This could be true incompetence and or laziness on mngmnts part. It could also be them intentionally sabotaging their own case because they don't want to fire her, they just want her to actually show up when she's scheduled to (again, those dasterdly cads!!)
I've seen all of the above.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Getting wrote up for missing work?

Unheard of in my building.

The same employees consistently miss work and/or arrive late and Sups don't say a word to them.

Even the No-Call-No-Show employees get away with missing work for many days in a row without anything being said to them.
Don’t want to lose them.
Lol. Yes, the company is trying to intimidate her to get her to "buckle under" by actually showing up to work on time, the dasterdly cads! Stand up to them, don't show up on time or at all, I mean what's next, they'll expect you to do actual work?!?
Buckle under, really?

She should absolutely demand her gaurantee, but bear in mind she loses her right to the gaurantee if she reports late, depending on the rider she's under.

If what she's claiming is true, proper progressive discipline steps were not followed, so a termination won't stick. This could be true incompetence and or laziness on mngmnts part. It could also be them intentionally sabotaging their own case because they don't want to fire her, they just want her to actually show up when she's scheduled to (again, those dasterdly cads!!)
I've seen all of the above.
Just be on time! WTF?!

Tea Bagger 1

I’m 90% certain I’m going to get fired next week.

I’ve been at my location a little over a year. My boyfriend and I used to have a friend who worked at the same spot and he got canned for bad attendance. I also made the same mistakes, in large part because my boyfriend would demand I not waste the gas money to go in when management kept asking me to go in for one hour. When I pointed out what happened to our friend, my boyfriend’s response was that “you’re union they can’t fire you for poor attendance”.

Unfortunately I have that many write-ups because I was an idiot and believed him. I shouldn’t have, but it’s difficult because I live with him. If I didn’t I probably wouldn’t have listened to him as much as I did. Despite the efforts I made to attempt to get better at this, I was late twice in a row this week and got written up again. The supervisor who did so did not have a union rep present so I don’t know if it will stick, or what I should do.

If I lose this job I will be unable to afford to go to nursing school. I am in tears right now.

Worst case scenario, if I do get fired how many months/years will I have to wait until I can get rehired? I literally can’t afford classes or health insurance without this job.

EDIT: My boyfriend is aware that I’m on thin ice. Despite this, we got into a fight Sunday night because I had to go in. They sent me home 90 minutes later and he got mad at me for wasting gas. :(
First you should fire your boyfriend. He's a tool. If you didn't have representation your B.A. will argue that point. You will get your job back, and make sure you let your B.A. know they sent you home after 1 hour. You will get paid the back pay. I was a steward for a while and we got someone rehired after he got fired with out a steward. UPS is famous for "friend" ing with new hires who don't know too much of the contract. Call your B.A. and steward. But get rid of your boyfriend.

You said you’ve been working there over a year now. You clearly have seniority at this point. Why are you being called in then going home and not working your guaranteed? Don’t agree to go home. Tell them you want your guaranteed hours for being called into work.

Labelflipper

I’m 90% certain I’m going to get fired next week.

I’ve been at my location a little over a year. My boyfriend and I used to have a friend who worked at the same spot and he got canned for bad attendance. I also made the same mistakes, in large part because my boyfriend would demand I not waste the gas money to go in when management kept asking me to go in for one hour. When I pointed out what happened to our friend, my boyfriend’s response was that “you’re union they can’t fire you for poor attendance”.

Unfortunately I have that many write-ups because I was an idiot and believed him. I shouldn’t have, but it’s difficult because I live with him. If I didn’t I probably wouldn’t have listened to him as much as I did. Despite the efforts I made to attempt to get better at this, I was late twice in a row this week and got written up again. The supervisor who did so did not have a union rep present so I don’t know if it will stick, or what I should do.

If I lose this job I will be unable to afford to go to nursing school. I am in tears right now.

Worst case scenario, if I do get fired how many months/years will I have to wait until I can get rehired? I literally can’t afford classes or health insurance without this job.

EDIT: My boyfriend is aware that I’m on thin ice. Despite this, we got into a fight Sunday night because I had to go in. They sent me home 90 minutes later and he got mad at me for wasting gas. :(
Girl, after reading all the comments, you need to get your :censored2: together.

If your boyfriend is not supportive of you wanting to advance your career to be a nurse, you really need to let him go. It sounds like he is making it more difficult for you to obtain this. I would ask him why he is making it more difficult. If he truly loves you, he would be helping you.

Being on time for work.... yes, you need to be on time. Whether in the Union or not, the Union can't do much regarding your attendance. That's up to you. When you are late, as I understand it, you can't ask for the 3.5 guaranteed hours. Make it a priority to show up on time, and you will get the 3.5 hours if you tell them you want them. And yes, always have a Union Steward present when Sups want to "talk to you".

You said you were in tears right now cuz if you lose this job, you won't be able to afford going to nursing school.
Then don't lose this job. Do what you have to do to keep it, and I can tell you know what you have to do to keep it. I think you may be letting the boyfriend interfere with what you want. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some things to get to your ultimate goal.

I feel for ya girl, really do. Do what you know you need to do, don't the boyfriend make you feel guilty about what you are wanting to do. You don't need permission from anyone to go to nursing school. You want to do it, and it's ok.

I hope everything works out for you. Be strong and don't give up on becoming a nurse.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
She's the type that probably still hasn't yet got rid of that :censored2:bag boyfriend.

Co-dependency, what an affliction.