I took road test in terrible PC & flunked!

Z

ZQXC

A modern design that brakes at the rear axle.

My guess is, that you work at a large urban center with a ginormous automotive budget and repairs are made properly and in a timely manner. I wish it was the same everywhere.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Every PC new of any size these days has a drum brake mounted to the driveline at one end or the other. Pretty much the same as any old PC save for Fords with Lucas hydraulic wedge park brakes.

Z

ZQXC

Were they some old things? I've never seen this type.

It may have been a 1 year production run because I can tell you it does not work. Never has and never will. It won't hold the truck on a 5 degree slope. With the brake engaged, you can drive away and have no awareness of any resistance to travel.

My guess is, that you work at a large urban center with a ginormous automotive budget and repairs are made properly and in a timely manner. I wish it was the same everywhere.

So if someone gets killed it will be less of a tragedy if the maintenance budget is smaller?

Call the DOT, get the code book, and use it to quote specific articles hen you r/t the truck.

Rico

Every PC new of any size these days has a drum brake mounted to the driveline at one end or the other. Pretty much the same as any old PC save for Fords with Lucas hydraulic wedge park brakes.
Like the way the old Jeeps were set up with the drum parking brake mounted to companion flange on the rear output shaft of the transfer case?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Of all my time with automotive, our "budget" never came into play except for one time when we had an inordinate number of engine failures.

bill blutnach

I think you should contact the union and HR and be nice about it (you seem reasonable) and ask for another road test with another evaluator.
Get out there and drive that PC around the yard to get use to it.

und ask if you can drive your own car so you dont kill anyone in the ups car...:)