I want this guy's route! Must See

upschuck

If you knew the right people I think u could get your hands on one. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance I could get one. It would be stripped and reprinted though.

Only thing I'm not sure on is if ups follows up checking VIN numbers to see if they were indeed destroyed.
Our mechanics physically witness them being crushed or destroyed.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's a cool looking old truck but if you notice the paint scheme is one that I have never seen on any UPS vehicle.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Looks like that thing hasn't been making the rounds for quite a while.
I was once woken up by an officer that someone called in an abandoned UPS vehicle where I had been parking for lunch to take a nap on my new route. Parked at the same spot for 2 months at the same time, said the citizen logged times and everything.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I was once woken up by an officer that someone called in an abandoned UPS vehicle where I had been parking for lunch to take a nap on my new route. Parked at the same spot for 2 months at the same time, said the citizen logged times and everything.
That shows you are very consistent.You should be proud.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That wasn't always practice though. They may get to a junkyard but that doesn't stop the junkyard from reselling the body/chassis and someone putting a new motor in it. I've seen it done at a local yard here.

We had a driver who was buddies with the guy that 'used' to scrap our old trucks. Our mechanics once ADA'd an old GMC 500 with a one month old engine.

Guess who's old S-10 that 4.3 ended up in?

Indecisi0n

If I could get my hands on one cheap I would drive an old 8 to work everyday. Could you imagine the look on peoples facing with that thing parked in the employee parking lot. Haha

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.

Had the same thing happen to me.